Sensonum audio system

Cmazza

Welcome to L/P.

Essentially, Lambo charges thousands for a more powerful amplifier (not by much in terms of output power gain, i.e. the amp) and adds a few cheap speakers plus Sensonum name tags on the speaker grills. You'll be the judge.

I've been saying this for a decade, any Lambo sound system is a waste of money. The cabin architecture simply cannot produce good sound even if DSP is involved; it's just physically impossible. At least in the Countach & Diablo era, they give you an Alpine head unit (though wasted really). The modern cars are just crap car stereo. Concentrate on the actual music from the V10/V12 instead.

Cmazza, the Sensonum Audio System is a market trick for consumers. In my opinion selling of attractive words regarding sound systems does not make any big sense for any Lamborghini.

I know many Adventador owners have the same impression, however, the acoustics in the Huracan are different. Since the Sensonum system was just recently offered in the Huracan, There are not many owners with it to get feedback. I found a total of two Huracan owners from other forums who ordered it and highly recommend it. I know that a sample of only two is not representative.

Had it on most of my cars, very rarely even have the radio on, except In traffic, no idea if it's worth but sounds fine,

but I have found for resale on a relatively new car I've found sometimes it's the difference of the car selling for good money or not as it's a bigger market as some people are obsessed with sound system. Pointless in sv as too rattely in cabin for music.

Seems a bit pointless but for some it's a must have, also for me exhaust would be money better spent.

Buying used for me I wouldn't pay more for a car with it if that helps

I know many Adventador owners have the same impression, however, the acoustics in the Huracan are different. Since the Sensonum system was just recently offered in the Huracan, There are not many owners with it to get feedback. I found a total of two Huracan owners from other forums who ordered it and highly recommend it. I know that a sample of only two is not representative.

Of course the acoustic is different; size of cabin, somewhat different materials and different architecture. If one wishes to be technical about it, it likely is worse than the Aventador and the Gallardo. Plastic air vent "pods" that stick out and the cavity behind the centre dash, more hard surface on the dash just to name an obvious few. They did move the tweeter from behind the inner door handle to the top of the door card near the A-pillar which is a good move but it's not going make a huge difference. The Sensonum option adds 4 more speakers to the regular 6. You may get a slightly "fuller" sound but that's about it. The engine noise will either neuralize and/or drown out the sound anyway. If one wants to be hardcore about it, think of the added weight for the 4 speakers, more wiring, more components for the crossover and the beefier amp. A Lamborghini is judged by the performance of the car, not by the performance of its stereo.

Curious how much this Sensonum system upgrade cost?

Upwards of $3k.

I ordered the Sensonum for my 2017 LP580 but just got confirmed last week by Lambo. Not sure why the hold up but my dealer had to wait for a confirmation letter. The cost in Canada is around $4500.

I did have a chance to listen to the Sensonum audio system in the Huracan during a trip to London a few weeks ago and I was very impressed especially compared to the stock system in the Huracan. I didn't hear any rattling and the sound filled the cabin as a opposed to the stock system which imo sounds worst than a sound system in a base model Toyota.

Of course the acoustic is different; size of cabin, somewhat different materials and different architecture. If one wishes to be technical about it, it likely is worse than the Aventador and the Gallardo. Plastic air vent "pods" that stick out and the cavity behind the centre dash, more hard surface on the dash just to name an obvious few. They did move the tweeter from behind the inner door handle to the top of the door card near the A-pillar which is a good move but it's not going make a huge difference. The Sensonum option adds 4 more speakers to the regular 6. You may get a slightly "fuller" sound but that's about it. The engine noise will either neutralize and/or drown out the sound anyway. If one wants to be hardcore about it, think of the added weight for the 4 speakers, more wiring, more components for the crossover and the beefier amp. A Lamborghini is judged by the performance of the car, not by the performance of its stereo.

Upwards of $3k.

You can do some stuff for $3-4k, but ideally knowing me I'd want to go at least $5-6k.

