superleggera

Stevenorcal

Looking at two Superleggera's and going to buy

one has CFB and other does not.

how much was this option new?

Better for resale to have carbon?

Both cars have their Pro's, difference in price and a few other details has brought me to the non-carbon brake car. Havent pulled trigger yet, anyone have anything to share?

2008 Superleggera

I'd want carbon just for the brake dust issues alone!

I appreciate that aspect.

Maybe I break it down a little more

None carbon car has 1200 more miles (4900 total) Just serviced,-two new tires-steering rack leak fixed, corner balanced and I have all the specs on clutch life-brakes etc. Clean car

Car with Carbon Brakes. 3K total miles- collector owned-89% clutch-brakes at 9 mm (I hear you never really need to replace carbon brakes?) Needs Tires!!- there original and cracking-oil changed but not serviced in in 14 months

both cars are clean and fresh- Both sales assoc have been transparent with info and reputable IMO.

4-6K separates them in price.

Any advice on which one to buy?.....making purchase in two days

Alot of people complain about the light switch nature of gen 1 ccb. I like them and feel they make the car more unique of a drive. They look cool and no dust is killer. I looked at an sts but can't go back to steel.

Alot of people complain about the light switch nature of gen 1 ccb. I like them and feel they make the car more unique of a drive. They look cool and no dust is killer. I looked at an sts but can't go back to steel.

Thank you AG

overall, any suggestions or insight on which is better ? My thought is CFB's adds to resale and why not get every option you can. None CFB car is turn key however

torn between the two

......any idea how much the CFB's were as a option in 2008?

On the Murci I believe they were something like a $12k option? Honestly not sure.

I have them on my Murci and love them. No dust is worth it alone, not to mention the fact that they stop incredibly well.

On a 2009 LP560 CCB was a $15,600 option.

Are you sure thickness determines remaining rotor life? I thought they had to be removed and weighed. But not positive.

Almost zero brake dust makes them a joy to live with. Squealing was never an issue with mine.

Good luck!

None carbon car has 1200 more miles (4900 total) Just serviced,-two new tires-steering rack leak fixed, corner balanced and I have all the specs on clutch life-brakes etc. Clean car

Car with Carbon Brakes. 3K total miles- collector owned-89% clutch-brakes at 9 mm (I hear you never really need to replace carbon brakes?) Needs Tires!!- there original and cracking-oil changed but not serviced in in 14 months

both cars are clean and fresh- Both sales assoc have been transparent with info and reputable IMO.

What are the colors? I'd buy carbon over steel but it wouldn't be a deal breaker, if all things equal the color would be the deciding factor for me, if they are the same color then you are on your own :icon_mrgreen:

For the lower mileage and better options the ccb car is a no-brainer. The mileage is more important on a non LP car due to the differences in the clutch. I also like that you said it was a collector car. Probably driven easier than the other one. Check the egear snap for confirmation. Good luck and enjoy. The 08 SL is a really raw sports car experience! :-)

Love my SL.

I would probably opt for the CCB's.

You may have to adapt your braking style initially.

With a little practice, you'll be braking like a pro in no time.

That said, if it were a unicorn colour (like white) or a manual trans., all bets would be off.

Had a 2008 Gallardo Superleggera. It was a bit of an unicorn --- Bianco Monocerus, no radio, no navigation, CCB and I swapped out the heavy North American air-bagged seats with the original fixed-angle light-weight carbon seats. The only thing missing was being a manual but back in those days, they couldn't give away a manual car. CCB does feel different and needs getting used to. But it's no where the steep learning curve as most would have you believe. Takes about an hour to adopt and you'll be just fine; and they are worth every penny.

Just my 2 cents but given the year of the cars I do not think the CCB vs Steel will significantly impact the resale value. By the point you sell, the car's year and mileage will put it in a price range and-while you can dicker over what part of that range it should be in-the point that "but it has CCBs" probably won't carry a tremendous amount of weight.

Buy the car the appeals to you the most and enjoy!

Should consider my 2011 SL!

+100

As a previous owner of an 08, 11 & 13 SL I would hands down

Pick the newer car. Other than the 08 sounding a bit more raw, the

newer car drives better in every way including the Carbon brakes being

significantly improved. Do yourself a favor and drive both. Once I did

I instantly sold my 08 for the 11!

And yes, Toofs car is a fantastic deal all the way around!! And you can by from a great, well known enthusiast on this forum.

+100

As a previous owner of an 08, 11 & 13 SL I would hands down

Pick the newer car. Other than the 08 sounding a bit more raw, the

newer car drives better in every way including the Carbon brakes being

significantly improved. Do yourself a favor and drive both. Once I did

I instantly sold my 08 for the 11!

And yes, Toofs car is a fantastic deal all the way around!! And you can by from a great, well known enthusiast on this forum.

Gee.....maybe he has a certain budget which is why he's asking about '08's.

Gee.....maybe he has a certain budget which is why he's asking about '08's.

Maybe he does but isn't that for him to decide, just sharing the personal experience and information...

Since the cost delta has diminished dramatically, it is well worth mentioning.

• 4 weeks later...