new Ford GT coming! :)

FikseSTS

I appreciate all the kind words guys!

Fortis-I am waiting until I see custom options, but my fall back is White with Blue stripe like my 06. Or solid black :icon_thumleft:

Camel-Although I disagree with..............well everything you said. :icon_mrgreen: I do appreciate the congrats.

I personally know a lot of good people that got chosen. I also personally know a lot of good people that got denied.

And I have to believe that is the case with 99% of the people who applied that could actually afford one. But the aftermath has shown a 3rd group that you actually mentioned. People who need the car for their ego, or that have a sense of entitlement.

I sure hope none of that group got a GT. And from some of the crying I have seen out there, Ford was smarter than people are giving them credit for.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the aftermath has shown a 3rd group that you actually mentioned. People who need the car for their ego, or that have a sense of entitlement.

I sure hope none of that group got a GT. And from some of the crying I have seen out there, Ford was smarter than people are giving them credit for.

Ugh! Not quite sure what you mean.

You shouldn't compare crying to being pissed off or having an opinion.

NOt everyone comes from an entitled or privileged background, it seem you are close to the Ford family.

Do you think Wayne on this board was "entitled" to a new GT? Who knows, but waving that carrot in front of a respected member and denying it is not cool or acceptable by any means. Not just him but anyone. You want to sell your car to exclusive people, ok , bump the price up 300k but dont make us prance for it.

Keep in mind the old GTs were selling at 150k about 6 years ago and there was plenty of inventory on the market. This new car better kick some ass and put the naysayers like me to rest or it will fail horribly and there will be many people waiting/hoping/expecting that to happen, especially at the 500k point.

Rant over.

NOt everyone comes from an entitled or privileged background, it seem you are close to the Ford family.

Do you think Wayne on this board was "entitled" to a new GT? Who knows, but waving that carrot in front of a respected member and denying it is not cool or acceptable by any means. Not just him but anyone. You want to sell your car to exclusive people, ok , bump the price up 300k but dont make us prance for it.

Keep in mind the old GTs were selling at 150k about 6 years ago and there was plenty of inventory on the market. This new car better kick some ass and put the naysayers like me to rest or it will fail horribly and there will be many people waiting/hoping/expecting that to happen, especially at the 500k point.

Rant over.

Yeah, the pressure is on.....both from the price point and the whole application process.

It will most likely succeed for those wanting specs and numbers like a new McLaren or Porsche.

Probably will not succeed in the visceral purity department, but one look at the lack of a manual trans, and the twin turbo V6 versus supercharged V8 and it should be clear that it won't.

Which normally isn't a big deal in the exotic car realm, but it was a big factor as to why the old GT was desirable compared to a G or 430. If it lacked that, then it was just another Fast Ford and not a worthy competitor.

The new car does look nice, so it does have that going for it.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Who knows, but waving that carrot in front of a respected member and denying it is not cool or acceptable by any means. Not just him but anyone. You want to sell your car to exclusive people, ok , bump the price up 300k but dont make us prance for it.

You seem to be fixated on this video thing. The application clearly stated the video was optional. The vast majority of people did not submit application videos. Loads of people (I suspect the vast majority) were granted cars that did not submit application videos. The vast majority of people granted allocations were not granted them based on any kind of social media presence. They did not "make" anyone do anything, and as clearly stated, it was "optional" and unlikely to be the decisive factor for literally anyone.

This is also an insanely comical line of thinking. "I want something. Rather than give me any chance for it, I would prefer you make it so expensive that I can't afford it." It was a mathematical certainty that the majority of people who wanted cars would not get them. This would have also been the case even if they had just given them to people that already owned GTs.

This new car better kick some ass and put the naysayers like me to rest or it will fail horribly and there will be many people waiting/hoping/expecting that to happen, especially at the 500k point.

1. The car was designed to win at Le Mans. It's done that. Purpose served. No road car is as close to the race car as the GT, and when they take the body panels off, people will see this.

2. If you're sitting around hoping a car will fail horribly, it's unlikely the car will ever satisfy you, because your priorities are so out of whack that you're not thinking straight.

You seem to be fixated on this video thing. The application clearly stated the video was optional. The vast majority of people did not submit application videos. Loads of people (I suspect the vast majority) were granted cars that did not submit application videos. The vast majority of people granted allocations were not granted them based on any kind of social media presence. They did not "make" anyone do anything, and as clearly stated, it was "optional" and unlikely to be the decisive factor for literally anyone.

