Killed my 04 Gated, Help me buy an LP640

cuhuba

So I wrecked my '04 gated and I have been in full clinical depression for the past 16 days. Nobody hurt, only front of the car ruined, but insurance called it a total loss.

Now I am faced with the reality that a decent mileage gated LP640 will be nearly impossible. I guess I will need to learn how to love the egear.

I have looked at the aventador, but I am a little thrown off by how busy the interior is, although the outside is amazing. It's also alot more money and will likely depreciate alot more over the next couple of years.

Couple of LP640 questions:

Is there a big difference between the 07 and 08? I am looking at one in dallas and one in chicago.

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/vehicle-de...-il-id-13153845

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/used/Lamb...11ceffbe6bc.htm

The chicago car is an 07 with 11K miles, the dallas is an 08 with 8K miles.

Both have similar clutch left (the 07 has a newer clutch).

Both have carbon package and Q cintura interior which are 2 requirements for me.

Both are black (I like black and grey cars always)

The chicago car is a little cheaper (not a huge deal, but a plus), but it does have the Carbon ceramic brakes.

I want to know if the 08 e-gear is improved over the 07 and/or if the 07's brake package makes the car that much better than the '08.

Lastly, if anybody out there has a decent mileage gated LP640 I am all ears! My guess is no.

Thank you all for your input

So I wrecked my '04 gated and I have been in full clinical depression for the past 16 days. Nobody hurt, only front of the car ruined, but insurance called it a total loss.

Now I am faced with the reality that a decent mileage gated LP640 will be nearly impossible. I guess I will need to learn how to love the egear.

I have looked at the aventador, but I am a little thrown off by how busy the interior is, although the outside is amazing. It's also alot more money and will likely depreciate alot more over the next couple of years.

Couple of LP640 questions:

Is there a big difference between the 07 and 08? I am looking at one in dallas and one in chicago.

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/vehicle-de...-il-id-13153845

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/used/Lamb...11ceffbe6bc.htm

The chicago car is an 07 with 11K miles, the dallas is an 08 with 8K miles.

Both have similar clutch left (the 07 has a newer clutch).

Both have carbon package and Q cintura interior which are 2 requirements for me.

Both are black (I like black and grey cars always)

The chicago car is a little cheaper (not a huge deal, but a plus), but it does have the Carbon ceramic brakes.

I want to know if the 08 e-gear is improved over the 07 and/or if the 07's brake package makes the car that much better than the '08.

Lastly, if anybody out there has a decent mileage gated LP640 I am all ears! My guess is no.

Thank you all for your input

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad everyone was okay. I'll just chime in on a couple of things with my opinion:

1) If buying an LP640, go for one with Carbon Ceramics. Braking is by far the most pleasurable part of the LP640 with CCBs.

2) You're not going to find a manual LP640 unless you're willing to pay 50-100% more.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad everyone was okay. I'll just chime in on a couple of things with my opinion:

1) If buying an LP640, go for one with Carbon Ceramics. Braking is by far the most pleasurable part of the LP640 with CCBs.

2) You're not going to find a manual LP640 unless you're willing to pay 50-100% more.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply

I hear you on the manual premium, I wouldn't mind paying the extra money if its the right car. The real issue is just being able to find one.

Question about the carbon ceramics: Do they wear any differently than the regular brakes? I assume any LP640 brakes will be an improvement over my '04 that would require a little bit of love to get her stopped sometimes

Anyone replacing the CCB is crazy. It will never be needed on a murcielago. Given I'm assuming every murcie owner will not track the car enough to destroy the CCB.

Buy the one with CCB between 07 and 08 with the color options you like. No major differences until 09 in the lp640.

If you're serious about buying a gated 640 post how much you're willing to spend. I know of two that will sell with $400K+ offers

Did you see this 07 gated 640?

Even has ceramics..some miles but looks clean

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/19C96F36

I have been heavily involved in conversation with that dealer. Carfax is clean, service is up to date, tires are correct size for AWD, etc. I love that car and its the only one I know of being advertised. My only concern is the miles. If it was a one or two owner car I would not worry, but it has 5 owners and I am concerned about what kind of love it has received during it's life.

I STILL am very much interested in that car but I would hate to spend the money only to have to fix a major problem within the next 10k miles.

I wish I had more >50k mile murcies out there as a reference of longevity. What do you guys think?

Def do your homework about the Chicago dealer.

I inquired about a car there I found out on Carfax it was used as a rental.

I'm already leaning more towards the Dallas car anyways because of the interior. Thanks for the heads up

If you're serious about buying a gated 640 post how much you're willing to spend. I know of two that will sell with $400K+ offers

$400K is pretty up there, but I guess its all about supply and demand. I was under the impression the gated cars would bring around 80 to 100K above e gears which would put me in the 260 to 300 range which is manageable. I suspect I'm in for a rude awakening

Seems like a small thing but check the buttons and switches as they will tend to go sticky around this age and I hate it.

cuhuba, you will love the steel brake on the LP640 from Dallas. The front brake caliper is HUGE and its stopping power is very impressive. It is night and day different when compare to the standard old Murci's brakes. With that said I still would love to have the Carbon Ceramic Brakes for the no brake dust purpose, cleaning brake dust off of wheels after each drive getting old real quick.