While we can debate SQ potential, there's also the philosophy of making a system relatively loud and "fun" to listen to (which is car audio in general compared to home, at its best). If someone sees their Lambo more as a GT than an all out sports/track car, then it's something to consider.

If someone is not at all into this stuff, just best to bow out and do nothing. I've come to grips these days that it's either stock or something well thought out....going halfway or shooting from the hip doesn't get good results usually.

I ordered the Sensonum for my 2017 LP580 but just got confirmed last week by Lambo. Not sure why the hold up but my dealer had to wait for a confirmation letter. The cost in Canada is around $4500.

I did have a chance to listen to the Sensonum audio system in the Huracan during a trip to London a few weeks ago and I was very impressed especially compared to the stock system in the Huracan. I didn't hear any rattling and the sound filled the cabin as a opposed to the stock system which imo sounds worst than a sound system in a base model Toyota.

The cost for the Sensonum option in the US is 3900.00. I went ahead and added it to my build. I am going with Grigio Lynx exterior and black and orange interior. I also went with the bicolor q.citura package as pictured. On the door , the armrest will be orange and door panel will be black with orange stitching.

image.jpeg

You can do some stuff for $3-4k, but ideally knowing me I'd want to go at least $5-6k.

While we can debate SQ potential, there's also the philosophy of making a system relatively loud and "fun" to listen to (which is car audio in general compared to home, at its best). If someone sees their Lambo more as a GT than an all out sports/track car, then it's something to consider.

If someone is not at all into this stuff, just best to bow out and do nothing. I've come to grips these days that it's either stock or something well thought out....going halfway or shooting from the hip doesn't get good results usually.

From one serious audiophile to another, I concur with everything you've said. Car stereo is all about "feel" rather than sound accuracy and tonal quality. The more the exaggeration the better, LOL! Although to make it sound "right/fun", it's going to add at least 20-30lbs to the car and it's far from being proper hi-fi.

I ordered it in my H Spyder and regardless, it will sound better than the stock system and yes, for that amount of money I could get a better sounding system but... I'd prefer to have a less sounding system for the same amount of a better sounding system without having some shop tear through panels etc. which more than likely would add rattles and other issues to the car.

Grigio with orange will look stunning, great combo Cmazza.

:iamwithstupid: G Lynx+ Arancio + gloss black wheel would be great looking. Congrats.

From one serious audiophile to another, I concur with everything you've said. Car stereo is all about "feel" rather than sound accuracy and tonal quality. The more the exaggeration the better, LOL! Although to make it sound "right/fun", it's going to add at least 20-30lbs to the car and it's far from being proper hi-fi.

Yes, all about the feel indeed!

I'm still searching for that midbass hump in a home system that most good car systems have.

Any home system.

It's not technically accurate but man is it enjoyable. :icon_mrgreen:

You really can't get it without major sacrifice to the overall balance of the sound, so it won't happen without a dedicated system.

That's why I'll probably always have both.

Yes, all about the feel indeed!

I'm still searching for that midbass hump in a home system that most good car systems have.

Any home system.

It's not technically accurate but man is it enjoyable. :icon_mrgreen:

You really can't get it without major sacrifice to the overall balance of the sound, so it won't happen without a dedicated system.

That's why I'll probably always have both.

Again, agreed with what you said. I don't think any front end components or any amplifiers worth their true hi-fi status would have the said hump otherwise they won't be considered "accurate". And, like you said, it would definitely muddle up the overall balance of the tonal quality. 3 possible "solutions" come to mind: 1) Put an EQ between the pre-amp and the amp; although that would likely do more harm than good as the EQ itself would introduce its own colouration and signal degradation. 2) The closest thing to an "ideal" EQ is the Cello Audio Palette but that is $$$ and one really needs the entire Cello amplification system ($$$$) to get the best out of it. 3) Active electronic crossover; but consider the additional wiring, the additional amps and the proper phasing involved; the cure might be worse than the harm. And that's before factoring in all the additional costs on the added hardware. So yeah, likely not happening and having both is more feasible.

• 1 month later...

I'm not normally a fan of grey /silver but that looks amazing. Arancio, Rosso, Verde would all look great as accent colors