Huracan Superleggera camo pics

FikseSTS

At the moment, none. But thats going to be changing within the year :icon_thumleft: My main problem with his "analysis" is that the times he's comparing could be said to be a total of three different times. The gantry speed of 255kph for the 918 on the 7:00 lap, is 15kph FASTER than the actual run, which is about 5kph slower than the performante. Then he mentions that lambo hasn't won any form of motorsport for over 50 years, is just plain wrong. They actually won the asian blancpain series and some other races. I could get the links for you if you want to see for yourself. But if he had just simply used the actual lap and got times that he was able to SEE, and compare them to the actual Huracan lap, I'd have no problem with him pointing out the "discrepancies"; but he didn't.
please do not give this guy any credit... I spoke to my local Lamborghini dealership GM and he states Lamborghini does not have to fake lap times for any reason- not for publicity and not to sell cars! Lambo stands by the lap and video record. This is some guy who is looking for publicity...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the moment, none. But thats going to be changing within the year :icon_thumleft: My main problem with his "analysis" is that the times he's comparing could be said to be a total of three different times. The gantry speed of 255kph for the 918 on the 7:00 lap, is 15kph FASTER than the actual run, which is about 5kph slower than the performante. Then he mentions that lambo hasn't won any form of motorsport for over 50 years, is just plain wrong. They actually won the asian blancpain series and some other races. I could get the links for you if you want to see for yourself. But if he had just simply used the actual lap and got times that he was able to SEE, and compare them to the actual Huracan lap, I'd have no problem with him pointing out the "discrepancies"; but he didn't.

If it does actually change and you start experiencing these cars in real life vs video games and YouTube I promise your fascination with lap times and video analysis will drop. The experience is what matters. These cars are for enjoyment. Your ass won't notice the difference between a 7:15 lap and a 6:55 lap of the N'Ring.

please do not give this guy any credit... I spoke to my local Lamborghini dealership GM and he states Lamborghini does not have to fake lap times for any reason- not for publicity and not to sell cars! Lambo stands by the lap and video record. This is some guy who is looking for publicity...

I'm not going to dispute the lap time. But trusting a dealer is, well, let's just say basically have no clue. I've bought many cars off many dealers and in general I know more about the car or have better inside info than they do. Best thing is to talk to owners, like at this board, because in the real world they see how the cars really behave. I typically withhold judgment on a car until I drive it myself or have close friends who do. Lap times are marketing to me. They don't sway my opinion.

If it does actually change and you start experiencing these cars in real life vs video games and YouTube I promise your fascination with lap times and video analysis will drop. The experience is what matters. These cars are for enjoyment. Your ass won't notice the difference between a 7:15 lap and a 6:55 lap of the N'Ring.
Hey, you're over here too! Nice. But in regards to lap times, I doubt much would change for me. Im mostly fascinated with times because I would like to race and experience that speed, but if what I think is going to be happening during my career, then I won't have the time to race pro or am. Personal times would be best for me if i'm not doing anything major.

I dont know anything about DBK, so i can't comment on that, and since i'm currently bored because my big day was ruined, here's a video of a PROPER comparison.

And an analysis from LT

Watching the video one wil lsee that the 918 is always ahead of the P.

- 01:51 - take the tree on the left as a reference. The 918 is about 0.5s quicker.

- 02:14 - they are about head to head.

- 02:18 - little advantage for the P

- 02:23 - again head to head

- 02:39 - the reference is the wall on the left. The P is starting to gain is about 1s ahead

- 02:47 - check the Ykohoma sign at the right. The P is still 1s ahead.

- 03:10 - red part of the railguard right. 918 gained some time and P is about 0.7s ahead.

- 03:25 - fence on the left side. 918 gained again in the high speed section. P is still a little ahead, but less than 0.3s

- 03:38 - fence on the right. P is ahead about 0.3s

- 03:47 - in this turn the security fences have been renewed but you can see the emergency exit. Cams have different angles but at the entry of the turn the 918 seems to be in front the P. Porsche was quicker in this section.

So after more than half the track, both cars are head to head, 918 was quicker on the straights, P gained in fast turns. Now it's getting interesting !

- 03:58 - they enter the "Karusell" with about 0.5s advance for the P

- 04:03 - the P already left the Karusell while the 918 still sees a longer part of the section. The P gained more than 0.5s and again is 1s ahead with more speed out of the turn.

- 04:27 - Sign at the right, the P has gained another second and is 2 sec ahead.

- 04:54 - P is still 2s in front - both had the same section time

- 05:06 - P is now >2s ahead

- 05:14 - is is 2.5s in front

- 05:36 - fence at the right, ca 2.6s

- 05:48 - P reaches the long turn with the hard surface - 3s ahead

- 05:57 - sign a the right, 3.5s for the P

- 06:10 - Audi sign above the track. Another 0.5 for the P that is now 4s ahead.

- 06:32 - Bridge, 5s for the P !

The video ends little early but it shows that the P started to pull away after 03:48 on the track. Before that I have seen mor advantages for the 918. But then, especially in the sections with the hard track surface the 918 lost some time and therefore did not had the speed out of the turns like the P had. The new surface at Flugplatz may have allowed the P to brake later what gave another 0.5 sec. But all the other sections the P went ahead are the same since years. So this really counts to the AWD and great traction the Performante has with the new tires. I just wonder why the 918 did not reach the top end speed uphill and makes me thinking that the batteries were not delivering the power they did at the beginning of the track.

I'm not going to dispute the lap time. But trusting a dealer is, well, let's just say basically have no clue. I've bought many cars off many dealers and in general I know more about the car or have better inside info than they do. Best thing is to talk to owners, like at this board, because in the real world they see how the cars really behave. I typically withhold judgment on a car until I drive it myself or have close friends who do. Lap times are marketing to me. They don't sway my opinion.
Fair points but not all dealers are clueless... I know and have worked with true enthusiast GMs and dealership people who are incredibly knowledgeable and some even track or race! Reserving judgement till you have experienced a car is well and fine - that is what most of us do. But the purchasing decision is influenced by different things for different customers. I regularly track my sports cars including my Porsche 991 GT3. So performance metrics achieved by the Performante is a key purchasing criterion for me and perhaps others. But we can't experience the cars properly before purchase and hence the slight obsession over lap times by many on a single track that serves as a proxy / benchmark to compare different cars' track performance prior to purchase. Keen to see reviews by certain competent and unbiased motoring press too!

I dont know anything about DBK, so i can't comment on that, and since i'm currently bored because my big day was ruined, here's a video of a PROPER comparison.

Pretty sure he wasn't talking about me.

At the moment, none.

That's what I figured.

That actually is not a bad idea at all. :icon_mrgreen: Rosso Effesto with bronze wheel or centre lock wheels with red centre locks. Matte forged carbon, no styling packaging (i.e. No gloss black). Black Alcantara with Rosso 2 tone interior or just Rosso inverted stitching with Rosso seatbelts. Full matte FC interior. Classic combo with a twist from the FC and never go out of style. :icon_thumleft:

I completely agree, that's the car that I never got because the previous local Lambo dealer didn't want to order for me.

I am eagerly waiting for LamboCars's configurator. :eusa_dance:

End of discussion!

There is a huge difference between fantasy land and the real world.

Fair points but not all dealers are clueless... I know and have worked with true enthusiast GMs and dealership people who are incredibly knowledgeable and some even track or race! Reserving judgement till you have experienced a car is well and fine - that is what most of us do. But the purchasing decision is influenced by different things for different customers. I regularly track my sports cars including my Porsche 991 GT3. So performance metrics achieved by the Performante is a key purchasing criterion for me and perhaps others. But we can't experience the cars properly before purchase and hence the slight obsession over lap times by many on a single track that serves as a proxy / benchmark to compare different cars' track performance prior to purchase. Keen to see reviews by certain competent and unbiased motoring press too!

I was wrong to say all dealers, should have said some (maybe most lol). But to me, the Huracan P could have ran a 7:10 and I'd still think holy shit that is such a fast car.

I was wrong to say all dealers, should have said some (maybe most lol). But to me, the Huracan P could have ran a 7:10 and I'd still think holy shit that is such a fast car.
Agree 100%

That actually is not a bad idea at all. :icon_mrgreen: Rosso Effesto with bronze wheel or centre lock wheels with red centre locks. Matte forged carbon, no styling packaging (i.e. No gloss black). Black Alcantara with Rosso 2 tone interior or just Rosso inverted stitching with Rosso seatbelts. Full matte FC interior. Classic combo with a twist from the FC and never go out of style. :icon_thumleft:

sounds beautiful!

