Reports 8 cops shot, 3 cops dead in Baton Rouge

kinnsella

I once was opposed to LEO having military surplus equipment, but this shit is getting ridiculous. And they'll push the narrative of cops being racist, and oppressive. Sure there are a few bad apples, but it doesn't justify open murder, ambushes, etc. So damn frustrating.

I know lots of cops and they are some of the best people around. I stand with the blue and am always very sad to see this sort of thing. We shouldn't allow people to exponentially increase the danger of their already dangerous job.

I once was opposed to LEO having military surplus equipment, but this shit is getting ridiculous. And they'll push the narrative of cops being racist, and oppressive. Sure there are a few bad apples, but it doesn't justify open murder, ambushes, etc. So damn frustrating.

:iamwithstupid:

RIP. So damn sad. If this ends up having the same BLM motivation as the Dallas police murderer, this will only throw gas on the fire of police/black relations.

Acts like this will only lead to more "bad police" because the good upstanding police are either going to walk away from the career and or no good people will want to enter law enforcement leaving lots of openings to be filled by the kind of people you don't want with a badge and a gun.

I mentioned in the Dallas police shooting thread, I was surprised an attack on police hadn't happened sooner, with this awful escalation today, I think unfortunately it is just a matter of time before some deranged white supremacist unloads on a crowd of BLM protestors.

This is horrible. What are people trying to accomplish? Are they trying to become a martyr?

I'm sorry to say this, but the issue isn't even a issue at all. Statistically, it rarely, if ever happens-- not a rampant problem. There are more same race vs same race murders than police vs opposite race.

Just causes more hate, tension, and separation. Not even solving any issue. Very sad.

I mentioned in the Dallas police shooting thread, I was surprised an attack on police hadn't happened sooner, with this awful escalation today, I think unfortunately it is just a matter of time before some deranged white supremacist unloads on a crowd of BLM protestors.

image.jpeg

As I said earlier...people are f*cking idiots. They want there to be a race war when the reality is far from that. F*ck BLM. They are ignorant racists that are causing way more harm than good.

One of the victims it seems...

xTuag9E.jpg

Black Lives Matter.....

Then this moron shoots a African American Police officer....

The recent shootings by police have little or nothing to do with racism in my opinion. It has everything to do with fear of the unknown when dealing with non compliant people. I'm sure stereotyping doesn't help, but racism.....I say no.

This reverend was a BLM supporter by the way and he seems to have had a change of heart: