new Ford GT coming! :)

FikseSTS

neither did I. I owned 2 orig gt-40's 5 orig 427 cobras, a boss 302 purchased new

and I used gt-40 #1009 as a daily driver for a year. oh well.

It's all about the social media following...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neither did I. I owned 2 orig gt-40's 5 orig 427 cobras, a boss 302 purchased new

and I used gt-40 #1009 as a daily driver for a year. oh well.

Wow, now that's impressive. Too bad you don't still have one. I too was rejected...not even wait listed. I know of several who did not have any social media presence and didn't do videos. Oh well, like I tell my kids...."life's not fair."

Congrats to all who got one!!!

I signed up to apply but never got any additional emails. Judging by the quality of the members that got turned down, I don't feel so bad now!

With no offense to Fikse, pretty pathetic that the standard to get an FGT is how good your social media video is.

Next hypercar Ferrari should go to the potential prospects with the most Twitter followers. :icon_rolleyes:

Crazy what happened to G-Force, totally unacceptable.

With no offense to Fikse, pretty pathetic that the standard to get an FGT is how good your social media video is.

Next hypercar Ferrari should go to the potential prospects with the most Twitter followers. :icon_rolleyes:

I'd love to know the reasoning behind turning Wayne down. That defies logic.

None taken at all...

There were people that didn't do a video that got a car. Looks like there was a big preference to current owners who have had the car for a while and participated in FGT events, social media obviously had an impact as well. There are people who currently own multiple FGTs that didn't get a car.

None taken at all...

There were people that didn't do a video that got a car. Looks like there was a big preference to current owners who have had the car for a while and participated in FGT events, social media obviously had an impact as well. There are people who currently own multiple FGTs that didn't get a car.

Yes the FGT forum rally attendees were highly favored as well as original owners. A large group sent their cars to LeMans and I think probably all of them got a car. But they deserved one for their dedication to the brand.

Yes the FGT forum rally attendees were highly favored as well as original owners. A large group sent their cars to LeMans and I think probably all of them got a car. But they deserved one for their dedication to the brand.

got to say the bolded part is awesome in and of itself!

Pretty surprising to see some of the people who got an allocation and some of the people who didn't.

Clearly there are a few people here that deserve the car more than others that got one. g-force not getting one is suprising after the list of cars he said he's owned.

I remember abolfaz ordered a Ford GT when they were still new.

And then there's this jackhole that plays minecraft on youtube that got one.

https://twitter.com/CaptainSparklez?ref_src...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I'm not hating on youtubers, i think its great that people can make a good living off of making videos for people. But 10 million followers on a youtube channel that is about playing minecraft does not equal big exposure for the car.

He has a mclaren 650lt right now and there's no much content on his social media about it.

then there's this story from solomondrin on youtube about his friend who's races Ford GTs and currently owns 3 of them that didn't get a slot.

So much for being good to your loyal customers.

I completely forgot to congratulate FikseSTS.

That's a hell of a car. looking forward to watching the order process unfold.

Ferrari's gotta go ;)

Pretty surprising to see some of the people who got an allocation and some of the people who didn't.

Clearly there are a few people here that deserve the car more than others that got one. g-force not getting one is suprising after the list of cars he said he's owned.

I remember abolfaz ordered a Ford GT when they were still new.

And then there's this jackhole that plays minecraft on youtube that got one.

https://twitter.com/CaptainSparklez?ref_src...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I'm not hating on youtubers, i think its great that people can make a good living off of making videos for people. But 10 million followers on a youtube channel that is about playing minecraft does not equal big exposure for the car.

He has a mclaren 650lt right now and there's no much content on his social media about it.

then there's this story from solomondrin on youtube about his friend who's races Ford GTs and currently owns 3 of them that didn't get a slot.

So much for being good to your loyal customers.

There's 500? cars there were how many applications? A lot of people were going to be disappointed. It happens.

glad Fiske got it out of everyone. He is literally responsible for giving the internet real world car performance numbers and videos. He has entertained us for years!! that ford GT wont sit in the garage and have a dust cover on it. At least us fans ,will see him give us real street results vs. other cars.

congrats!

glad Fiske got it out of everyone. He is literally responsible for giving the internet real world car performance numbers and videos. He has entertained us for years!! that ford GT wont sit in the garage and have a dust cover on it. At least us fans ,will see him give us real street results vs. other cars.

congrats!

Yeah, I agree.....Fikse in the '80s would have put to bed a lot of rumors surrounding exotics in those days. :)

To re-iterate, I'm definitely happy for him....but annoyed that a super loyal owner like g-force got dropped off. There should have been room for both.

thanks! now on to the color combo to choose.... and which car has to go.... :(

congrats!

Congrats on being selected, can't wait to see your review once you get your GT.

Deciding which car goes is easy, dump the slowest one. I think it is kind of fitting that the GT replace the Ferrari, after all that is why Ford went to LeMan with the GT40, beat Ferrari.

Color is not so easy although every color seen in photos the GT has looked great. If it was my money I love the Liquid Blue the car was originally unveiled in. If I was going against the norm I would get Matte Black with Blue stripes. Normally not a racing stripe fan, but the GT just looks right with racing stripes.

1st world problems :icon_mrgreen: Congrats buddy!

yea, but two red/white Ford GTs? need to mix it up..... maybe PTS will be an option...

Ferrari goes and isn't red your color?!

yea, but two red/white Ford GTs? need to mix it up..... maybe PTS will be an option...

PTS would be the way to go! powder blue with stripes would be sick!

Two of the same is way cooler. Imho

acid green, verde singh?

PTS would be the way to go! powder blue with stripes would be sick!