I heard the 08+ has a few minor changes to throttle bodies or something? Sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad you're okay.

The larger steel brakes are a huge improvement over the early Murcie brakes but the ceramics take it to another level. Plus ceramics have the advantage of no dust.

IMO, the LP640 steels are more than enough brakes but when selling, most potential buyers would rather have carbon.

$400K is pretty up there, but I guess its all about supply and demand. I was under the impression the gated cars would bring around 80 to 100K above e gears which would put me in the 260 to 300 range which is manageable. I suspect I'm in for a rude awakening

That was true a year ago

I'm already leaning more towards the Dallas car anyways because of the interior. Thanks for the heads up

Those guys at Lambo of Dalllas are awesome to work with.

I heard the 08+ has a few minor changes to throttle bodies or something? Sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad you're okay.

This happened in 2009 and 2010 they switched to only the Bosch throttle bodies from the troublesome magnetti marelli throttle bodies and new ones are faster.

Still possible to get a reasonably priced gated 6 speed 640. Converted that'd be about $200k USD, looks like an amazing deal for a low km 6 speed. Def won't be another one like this for a while...

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Mu...mp;orup=7_15_17

I saw that a coupel days ago, sharp looking car. Only concern is the 4 to 5 month mission to get it from Canada and that it's yellow which I really don't like. I know beggars shouldn't be choosers...

In all honesty, I think I'm just going to go with the egear dallas car. It's got all the bells and whistles that I want minus the holy grail shifter. I will learn to love it.

**EDIT

THE CANADIAN CAR IS SOLD AS OF MONDAY! THE POOR SALESMAN ADMITTED HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS WORTH SO MUCH AND HE HAD 10 GUYS CALLING HIM THIS WEEK OFFERING A LOT MORE $$$. HE SOLD IT TO AN EXISTING COSTUMER OF THEIRS WHO WAS IN TO SERVICE HIS MURCI. WHAT A GREAT CATCH FOR THAT GUY. CAR IS STAYING IN CANADA FOR NOW

THE CANADIAN CAR IS SOLD AS OF MONDAY! THE POOR SALESMAN ADMITTED HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS WORTH SO MUCH AND HE HAD 10 GUYS CALLING HIM THIS WEEK OFFERING A LOT MORE $$$. HE SOLD IT TO AN EXISTING COSTUMER OF THEIRS WHO WAS IN TO SERVICE HIS MURCI. WHAT A GREAT CATCH FOR THAT GUY. CAR IS STAYING IN CANADA FOR NOW

Yes, I just spoke to them as well. Amazing. They had no idea how rare it was so they priced it equal to an 08 E-Gear car they had. They told me that the successful buyer has turned down a massive profit already. Good for them for not going back on their deal after having agreed on it. Bad day at the office when you leave $150k on the table though. At 6754 KM I think this is the lowest mile 640 Coupe in North America.

267a47b2-b237-4497-ae79-e8dccc3db74f.jpg

Step into a 09, well worth the extra money. Doesn't get any better than this http://www.catsexotics.com/vehicle-details...-wa-id-12479019

Yeah I am real surprised the greenie is still sitting there at Cats unsold. Maybe green isn't everyone's cup of tea, but to me that color seems to fit the Murci real well and also you don't see too many around especially in coupe. To me personally a manual is more of a collectors item due to the rarity over e-gear, and for me the e-gear is a pleasure to drive now that I got used to it. But I suppose e-gear issues and expenses may be more as well from what I hear. I am not knocking the manual vs e-gear, but just saying that for me I have always been an old school manual shift guy due to having my stick Panteras for years, but the e-gear grew on me real quick after driving it a bit. So, could be that you may actually prefer it after you get used to it (at least that has been my experience if I had a choice between the two...well maybe till I get some big e-gear issue & repair bill).

I know the guys at Lambo Dallas really well. It's a good shop. I have a 2008 LP640. Honestly, I love that car. I was in a similar position than you when I looked for a car. Didn't know exactly what year, egear or manual etc. The manuals are demanding so much more $, which to be honest is totally not worth it to me. I love the e gear system. I love the rev-matching, and I love the way the car drives, shifts, and handles. I have had my car for 1 year now, and I have not a single bad thing to report. It's an 08, and absolutely amazing, and hands down the craziest car I have ever owned, and prob will for a while. Price/value wise I'd go with a Murci and day over an Aventador. Everything that makes the Murci a raw over the top car has been tamed down on the Aventador. Plus they'll depreciate another 100-200k, while the Murci will probably stay where it's at or go up in Price.