Huracan Superleggera camo pics

FikseSTS

Autocar interview with Marco Mapelli. Interesting info about A SV tires giving out towards the end of the lap, makes me wonder what other cars struggle with thier rubber like that on hot lap and same might be true for brakes as well as engine heat soak etc ect.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/new-cars/...performante-lap

Very interesting....Marco really hits some track pearls: power to weight is one of the keys. The Perf is lighter than the 918 and Av SV by about 500 lbs. We use to say that 10 lb weight loss = 1 hp on track (of course depends on if it is rotational mass or unsprung weight, center of axis, etc). 500 lb weight savings is huge and effects all areas of the track - acceleration, braking and handling, whereas HP really effects mainly acceleration. How often are you full throttle on track?

I'd rather have a lighter car any day vs HP. That's why the lightweight 200 HP Elise's would beat the 600 HP Corvettes on technical tracks. Lighter with less HP, allows more opportunity to be full throttle through corners, and more momentum.

Bravo Marco!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then the gloss would def. look better with gloss FC.

I am not reading much about the Trofeo R. They have a whole page on the Corsa and basically nothing on the Trofeo R. Looks like the Corsa will be the standard tire?

The Trofeo R is available, actually it will be a special tyre designed specifically for the car, that's what we were told at the unveil.

"Lamborghini has broken the record for production cars on the Nurburgring circuit fitted with Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tyres, specially developed by Pirelli engineers."

Not exactly sure what the difference is but we were told that they were specially developed by Pirelli for the H P, either way I think they will be more than adequate for my cafe cruising :lol2:

I'm thinking of going for either:

Giallo Maggio w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Grigio Anteras w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Rosso Effesto w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Blu Siderous w/Black Centre-locks and yellow callipers.

All very different but can't make my mind up. That green colour on the launch images looks amazing too, looks like a darker more subdued green. New colour maybe?

Eagerly awaiting the LamboCars configurator!

I'm thinking of going for either:

Giallo Maggio w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Grigio Anteras w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Rosso Effesto w/Black Centre-locks and black callipers

Blu Siderous w/Black Centre-locks and yellow callipers.

All very different but can't make my mind up. That green colour on the launch images looks amazing too, looks like a darker more subdued green. New colour maybe?

Eagerly awaiting the LamboCars configurator!

I don't think Giallo Maggio will be available on this car!

Very interesting....Marco really hits some track pearls: power to weight is one of the keys. The Perf is lighter than the 918 and Av SV by about 500 lbs. We use to say that 10 lb weight loss = 1 hp on track (of course depends on if it is rotational mass or unsprung weight, center of axis, etc). 500 lb weight savings is huge and effects all areas of the track - acceleration, braking and handling, whereas HP really effects mainly acceleration. How often are you full throttle on track?

Actually, should be about 300 pounds lighter than a 918 but 600 pounds lighter than an SV. The SV weighs nearly 3,900 pounds. There is more to it than just weight or the SV wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the 918's time weighing 250 pounds more and being down 150 hp. Has to be aero, downforce, suspension set up, etc. leading to these lambos demolishing the 'Ring. Would be interesting to get a 918 back at the 'Ring though after all of the updates improving the battery management system so it wouldn't die out towards the end of the lap. Porsche would view that as a total waste of time though I am sure.

Working on the graphics for the Virtual Car Configurator ... so I put together the shades I've found in this thread:

Giallo Tenerife (as I also think Giallo Maggio will not be possible)

giallo_tenerife.jpg

Grigio Antares

grigio_antares.jpg

Blu Sideris on yellow calipers

blu_sideris.jpg

Giallo Inti (still a classic)

giallo_inti.jpg

Rosso Mars sure looks good too

rosso_mars.jpg

Verde Mantis on bronze Narvi wheels

verde_mantis.jpg

Very special Viola SE30th shade

viola_se30th.jpg

My personal favorite ... Bianco Canopus on black Narvi wheels

bianco_canopus_2.jpg

Any other special requests ... just ask ...

When I was playing around with the Lambo configurator I figured out that Viola Ophelia+ Those bronze wheels worked very, very well together.

I would request this combo of Lambocars:

122kjdx.jpg

Grigio Telesto+Black Narvi Wheels with Orange callipers

Also the official Lambo config shows really clearly what the Style package does for those who wonder.

Working on the graphics for the Virtual Car Configurator ... so I put together the shades I've found in this thread:

Any other special requests ... just ask ...

telesto with red accents and center locks

Cepheus with red accents and center locks

mantis with green accents and black narvi's

if you don't mind :)

I am staring at the official options list that I finally got today and this 50 page "confidential" product info. presentation. There is not an option for any different tires in the options list and the only tire really talked about in the presentation is the Corsa.

Has anybody, officially, been able to order the Trofeo R? Now that the official options list is out.

For what portion of the lap is the 918's electric motor assist work? Doesn't it run out of battery storage power before the lap is over?

You can see in the video. The gauge is the white band that goes around the gauge on the right. It's about dead and the driver switches modes about three quarters of the way through the lap. Dead at the end. Pic below is beginning vs. end.

post-145816-1488940353_thumb.png

Any good pics of the performante interior with laser engraving package?

centerloc Loge rims are $2k cheaper than bronze Narvi. But it looks as though a gloss black is only wheel color choice for Loge. The Narvi comes with titanium bolts to further reduce weight.

Lambo telemetry system looks to be optional and not standard, I guess I just assumed it would be standard. And I think to get the telemetry system you also have to get the navi/carplay option

the only ad persona colors as of right now that it is listing as optional for the HP are matt colors giallo horus, grigio titans, marrone apus, bianco canopus, and nero nemesis. It does not list any of the ad personam metallic colors as options for the HP yet but maybe that will change??soon?

I am staring at the official options list that I finally got today and this 50 page "confidential" product info. presentation. There is not an option for any different tires in the options list and the only tire really talked about in the presentation is the Corsa.

Has anybody, officially, been able to order the Trofeo R? Now that the official options list is out.

Hmm I haven't received the official options list from my dealer....I've already spec'd my car but would love to cross check the options list so that I didn't miss anything.

Ad Personam added a plethora of new colours, exterior patterns, fabric and embroidery patterns for the H. Some are very tastefully done; others, IMO, not so much but basically, the sky is the limit.

Plastique999 l, great choice on Verde Themis. The car will wear it well.