Passed on this car

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

Monday morning I flew up to Chicago to buy an R8 that I was in love with. I had my deposit down, already had completed a PPI and was ready to buy it, but chickened out at the last minute. The car was amazing and certainly a 1:1 in the world. The car was in darn near flawless condition and drove like nothing else I had driven. 750 horsepower, manual, Fabspeed one off exhaust, etc. I really think I am going to regret passing on it. :eusa_wall: I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea (or whatever they want to drink), but I dearly love the way this think looks.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

IMG_5472.JPG

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

You probably agreed to an asking price that was too high before seeing it. If so, throw another offer that fits you better. The worst that can happen is they say no.

So you get there, see the car and walked away? I would be pissed if I were the seller

It was a dealership and they had a guy wire them the full asking price about two min after I passed. There were no worries at all. I had a business trip to Europe the next day and it felt too rushed, but the car was perfect. I am looking at purchasing another R8 and building it the same way. Unfortunately it will be more costly the way I am going and building my own. That car had $150,000.00 in modifications on it (mostly being carbon).

I don't understand. What made you "chicken out"?

Seems you were pretty deep in the process. After PPI and deposit, and you "dearly loved" the look.....what changed?

Interesting that you have remorse for passing on it. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for..... Good luck!

Mind sharing their asking price? In the end it's a first model year V8 R8 that without mods would be priced around 70k. Yes it has some cool carbon bits and the supercharger, but the bodykit is fiberglass and the paint, wheels, etc. would have made it a hard sell later.

Like you said, it isn't everyone's cup of tea and I think I belong to that minority group.

To me, everything on the car by themselves are fine-looking; not sure about the combined effect though. I haven't seen this term used here for quite a while and I dislike the term itself but on this car, "rice" comes to mind. The wing, the cheesy stickers and wheel choice etc... Perhaps it looks a lot better in real life but from the photos the CF side blade gets lost in the body colour and the wheels. To me, this car just tipped the scale on being overly done. I would use it as a reference and a tone down version of it would look great.

Not a fan of the colors but if you had bought it, I hope the sticker wording on the rear would have been the first thing to go. Hard to understand why someone would put that on...begging to be vandalized

Good pass. At the end of the day, its a first gen v8 R8 . . . not really all that valuable.