Anyone buying precious metal?

Lightning

Having only traded ETF's previously, I began buying ASE's this past December and have been building a little stockpile the last 7 months while the spot price of silver has been down. I started with ASE's but have picked up a few silver 10oz APMEX bars as well along the way. Buying physical metals never really interested me in the past, as I always preferred the liquidity of a stock or an ETF (rather than something I have to physically store in a safe).

That being said, there is something cool about having something physically valuable like that to hold, and over the last 6 months I have bought more than I'd originally planned.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks of the current silver/gold prices for a longer hold, and if anyone else has been buying metal the last few months (or years). I haven't bought any gold yet, and with the recent run-up since January, I doubt I will at this point as silver has been more interesting to me.

Any tips for buying/storing/selling/etc? This is all new to me but as a new form of investing, it has been fun to dive into.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one responded to this thread, I can't be the only on who bought some metal over the last year? Roman? Anyone? :)

Silver Spot at 20.35 as I type this.

Gold Spot (down slightly today) at 1357.

Given the current volatility in the world markets and the flight-to-safety premise that surrounds PM, I plan on holding mine for a while, but if it runs up to $25-$30 an ounce later this year or next as some are predicting, I'll be taking some profits off the table for sure.

I have bought some in the last year. Always go through Apmex or buy from friends who need cash.

I'm surprised no one responded to this thread, I can't be the only on who bought some metal over the last year? Roman? Anyone? :)

Silver Spot at 20.35 as I type this.

Gold Spot (down slightly today) at 1357.

Given the current volatility in the world markets and the flight-to-safety premise that surrounds PM, I plan on holding mine for a while, but if it runs up to $25-$30 an ounce later this year or next as some are predicting, I'll be taking some profits off the table for sure.

I've bought some metal, it's blue and will arrive in the next few months :icon_mrgreen:

J/k good luck my friend :icon_thumleft:

I've bought some metal, it's blue and will arrive in the next few months :icon_mrgreen:

J/k good luck my friend :icon_thumleft:

Haha thanks buddy. :) Your metal is a lot more exciting than mine!!! ;)

But yours appreciates :icon_thumleft:

I think your current blue metal would appreciate too if it hasn't done so already. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

I think your current blue metal would appreciate too if it hasn't done so already. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

I've never been that lucky.

Sorry for the OT Lightning.

• 6 months later...

I acquired some Homestake Silver. Very Collectible and rare. I think its cool that it came from my home state and the largest gold/silver mine in North America.