The LP Coffee. House

MrDoctor

Thought this could pan out as an interesting thread. :D

What is everyone up to today?

I'm sipping on some coffee currently. Heading out a little later than I like to, but slept crappy last night. Hence, the coffee. Never really drink it, but today is one of those mornings...

Will probably head out for a bike ride soon to get some AM cardio.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone remove the period at the end of House in the title...it's really bothering me

Apparently at the coffee house OCD is on the menu.

Apparently at the coffee house OCD is on the menu.

There's no way I'm the only one bothered by that!

There's no way I'm the only one bothered by that!

I am bothered.

I think I will go have a drink.

Soccer tournament at VA Beach this past weekend. Feeling pretty sore all over! Usually drink coffee most week days but was able to avoid it today.

I think I will go have a drink.

Of Coffee?

I always drink coffee. I love it. Never a morning where I don't have a cup.

I can't do coffee..it's such a lie to me. It smells so good but tastes so bitter. I have to have 1/8 coffee and 7/8ths cream and sugar to drink it.

I can't do coffee..it's such a lie to me. It smells so good but tastes so bitter. I have to have 1/8 coffee and 7/8ths cream and sugar to drink it.

Same here. Depends on the bean though. Some are smooth, others bitter. I can't drink coffee without cream and Splend. I prefer espresso if needed, but do enjoy tea w/milk once in a while.

How do I become more of a people person ?

I wouldn't say I'm socially awkward, but I don't really gel or find some people I run into very interesting. Lose interest quick , don't feel the need for small talk

The longer I'm on this planet, the more I've realized how important it is to be good at dealing with people, and how much being good at it can give you an advantage vs someone who isn't.

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't say I'm socially awkward, but I don't really gel or find some people I run into very interesting. Lose interest quick , don't feel the need for small talk

The longer I'm on this planet, the more I've realized how important it is to be good at dealing with people, and how much being good at it can give you an advantage vs someone who isn't.

Any suggestions?

You just described me. You are who you are.

My best advice, smile more, look people in the eye, lessen the amount of fucks you give about things. Your advantage will be that you're honest and a straight shooter. Some people are people persons and they carry a room and are good salespeople etc. Others like you and I aren't built that way. It is what it is, play on your strengths.

My best advice, smile more, look people in the eye, lessen the amount of fucks you give about things. Your advantage will be that you're honest and a straight shooter. Some people are people persons and they carry a room and are good salespeople etc. Others like you and I aren't built that way. It is what it is, play on your strengths.

:iamwithstupid:

If you feel comfortable in your own skin why change? do what comes naturally unless going on a rampage comes naturally then don't :icon_mrgreen:

Any suggestions?

I feel kind of in this boat sometimes. If I go out in public, I don't always like talking to people and the reason why is I rarely have anything in common. If I do talk to random people, I always end up feeling very weird or out of place. I'll always be friendly and say hello or hold the door or something, but rarely do I make a true connection unless it's someone who shares the same interest as me. I normally play the part and fit into society just to make the days go by easier. A lot of the time, I feel pretty alone because when I do want to talk about something, I know that most people won't share any interest or might laugh at what I have to say, so I just end up staying quiet. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was diagnosed with mild Aspergers. Sometimes I feel right at home with people, other times, nothing. I like coming here, because there are many like minded people who are passionate about a lot of the same things I am and you guys don't laugh at me or think I'm an idiot for my goals or interests. I've made a lot of friends here and I'm thankful for this place. I think being a people person is overrated. You can get good at playing the part for work, but otherwise, it'll never really feel genuine, at least in my opinion.