This is also an insanely comical line of thinking. "I want something. Rather than give me any chance for it, I would prefer you make it so expensive that I can't afford it." It was a mathematical certainty that the majority of people who wanted cars would not get them. This would have also been the case even if they had just given them to people that already owned GTs.

1. The car was designed to win at Le Mans. It's done that. Purpose served. No road car is as close to the race car as the GT, and when they take the body panels off, people will see this.

2. If you're sitting around hoping a car will fail horribly, it's unlikely the car will ever satisfy you, because your priorities are so out of whack that you're not thinking straight.

Damn, I didn't see that the video's were optional, or I'd have completed my application.

"Submission of photos, videos and documents is optional. This isn't a contest and we're not trying to identify the best producer -- we're just interested in learning more about your interest in the GT."

1460558183-screen-shot-2016-04-13-at-94536-am-copy.jpg

Oh well, my loss for not taking the time to read. I'm not bitter though. Even if I had submitted my app would have been a longshot.

Rant over.

Well I'm biased...but I thought I should get one.........wonder how many that did actually ever drove an original; GT40? Few if any/ I owned 2

and drove #1009 as a daily driver in the san Francisco area for a year

BOUGHTV THIS CAR IN THE uk IN 1973 FOR $28,000 AT AGE 28. (A LOT OF MONEY AT THE TIME)

gt40.jpg

Rant over.

No I am not close to the Ford family. I got to spend time with them, along with many others that were at Le Mans. I know you wouldn't like to think so, but they are very approachable and humble people.

Well I'm biased...but I thought I should get one.........wonder how many that did actually ever drove an original; GT40? Few if any/ I owned 2

BOUGHTV THIS CAR IN THE uk IN 1973 FOR $28,000 AT AGE 28. (A LOT OF MONEY AT THE TIME)

Would have been $155,000.00 today

At 28. That's awesome Wayne

OHHHHHHHHHH, if you only still at least one of them.

My parents bought their second house around that time; it was £14K, to put things in perspective. Mind you, it was a bit "posh" what with it having a glass thing called a "conservatory" out the back.

What became of the GT40, may I ask?

My parents bought their second house around that time; it was £14K, to put things in perspective. Mind you, it was a bit "posh" what with it having a glass thing called a "conservatory" out the back.

#1009 I sold for couple thousand profit don't know where it is?

#1012 restored traded for 427 cobra plus cash sold it to andy Harnon that

car is in France now.

car is in France now.

car is in France now.

FWIW - about 350 of the 500 (~70%) went to existing GT owners, and 87% went to current Ford customers of some kind.

Hmmm, what will Salomondrin cry about now? His first theory just got bunked.

BTW, majority of people dont give a rats ass about LE Mans, I dont, we just want to drive a nice fast, fun, reliable car with a few other features.. I dont hope failure for the worst of my enemies but at this ass puckering stage Ford better produce an amazing vehicle.

Wayne, I think you should have got one as well...

28k in 73 was not alot of money :)

Lets hope, like every other manufacturer they will expand production of a highly desirable car and the under dogs will get one.

Well anyone can say anything on a forum,the means nothing! Lets see actual #s.

DBK gave you the numbers. And if you don't believe him, the numbers Ford announced are all over the Internet.

But let me guess, it's a conspiracy and Ford is trying to cover up the real numbers...

Am I only one thinking that car sales should be more limited by demand and not artificially by manufacturer?

For example Ford GT or Porsche 911 R. Why not build a bit more when so many would like to enjoy the car.

Am I only one thinking that car sales should be more limited by demand and not artificially by manufacturer?

For example Ford GT or Porsche 911 R. Why not build a bit more when so many would like to enjoy the car.

It's all marketing. Looks like everyone is trying to take a leaf from Ferrari's book.

After Ferrari, Porsche is the biggest offender, they build the same oblong eggs since the dinosaurs use to roam the earth and yet they manage to get buyers to cream their pants about "special limited" editions.

Sold out, but wait, there is more, another batch just got released :lol2:

To some extent, it's the buyers pushing for this. It helps retain value and keeps them from using the AMG depreciation curve. Not a massive issue in low price stuff, but in this range it might bother people.

Plus marketing, the quickest way to make people want something is to tell them they can't have it.