I think Lamborghini lawyers will prosecute someone very soon.

The Pirelli Trofeo R is the same tire Alfa Romeo 4C (and probably the Giulia QV) had during its 'Ring fast lap: those record or fast laps are (all) very well prepared for a long time with tires comparisons, the best driver available, a track race team, long and perfect car settings, blueprint assembly, tapes and so on. They are what they are: a race lap with a car for sale perfectly tuned with a race driver and the best tires available. None of those lap times was ever certified by anyone else than the one that did it: never, so nobody can say they are real and not fake. But nobody can say they are fake too.

The Pagani Zonda R even wasn't a street legal car, had a Mercedes CLK GTR race engine, race exhaust, race tires and so on: we all applauded that record without ever complaining about how they did it. The same we had to do with this amazing Huracan Performante, that is a road car for sale at more or less 250 k Euro and not millions.

I'm very disgusted with all this insinuations talking about the new Lamborghini street car Ring record.

ciao

Isn`t Trofeo R`s optional for a standard Huracan?

If past holds any meaning, Lambo should be sending Huracan Performante on the very same tires that they ran on the Ring to magazines. Most of the LP610-4 tests were conducted with Trofeo R tires.

Source: http://fastestlaps.com/models/lamborghini-huracan-lp-610-4

Sadly Aventador SV could have been on the Trofeo R aswell when it ran tests for magazines. On all of it`s tests it was on the P Zeros. Motor Trend stated that the Trofeo R would come to the SV this year. Though I don`t think we will see any re-tests of it, but who knows since they ran a retest for the Plastic mess-06.

Source:

I think there is zero percent chance that Lamborghini sues anyone over this....

Italian laws are very severe against "slander in the press": from six months to three years in jail.

Lamborghini has three months of time to start the prosecution action, from the moment they learned the fact: maybe you are right, but I wouldn't sleep quietly.

ciao

Italian laws are very severe against "slander in the press": from six months to three years in jail.

Lamborghini has three months of time to start the prosecution action, from the moment they learned the fact: maybe you are right, but I wouldn't sleep quietly.

ciao

I think they'd have a hell of a time proving that someone on youtube or in an internet forum was slandering them because they put out a video claiming a certain time. Also consider that 99% of people who are going to dispute the lap aren't living in Italy and aren't subject to Italian law in any way. So.....I'll stand by my initial claim. Plus it would make Lambo look like the most petty car company in the world AND I'm sure would have to be approved by VAG and we all know they'd want to avoid more bad PR as the parent company.

I think Lamborghini lawyers will prosecute someone very soon.

The Pirelli Trofeo R is the same tire Alfa Romeo 4C (and probably the Giulia QV) had during its 'Ring fast lap: those record or fast laps are (all) very well prepared for a long time with tires comparisons, the best driver available, a track race team, long and perfect car settings, blueprint assembly, tapes and so on. They are what they are: a race lap with a car for sale perfectly tuned with a race driver and the best tires available. None of those lap times was ever certified by anyone else than the one that did it: never, so nobody can say they are real and not fake. But nobody can say they are fake too.

The Pagani Zonda R even wasn't a street legal car, had a Mercedes CLK GTR race engine, race exhaust, race tires and so on: we all applauded that record without ever complaining about how they did it. The same we had to do with this amazing Huracan Performante, that is a road car for sale at more or less 250 k Euro and not millions.

I'm very disgusted with all this insinuations talking about the new Lamborghini street car Ring record.

ciao

:icon_thumleft:

ciao

True, let's move on to some positives!

Who else is spec'g their Perfomante.....color?

True, let's move on to some positives!

Who else is spec'g their Perfomante.....color?

I have a friend here that still has to choose color, options and so on: I would tell him to go for the classic Verde Ithaca. Or Colorado Copper (rame Colorado), or the ultra classic Arancio Miura: I think last two are ad personam custom color, correct?

Does anyone here saw the Verde Singh at some preview? It's another "scandal" color that I like on such a car

Thank you very much

ciao