new Ford GT coming! :)

FikseSTS

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a gulf version yet, but they do have a 66 Heritage...

Ford-GT_66_Heritage_Edition-2017-ig.jpg

I don't know much if anything about Ford but how about some heritage colors?

Has anyone ever seen or even thought about inverted Gulf colors?

I mean orange car with baby blue stripes and race number decals.

It propably does not work, but it would be cool to render or photoshop nonetheless.

But in best case it would look super killer. And it would have that same emotional connection without looking like all those other Gulf colored will look.

I don't know much if anything about Ford but how about some heritage colors?

It's just a computer rendering but you get the idea

post-60315-1470185780.jpeg

that looks great....

It's just a computer rendering but you get the idea

acid green.... porsche color, similar to verde singh?

The ugliest color will still be a NFGT!!! I'll take someones butt ugly color in a few years when a few make it on the secondary market. Also, get what color you want, don't get something because it might be "worth" more. I like how they did the color scheme for the first LeMans winner from 66 but still too bland for such an outrageous car. I like the old Heritage just because it looks the best to me, but not because its worth 100K more now than the other cars. I"m a modified Red and I think the Red looks better with black stripe instead of white.

tw_800.jpg

Screenshot_20160729_214122.jpg

This was posted by DBK on SVT forum: I'm gonna explain this to you in detail right now. This is not conjecture, this is a fact. And before anyone asks, I do not, nor have I ever, worked in any capacity for Ford.

Ford is not a boutique car maker. They are a full line manufacturer that produces products all the way from a $14k Fiesta to a loaded $75k Super Duty ranch truck. They sold 2.6 million cars last year around the world for $140 billion worth of revenue.

What is the point of this information?

Ford does not have one singular constituent group they have to satisfy with this car. They have 3,000+ dealers in the U.S alone. They have suppliers that produce parts for vehicles like the F-series pickup that get produced in volumes measured in the hundreds of thousands. They have motorsport partners that participate with them in racing endeavors across the globe. They have fleet customers that buy vehicles not just by the hundreds or thousands, but in the tens or hundreds of thousands. I put in a little bit of help with Ford putting on the GT owner hospitality at Le Mans, and one of the attendees' companies had purchased a six-figure volume of cars from Ford. It was not a six-figure dollar amount of cars, it was over 100,000 vehicles. They also indicated they would consider a number of "influencers" with large followings that get lots of media exposure. It was clear from the application that all these groups would be considered.

Despite these various constituencies, far and away the largest group of allocations ultimately went to existing GT owners. And when I say this, that doesn't even include GT owners who were allocated a car based on qualifying out of the other categories. The amount of allocations granted to existing GT owners was multiple times higher than the next biggest group. That is not conjecture. That is a fact told to me directly.

With that information in mind, I've counted over 70 Ford GT owners so far who have willingly admitted they were granted a Ford GT on my website, Ford GT Forum. Out of those 70+, I've also counted at least 40 I know who were original owners that have had their car for 10-12 years. You can do the math on what that means for an allocation pool of 500. I've seen a bunch of silly bullshit from uninformed internet clowns claiming Ford just gave cars to celebrities or YouTubers, but I'm not fabricating these people. I know a ton of them personally from 11 years of being deep into Ford GT. Ford told everyone GT owners were going to get priority. They got it. That doesn't mean everyone with a GT was getting an initial 500 allocation. If that was your impression, you aren't great at math.

Shmee in particular getting a car seems to be drawing a lot of attention. Let me start by saying if you think Ford gave Shmee a Focus RS, you don't know shit about Ford Motor Company. You'd be wiser trying to turn water into wine than trying to get a free car out of Ford. I digress. I'm not going to trash the guy. I don't watch his videos, but I met him briefly at Le Mans and he seemed like a decent dude, and I wish I was rolling as hard as he apparently is from getting people to watch his car videos on the net. I can't blame Ford for selling him the car. At all. There are a very small amount of people with that amount of reach, and no matter what else you think of the guy, he shares his cars with the public. I'm too old to be the Shmee target market, but Ford has made no bones about it: they view performance vehicles as a driver in the market for the future with young people, and this is a manifestation of that philosophy.

Additionally, nobody in the US is competing with Shmee for an allocation. He's competing with a small number of UK buyers that applied for a mega dollar LHD car. My initial information says that about 24 cars are going to the UK. Ford sold 101 Ford GTs in Europe in 05/06 and they sent 27 of them to the UK. That's not a big spread of people Shmee was burning an allocation from. He's certainly not screwing anyone in the U.S out of a car, and honestly, he's not screwing anyone at all.

Back to the overall allocation plan. There were 6,506 applicants. At this time, Ford granted 500 initial allocations. If you consider that Ford GT owners were given priority, you need to factor in that they built 4,038 cars in 2005 and 2006. From my own experience with a large number of multiple-GT owners and a small number of truly wiped out cars, I'd estimate maybe 2500 owners of the car. It would appear the vast majority of them applied for the new GT. I was never a math genius, but I recognize the long odds. It was inevitable that some bad ass people, and some serious Ford enthusiasts, were going to be unable to get one of the initial 500 allocations.

I'll also leave you with this. Ford has publicly committed to racing the GT for 4 years. That requires a nine-figure racing budget. You tell me if you think they are going to race the car for 4 years but build it for 2. It absolutely BLOWS MY MIND that people would know this information, see how favorably Ford GT owners were treated in the initial process despite the huge number of people from a diverse array of constituencies they had to satisfy, and then trash the **** out of the company for not granting them one immediately. To me that says getting the car was less about getting the car because you want it, and more about getting one because you want a trophy to say "I'm better than everyone else." I am sincerely disappointed for many people, including many GT owners that I know, that they didn't get one of these 500, but some of the insane crybaby tactics from others are a crazy example of the entitlement some people think comes with a big wallet.

