One less gated 640....

Kevin M.

If you could find a cosmetically and structurally sound LP640 egear with a blown engine/transmission, you could end up with a nice manual LP640.

That was my orange one. My closest friend wrecked it on the freeway. I was sad when it happened but insurance paid more that what I had purchased it for so I'm content. Just glad it wasn't my red one.

If you could find a cosmetically and structurally sound LP640 egear with a blown engine/transmission, you could end up with a nice manual LP640.

I certainly hope this is the outcome. I really hate to see this...especially since I have yet to find mine...

Just goes to prove, that if you have the money to own one, doesn't necessary mean you have the skill to drive it. Seems like Lambos are getting wrecked left and right...

That was my orange one. My closest friend wrecked it on the freeway. I was sad when it happened but insurance paid more that what I had purchased it for so I'm content. Just glad it wasn't my red one.

Oh man Mondi I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully he wasn't hurt!

I certainly hope this is the outcome. I really hate to see this...especially since I have yet to find mine...

Just goes to prove, that if you have the money to own one, doesn't necessary mean you have the skill to drive it. Seems like Lambos are getting wrecked left and right...

Money doesn't by talent. However bad drivers aren't just exclusive to the Lamborghini marque.

Money doesn't by talent. However bad drivers aren't just exclusive to the Lamborghini marque.

And it doesnt BUY it either ;)

Looks like someone did some scavenging from your car before it was put up for sale. I am guessing you didn't have an all-black non-glass lid on the car before the crash, and probably didn't have a single black throttle body either. I hope you made the coin on those items and not some junkyard employee.

And I would want to kill my "best friend" for being careless with such a valuable car. Friends are more important than money, but this friend really doesn't care about you to let that happen. I would be extremely careful if I was driving someone's super car and I considered them a friend.

Looks like someone did some scavenging from your car before it was put up for sale. I am guessing you didn't have an all-black non-glass lid on the car before the crash, and probably didn't have a single black throttle body either. I hope you made the coin on those items and not some junkyard employee.

And I would want to kill my "best friend" for being careless with such a valuable car. Friends are more important than money, but this friend really doesn't care about you to let that happen. I would be extremely careful if I was driving someone's super car and I considered them a friend.

Very sad to see the car like this. I owned the car for just over 5 years prior to Mondi. It definitely had the glass engine bonnet from the factory. Personally, I've never let friends drive my Lambo's (I've owned 4) - unless they are owners themselves.

Dude seeing it at copart breaks my heart! Glad things worked out well with insurance.

Dude seeing it at copart breaks my heart! Glad things worked out well with insurance.

They may have paid top dollar now, but unlike regular cars, an LP640 manual is hard to find, and has good upside on value, so his friend could easily have cost him 6 figures in appreciation over the next few years.

Given the choice of how my best friend was going to disrespect me, I would have chosen him accidentally sleeping with my woman and then accidentally kicking me in the balls so hard that I was in the hospital for a week over him T-Boning my Murci.

Didn't someone here recently had a orange glass bonnet installed?

One close friend who is a good driver took my Lambo for a spin 90 mph into a corner. It was reckless and he nearly scraped my front bumper when I told him to stop.

This guy will never touch any of my cars. I also don't talk to him much.

If your friend is careless, he is putting his pleasure above his responsibility in cashing on your friendship.

I didn't pick any parts off the car, hadn't even noticed they were gone till it was mentioned here. I know what cars they ended up on as the shop that was storing my car had a Murci in for service that needed a throttle body.

As far as my friend, he owns a 800hp '14 Viper. He's used to driving fast cars so I wasn't expecting this as an outcome. But you live and learn, I won't let anyone drive my cars.

I didn't pick any parts off the car, hadn't even noticed they were gone till it was mentioned here. I know what cars they ended up on as the shop that was storing my car had a Murci in for service that needed a throttle body.

As far as my friend, he owns a 800hp '14 Viper. He's used to driving fast cars so I wasn't expecting this as an outcome. But you live and learn, I won't let anyone drive my cars.

At least in the end you have your red one and got a good payout on the wrecked one. Did you try to buy it back after the total? Could have made a good project car that you could have gotten stupid cheap.

Big difference in the weight distribution. You can't snap a mid/rear-engine car into tight corners like you can Detroit iron...or even a rice-burner for that matter.

I remember watching the video of the Calgary (?) Murci racing a Viper on a highway with other cars around, and spinning it out trying to make a quick lane change. Seeing other accident photos, I think the same thing has happened countless times.

Such a shame. I so hope at least the engine and tranny find their way into another car so at least there's not a net loss of 6-speeds...

At least in the end you have your red one and got a good payout on the wrecked one. Did you try to buy it back after the total? Could have made a good project car that you could have gotten stupid cheap.

They offered the buy back at 100K, I opted for the 306K payout instead. I had an offer of 350K for it so I did lose a little in the end but oh well can't win them all.

But you live and learn, I won't let anyone drive my cars.

I learned the lesson early in life. I lent my brother my 75 Mercury Marquis that was nothing to brag about, but at the time it represented the bulk of my net worth at that young age and he knew it meant a lot to me as I had put a ton of sweat equity into it.

Next thing I know the engine is blown and he said it happened while he was idling at a stop light. Had to just donate it to charity.

Hmmmm..... Never let anyone borrow my cars after that.