Front compartment light

juneaubehr

Anyone know if there is a switch for the front compartment light? My car is a 92. I'm going through the car installing LED's and noticed that the compartment light in the Amp frame stays on when any of the light buttons are turned on, headlights, park lights , etc. I could not find anything on my wiring diagrams or in my owners manual. Is there a switch build into the hood latch that turns it off when the compartment hood is closed?

Thanks

Anyone know if there is a switch for the front compartment light? My car is a 92. I'm going through the car installing LED's and noticed that the compartment light in the Amp frame stays on when any of the light buttons are turned on, headlights, park lights , etc. I could not find anything on my wiring diagrams or in my owners manual. Is there a switch build into the hood latch that turns it off when the compartment hood is closed?

Thanks

I believe that the light in the front "trunk" operates off

of one of the two door switches for each door.

Thanks

that light is a rocker switch, press one side of the light and turns on, press the other side and it turns off, at least that is what is in my 91

The two interior lights have lenses that rocker, but I tried them to see if rockering them would turn the interior light on or off. It didn't make a difference on my car, maybe mine are missing a part or are broken. If I remove the lens and rotate it 180 degrees and re-install it, it no longer rockers. Can you take a picture of one of your lights without the lens so I can see if mine are missing a piece? I found a switch on the central cluster that turns on the interior lights. I will also check the operation of the door switches tomorrow.

Thanks

that light is a rocker switch, press one side of the light and turns on, press the other side and it turns off, at least that is what is in my 91