And in the words of Tony Soprano, "you're entitled to shit."

*just an edit to make clear, I am absolutely not applying the above to Treynor. He is a class act that reacted as a reasonable adult would, and I'm sure he'll be feeling terrible driving his ThethetheFerrari or P1 or TdF or Av SV to take his mind off it.*

I love that, you are a damn lucky so and so :icon_thumleft:

Rooster Craws nailed it, this would be my pick

image.jpeg

acid green, verde singh?

I like it, but that heritage scheme is off the charts! :icon_super:

I still cant believe you were picked! this is better than your bar mitzvah lololol

It appears that the car needs a color to show off all of those incredible attributes such as the flying butress c pillar. The black, at least in pics, hides these features. Choosing a color on special cars like this is always such a challenge. Best of luck, looking forward to your decision.

yea, I really like the Gulf in that render, this rendered blue there is more deep and pearl than the 2005-2006 Gulfs....

I was surprised as well, I was just confirmed and should have my production schedule in the next couple of weeks... we'll see what the extended color selection is...

I like the Verde, but not sure if it fits the FGT....

I like it, but that heritage scheme is off the charts! :icon_super:

I still cant believe you were picked! this is better than your bar mitzvah lololol

yea, I really like the Gulf in that render, this rendered blue there is more deep and pearl than the 2005-2006 Gulfs....

I was surprised as well, I was just confirmed and should have my production schedule in the next couple of weeks... we'll see what the extended color selection is...

I like the Verde, but not sure if it fits the FGT....

:iamwithstupid: awesome man! yeah not feeling the green. the blue and heritage seem to work best IMO

Congrats on getting the car!

I like White with Grey stripes.

I was one of the very lucky ones that got chosen to purchase the new GT.

And after reading all the meltdowns on you tube and posts on the forums.......I gotta ask....we are still talking about a car here aren't we???

And I don't mean that in a way that I am not appreciative that I was chosen, but damn. There are grown ass men out there acting like a baby that just got its pacifier taken away. There were 500 cars and probably 2000 applicants that really deserved a car. But everyone that applied knew going in their chances were slim.

For those of you that think social media following was a huge deal, your absolutely wrong. A lot of the people that got one are about as far detached from social media as it gets. Hell I still don't even know how Twitter works! And have never posted a youtube video!

But what I am is a loyal Ford customer. I have a ton of Ford vehicles in my fleet. I have several daily and collector fords. I was one of the few that shipped my car to Le Mans in hopes of celebrating and supporting Ford on a win. I spent time with several members of the ford family while down there including, Henry, Edsel/his wife, and Bill.

All this and I didn't think my chance of getting one was very high. And I put in my application that my future loyalty does not depend on whether I get a GT or not. And I meant it. I just really like their stuff, personally and in business. And if I had not got one, it would not have been a big surprise to me. And I damn sure wouldn't have taken to the internet and start questioning their business practices.

To be bummed out that you didn't get one is very understandable. I am bummed out that some of my friends didn't get one. But anyone that chalks this up as a big milestone moment in life, (good or bad) needs to regroup and look around at what blessings they have. And realize at any moment, any part of it could be taken away.

And after reading all the meltdowns on you tube and posts on the forums.......I gotta ask....we are still talking about a car here aren't we???

And I don't mean that in a way that I am not appreciative that I was chosen, but damn. There are grown ass men out there acting like a baby that just got its pacifier taken away. There were 500 cars and probably 2000 applicants that really deserved a car. But everyone that applied knew going in their chances were slim.

For those of you that think social media following was a huge deal, your absolutely wrong. A lot of the people that got one are about as far detached from social media as it gets. Hell I still don't even know how Twitter works! And have never posted a youtube video!

But what I am is a loyal Ford customer. I have a ton of Ford vehicles in my fleet. I have several daily and collector fords. I was one of the few that shipped my car to Le Mans in hopes of celebrating and supporting Ford on a win. I spent time with several members of the ford family while down there including, Henry, Edsel/his wife, and Bill.

All this and I didn't think my chance of getting one was very high. And I put in my application that my future loyalty does not depend on whether I get a GT or not. And I meant it. I just really like their stuff, personally and in business. And if I had not got one, it would not have been a big surprise to me. And I damn sure wouldn't have taken to the internet and start questioning their business practices.

To be bummed out that you didn't get one is very understandable. I am bummed out that some of my friends didn't get one. But anyone that chalks this up as a big milestone moment in life, (good or bad) needs to regroup and look around at what blessings they have. And realize at any moment, any part of it could be taken away.

well said and congrats!

well said and congrats!

:iamwithstupid:

Congrats first of all on being selected. Bigger congrats on having your life sorted well enough to realize what a fortunate position you are in to be able to afford to buy a $400k toy.

You are just a decent human being, congrats on your upcoming new toy?

Now to the most important question, how will you spec it ?

I'm bummed but very well said!!! Blessed beyond I would have ever imagined even without a new FGT...but still dreaming!!!

The problem here is Ford made them dance around like a trained puppy and then kicked them in the ass. What were they thinking?! I was pissed about it and posted here on LP about it. We are grown men, we dont need to plead to anyone to spend 500k on a car. Put in an app ok , but to make a fcuking video and beg for attention is a bit much. I knew this wouldnt end well. If you have that much money to drop on a toy rest assure there is alot of ego and pride behind it. Maybe they should have just did it privately like Ferrari did and BTW I hate Ferrari and thier process too.

Ford Cargo van

edit:

Sorry,congrats feviper on the allocation.