Educate me on the Ghost

sprite

What about a Wraith?

Is that a real Royce or is that a 2 door Ghost?

2 door Ghost with a fast back. Drives a bit better than a Ghost but still doesn't "feel" like a RR should IMO. And although highly personal and subjective, I am not a fan of the styling.

2 door Ghost with a fast back. Drives a bit better than a Ghost but still doesn't "feel" like a RR should IMO. And although highly personal and subjective, I am not a fan of the styling.

They have to make a baby Phantom.

It's the only way.

They have to make a baby Phantom.

It's the only way.

I am fairly sure that a brand new Phantom, or whatever it will be called, is on the way as a MY2018 car. No idea if we will see it in 2017 though. But prior to this new Phantom, a RR SUV is coming next. :eusa_wall:

Again, call me old school but the idea of scaling down the pantheon grill is just plain silly. That and the Spirit of Ecstasy is what make a RR instantly identifiable. Excessively recessing the pantheon grill just doesn't make sense. And I don't think any RR owner would mind that tiny bit of drag increase from a more pronounced grill. But it does seem like RR is reversing on that path, although they did not change the grill, they did raise the Spirit of Ecstasy by an inch on the Dawn.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2013 one in the other thread I posted, I dont come on here much but Ive had it since feb and its the best sedan I've ever owned. I had a s600 maybach, Ive had s65 and s550 in the past and the ghost is on a different level. It drives like a dream so nice and quiet, very heavy though. It gets so much attention in houston, when i shipped it to my house in miami it was funny sometimes Id see 5 at one restaurant but in houston its very cool. I bought a 3 year extended warranty for $8,000. Im good to go now, no issues in 4 months of ownership

I just bought a 2013 one in the other thread I posted, I dont come on here much but Ive had it since feb and its the best sedan I've ever owned. I had a s600 maybach, Ive had s65 and s550 in the past and the ghost is on a different level. It drives like a dream so nice and quiet, very heavy though. It gets so much attention in houston, when i shipped it to my house in miami it was funny sometimes Id see 5 at one restaurant but in houston its very cool. I bought a 3 year extended warranty for $8,000. Im good to go now, no issues in 4 months of ownership

Thanks for the info. Did you get yours from an official dealer? Assuming you have to in order to get the extended warranty.

Do you have any more info on the warranty? Is it from RR?

Do you have any more info on the warranty? Is it from RR?

I did not get it from the dealer, I got it from a used car dealer here in houston who btw remind me to never do again. Im going through a headache with an attorney now bc its been almost 4 full months and they haven't sent the title yet. He sent them a letter a couple weeks ago and I guess they have 60 days to get it sorted now and my bank, chase is all over them, but they're a monster used car dealer here and im kinda shocked about whats going on.....wont name names bc I dont want a headache, but its a complete mess right now.

Anyways I forgot the name of the co, but its not rolls royce, but the dealer here in houston helped me source it. Apparently the sooner you buy it, the cheaper it is. Mine is a 2013 but its got like 15 months of the original warranty left bc its based on the in service date which apparently came almost a year after its production. Anyways $8,000+ for 3 more years of warranty is not a bad deal.

FWIW the leases are amazing if you can do 2500 miles a year, I almost did it but I wanted to drive. Around christmas they were giving away 2015 wraiths and ghosts for $25k down and payments from $1800-3000/mo depending how loaded you wanted a car. Im 100% sure theyll do it again this christmas or on any remaining 2015s. For me personally I looked at it as Im paying $165k ill enjoy it as much as I want and hopefully within 5 years be able to get at least $80k back on sale vs the lease was going to be 48 months at say $2200/mo + $25k out the door because I wasn't going to try and expense a rolls lease and risk an audit.

I did not get it from the dealer, I got it from a used car dealer here in houston who btw remind me to never do again. Im going through a headache with an attorney now bc its been almost 4 full months and they haven't sent the title yet. He sent them a letter a couple weeks ago and I guess they have 60 days to get it sorted now and my bank, chase is all over them, but they're a monster used car dealer here and im kinda shocked about whats going on.....wont name names bc I dont want a headache, but its a complete mess right now.

Anyways I forgot the name of the co, but its not rolls royce, but the dealer here in houston helped me source it. Apparently the sooner you buy it, the cheaper it is. Mine is a 2013 but its got like 15 months of the original warranty left bc its based on the in service date which apparently came almost a year after its production. Anyways $8,000+ for 3 more years of warranty is not a bad deal.

FWIW the leases are amazing if you can do 2500 miles a year, I almost did it but I wanted to drive. Around christmas they were giving away 2015 wraiths and ghosts for $25k down and payments from $1800-3000/mo depending how loaded you wanted a car. Im 100% sure theyll do it again this christmas or on any remaining 2015s. For me personally I looked at it as Im paying $165k ill enjoy it as much as I want and hopefully within 5 years be able to get at least $80k back on sale vs the lease was going to be 48 months at say $2200/mo + $25k out the door because I wasn't going to try and expense a rolls lease and risk an audit.

Was the dealer Global? Heard some pretty nasty things about them.

I looked into the leases on a Wraith, they did one at 10k miles/yr (I'm not sure if they go higher than that) and they quoted me ~3300/mo with almost 40k due at signing (that included taxes as well). Unfortunately in Texas you have to pay all the sales tax upfront so leases end up not making very much sense. The dealer was Park Place Dallas btw.

• 4 months later...

Currently we own (from New) a 2011 Bentley Flying Spur Speed and a 2012 RR EWB Ghost. Bentley has 30,000 and Ghost has 11,000 mi. Neither cars has had any service other than routine. Great cars. Thinking of trading in the Bentley on the 2017 speed with a different set of options in another 6 months but not a must, just a thought. Very happy with both.

aehaas