If you feel comfortable in your own skin why change? do what comes naturally unless going on a rampage comes naturally then don't :icon_mrgreen:

I feel kind of in this boat sometimes. If I go out in public, I don't always like talking to people and the reason why is I rarely have anything in common. If I do talk to random people, I always end up feeling very weird or out of place. I'll always be friendly and say hello or hold the door or something, but rarely do I make a true connection unless it's someone who shares the same interest as me. I normally play the part and fit into society just to make the days go by easier. A lot of the time, I feel pretty alone because when I do want to talk about something, I know that most people won't share any interest or might laugh at what I have to say, so I just end up staying quiet. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was diagnosed with mild Aspergers. Sometimes I feel right at home with people, other times, nothing. I like coming here, because there are many like minded people who are passionate about a lot of the same things I am and you guys don't laugh at me or think I'm an idiot for my goals or interests. I've made a lot of friends here and I'm thankful for this place. I think being a people person is overrated. You can get good at playing the part for work, but otherwise, it'll never really feel genuine, at least in my opinion.

Well said, thank you all. Can't forget about focusing on my strengths.

I'm the same way as you Doc. I shop with earphones in so I don't have to chat or look busy, lol.

I honestly just don't understand how people who carry the room and are B.S.ers get so ahead, especially in the workplace. I've met people in high positions who shouldn't be there, just because of their people skills. I just wonder, WTF, who put this idiot in charge? Can't people see through this? That this person is fluff, and has no idea what he/she is talking about? Sorry for the rant!

Guess that goes back to focusing on strengths :D !

I'm just glad to hear I'm not alone in feeling like this. :) Something my mentor here told me, that I'll never forget, was that the moment he feels like someone he knows is passing judgement on him, he cuts them out of his circle. I'm glad that I met him. The older I get, the more sense that makes.

I don't speak a word beyond what I need to in order to get my message across. I prefer to listen than speak. Call me an introvert, shy, etc...I am who I am.

Having said that I think there is a difference between placing yourself outside of your comfort zone vs NOT being yourself at all and being fake.

I think the best things come when you put yourself out of your comfort zone and do things and say things to which your initial reaction was "No"...at least that's been my experience until now. On that note...I love the movie Yes Man...it definitely speaks to those who have such a mindset.

always be yourself and if people don't like that fcuk em.

once I learned that being yourself was ok, my public speaking, friendships, business etc was brought to a new level!

But what kind of coffee? Not that kopi luwak stuff I hope. Those poor little critters.

But what kind of coffee? Not that kopi luwak stuff I hope. Those poor little critters.

Wasn't there a thread about TeamSalamone that said he drinks this?

:icon_oak:

If I need to buy a coffee, Starbucks flat white. At home, we use the Starbucks french roast. It's ok. I tried this Kirkland dark roast (red packaging) and it was pretty damn good. Basically, whatever I can get at Costco, will be had :lol2:

So, if they start carrying kopi luwak, then by all means, I'm going to try it. And if I don't like it, it's going back :lol2:

There's a great book called the Charisma Myth that you should read, it breaks down a lot of what you're talking about. Charisma is what allows someone to own a room and it's made of 3 things: Warmth, Presence and Power.

Warmth: Are you approachable, friendly etc

Presence: Are you actually listening to to me while I talk?

Power: Do you have the ability to impact my life if a meaningful way?

Now that I've told you these 3 things you'll catch yourself doing it with people you meet; it's a natural response we all have which means learning how to be better at them will help a lot.

PS - Currently reading Shoe Dog by Phil Knight - had no idea he could write so well, super inspiring story.

There's a great book called the Charisma Myth that you should read, it breaks down a lot of what you're talking about. Charisma is what allows someone to own a room and it's made of 3 things: Warmth, Presence and Power.

Warmth: Are you approachable, friendly etc

Presence: Are you actually listening to to me while I talk?

Power: Do you have the ability to impact my life if a meaningful way?

Now that I've told you these 3 things you'll catch yourself doing it with people you meet; it's a natural response we all have which means learning how to be better at them will help a lot.

PS - Currently reading Shoe Dog by Phil Knight - had no idea he could write so well, super inspiring story.

Thank you for the suggestion, will read both of those books. That summary sounds about right. Seems like people jump person to person to find out what they do, and what that person can do for them.

I've been wanting to read the Phil Knight book, I'm a huge Nike fan.