new Ford GT coming! :)

FikseSTS

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks incredible! looking forward to hearing driving impressions.

Congrats again, enjoy in the best of health mate.

heh, the shop doing the xpel and coating has had it more than me... Ford actually gives you the painted date and says don't drive the car until you protect it...

I literally have 20 min driving the car so far.... I pick it up tomorrow though... full XPEL and dual Modesta coatings...

video from the delivery at dealer...

The dude's got a day job, give him a break ;) :lol2:

heh, the shop doing the xpel and coating has had it more than me... Ford actually gives you the painted date and says don't drive the car until you protect it...

I literally have 20 min driving the car so far.... I pick it up tomorrow though... full XPEL and dual Modesta coatings...

video from the delivery at dealer...

So they tell you not to drive it until you pay more for someone to protect the paint job? Does Ford offer something from the factory or do they just let you roll the dice?

nothing from factory... just said this..

=============

I also wanted to take the time here to mention clear-wrapping. Due to the GT’s aggressive aero mapping combined with the sticky compound of the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires, certain areas of the car are extremely vulnerable to rock and debris chips. That being said, we highly suggest you have a protective wrap installed. We’ve received positive feedback on Xpel products.

You can head here for a list of local installers:

http://www.xpel.com/locator/search/clearbr..._States/Indiana

Please note that we recommend a four-week wait time prior to wrapping to allow for the paint to cure.

=============

So they tell you not to drive it until you pay more for someone to protect the paint job? Does Ford offer something from the factory or do they just let you roll the dice?

• 4 weeks later...

That GT is stunning. So what’s your impressions so far?

It's an uncompromising race car for the street, my 720S and Huracan feel like luxury cars compared to it... 675LT and Performante are similar, but even those don't have this direct connection to the road that the GT has....

That GT is stunning. So what’s your impressions so far?

It's an uncompromising race car for the street, my 720S and Huracan feel like luxury cars compared to it... 675LT and Performante are similar, but even those don't have this direct connection to the road that the GT has....

The GT is a literal race car made street legal as opposed to the other way around with the 488 and Huracan race cars and everything before it.

Not sure that's been done before. Awesome to see the results!

It's this feel that will make it special long term even after the ZR1 and others surpass it on the track.