Fluid Leak . How Can I identify the Fluid ?

CashMe

Hi Guys !

I am aware there is standard fluid color chart for typical vehicles, but is there one for Lamborghini's ?

I am leaking a very light blue /almost clear oily fluid.

It Appears it Came from The rear half of the car somewhere.

Any Ideas ?

It is Confirmed my rack and pinion has a slow leak BUT I seen the quarter sized spot near the rear half of the car.

Could be coolant, and it could be the dreaded hose at the front of the engine that is known to fail and leave you stranded. Better have it checked out asap. To find coolant leaks the best way is to pressurize the cooling system with a special tool kit. Any leaks become very easy to find.

when you say "coolant" are you meaning the AC, or the radiator ?

Stranded with no heat, is alot different than being just stranded LMAO :)

Let's say it is coolant, is there an overflow valve or anything ?

Reason I ask is because I had it serviced a month ago, and fluids were checked and properly filled as needed.

No leaks were found than.....other than a rack and pinion "leak" (I suspect the bushing is just saturated though since I never see anything on my garage floor)

I love this car.......and hate it at the same time HAHA

when you say "coolant" are you meaning the AC, or the radiator ?

Stranded with no heat, is alot different than being just stranded LMAO :)

Let's say it is coolant, is there an overflow valve or anything ?

Reason I ask is because I had it serviced a month ago, and fluids were checked and properly filled as needed.

No leaks were found than.....other than a rack and pinion "leak" (I suspect the bushing is just saturated though since I never see anything on my garage floor)

I love this car.......and hate it at the same time HAHA

He is talking about engine cooling fluid, sure Stimpy will elaborate but a small hose at the front of the engine in a very difficult place to reach has been known to burst/leak leaving you stranded.

Yes, coolant = engine coolant. A/C uses refrigerant.

It could be a lot of things based on the limited info you have so far. And just because you car was ok a month ago, doesn't mean something didn't break since you had it check. There's no rule that mechanical and electrical aren't allowed to break for X amount of time after being checked.

You just don't want it to be that hose about to go. Losing all your engine coolant on the road may not only cost you a tow, but also an engine if you don't catch it in time before it overheats.

Going by color only to determine the type of fluid is not a good method because different manufacturers can use different colors for the same fluid.

Pressure check the coolant system per Stimpy's advice. Also, go underneath the car and trace upward where your puddle came from.

Going by color only to determine the type of fluid is not a good method because different manufacturers can use different colors for the same fluid.

Pressure check the coolant system per Stimpy's advice. Also, go underneath the car and trace upward where your puddle came from.

Thanks guys, will do.

I will update as soon as I can get underneath it.

As of now the fluid has not returned and my car sets for days at a time sometimes.

I will actually take it to the shop to get at minimum the pressure checked.