Driving a US Lambo in the UK for a few years?

FiveCar

My Aventador SV, purchased in the US, is due to be completed in early 2017. However, I'm living for a few years in London.

Does anyone know whether there's a way to drive a US-spec Lambo in the UK for two years without going through all the crazy import/export emissions stuff, and without VAT shenanigans?

Research on the internet and in LP doesn't seem conclusive. Seems like a US citizen can drive a European car, purchased in Europe, without paying VAT, for six months only. And then the car has to go back to the US with you. But it also seems that a US citizen can import a car from the US to the UK, without paying VAT, if the car's already been registered and taxed in the US. But in both cases, it seems that emissions and other cross-country spec-matching need to be done... and I'd rather not go through all that hassle unless it's absolutely necessary.

Have any US citizens imported their US Lambos into the UK? Or bought a US Lambo while living in the UK? I'd like to get your advice on how best to proceed.

Thanks in advance.