The LP Coffee. House

MrDoctor

Just caught up...

Being a good "people person" comes down to one thing in my experience: People feeling like you actually listen to them. Sometimes a simple "how's the day treating you?" is all it takes. Usually after their "BS" short answer of "fine, good, or ok" I usually asking "just (insert response they used here)?" I've heard a lot of interesting and cool life stories that way.

Funny is that I am a hardcore introvert by nature, I love nothing more than my own quiet space. But I have found that I can socialize well with people and that's helped with everything in life. Life is a contact sport, and the more people you contact, the better you'll do. I think there's a lot of interesting this you can learn from people, especially one on one. I can make a new friend anywhere I go, which I find funny since I tend not to really care about other people as a whole.

As others have stated, there are some good books and podcasts on the subject, but in all honesty it comes down to how much you practice and use it. Social skills are like any other skill; it is something you can acquire and master though dedication and practice. But you have to be willing to make the effort. Know what your end goal is and never lose site of that. Hell you can PM me and we can have an off-line chat about it sometime :icon_thumleft:

Glad you're out of that and doing well. Never move in with a chick unless you're planning to marry her within 6 months is my rule.

Thanks. That's what I've been trying to do. Go out more. Be more charismatic. More curious about people. actually talk to and be more interested in people. PM will be sent. Thank you

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wouldn't judge anyone's financial level of success based on car ownership. One can buy an expensive car and not afford it. Some folks finance everything. They may appear outwardly successful but on paper have very little.

:iamwithstupid:

As far as social anxiety and making money........anything is possible. Introverts and extroverts alike can do well.

Now being a super introvert and having a ton of success with women is possible but a lot harder IMHO.

Haven't been sleeping well at night this week. Having a coffee this morning, sugar milk with a dash of coffee is how I like mine. I only like iced coffee never really a fan of hot coffee.

I enjoy being around people but love my alone time. I hate when people feel the need to speak to me because we are in the same place like in an elevator or in a public bathroom. I'll give a smile while passing in the office hallway but I don't want to speak to you. Yesterday I was washing my hands as a woman from inside a stall decided to tell me how she wishes it was Friday.

On Sunday I went by a friend's house who was having a garage sale and one of our other friends was smoking. An older man came up to us asking if we had any silver or coins and we said no. He proceeded to tell us he used to bleed out of his penis and any other opening because of smoking and had to have many surgeries. We all had this look: :blink: . I understand he was trying to scare the person who was smoking but DUDE! I don't want to know that!

Being able to read body language cues quickly is something people should put more effort to. It's not too hard to sense when someone wants/doesn't want to talk.

As far as that garage sale story...... :shock:

I drink coffee in Italy, every where else: sugar free Red Bull.

True, Ice coffee is good actually.

I gotta try that eventually. I tried years ago when I wasn't a big fan of coffee in general and didn't like it. Now that I do like hot coffee more, worth it.

BTW, Australia as a rule has great coffee. Everywhere I went, it was just quality. Whereas in the US you'd need a good coffee shop or somebody's house who had good stuff, quality coffee was ubiquitous. Airport restaurants, small/large coffee shops, people's houses, etc.

I had an employee once that had a nice car (better than his pay grade would suggest) but lived in a small apartment in the wrong part of town.

I did ask him about this once and he said "people see me in my car but not where I live"

Sadly, this line of thinking is bolstered by our culture.

BTW, random thought about car ownership:

You get judged by not having a nice car and judged for having a very nice car. Or you could feel the effects yourself even if others aren't putting that judgment on you.

NYC is opposite of your friend's rule for the most part unless you live in the outer boroughs.

That's why he can afford a Lamborghini :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen:

Just caught up...

Being a good "people person" comes down to one thing in my experience: People feeling like you actually listen to them. Sometimes a simple "how's the day treating you?" is all it takes. Usually after their "BS" short answer of "fine, good, or ok" I usually asking "just (insert response they used here)?" I've heard a lot of interesting and cool life stories that way.

Funny is that I am a hardcore introvert by nature, I love nothing more than my own quiet space. But I have found that I can socialize well with people and that's helped with everything in life. Life is a contact sport, and the more people you contact, the better you'll do. I think there's a lot of interesting this you can learn from people, especially one on one. I can make a new friend anywhere I go, which I find funny since I tend not to really care about other people as a whole.

As others have stated, there are some good books and podcasts on the subject, but in all honesty it comes down to how much you practice and use it. Social skills are like any other skill; it is something you can acquire and master though dedication and practice. But you have to be willing to make the effort. Know what your end goal is and never lose site of that. Hell you can PM me and we can have an off-line chat about it sometime :icon_thumleft:

Glad you're out of that and doing well. Never move in with a chick unless you're planning to marry her within 6 months is my rule.

That sounds like a solid rule. A mere formality prior to marriage than trying to get to know someone better/convenience.

Introverted/Extroverted behavior is a very fascinating topic. I would say as a rule most of us fall under one category but can be seen camping out in the other category a fair amount of time.

A lot of one's socializing ability can be pegged by how comfortable you feel in an environment and how welcoming others can make you feel....plus the mood you're in. These factors can add up very quickly and you have a very outgoing person one night, and you take a few of these away and the person might not even want to go out and talk to anyone.

It's ok to be comfortable with not wanting to talk to everyone all the time.

I think a mixture of quiet and socializing is ideal.

This discussion about being introverted/extroverted reminds me of the Barnum effect.

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you.

You have a tendency to be critical of yourself.

You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.

While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them.

Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you.

Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside.

At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations.

You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.

You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved.

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic.

Security is one of your major goals in life.

This discussion about being introverted/extroverted reminds me of the Barnum effect.

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you.

You have a tendency to be critical of yourself.

You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.

While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them.

Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you.

Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside.

At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations.

You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.

You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved.

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic.

Security is one of your major goals in life.

Also sounds an awful lot like.... astrology :lol2:

• 2 months later...

I have one or two cafe con leche every morning. I brew cuban expresso and make it with half and half and a splenda or lately, brown sugar.

I have one or two cafe con leche every morning. I brew cuban expresso and make it with half and half and a splenda or lately, brown sugar.

That sounds very good!

I've been looking into espresso machines. Need to get one for the kitchen.

Drinking my cardamom coffee this morning I found out that the place I'm about to go to today is about 30 km on unpaved roads away from where I thought it would be. Right now I'm in a frenzy trying to rent a pickup truck for the day, they seem pretty hard to come by over here. I have to take some soil samples from some hilly agricultural land, to see if it's suitable for growing blueberries. :) Yeah, me and my business partner decided to start a side business in agriculture.

For anyone grinding their own coffee beans, any recommendations on an affordable electrical conical burr grinder? Been grinding my own coffee beans with a manual conical burr grinder for a year now and man, it's a pain in the ass now. Lol.

For anyone grinding their own coffee beans, any recommendations on an affordable electrical conical burr grinder? Been grinding my own coffee beans with a manual conical burr grinder for a year now and man, it's a pain in the ass now. Lol.

If you have a Costco membership, they have some! IMO, as long as it can grind fine, it's all good. It's just a grind. Plus, Costco warranty and cash back, hey.

Now, who makes an affordable espresso machine? I'm thinking Breville. Not going over $500 for an espresso machine for the house!

I'm living off MTN Dew Kickstarters and coffee, enjoying the coffee and looking for any recommendations. The more caffeine the better. Espresso is a blast.

Believe it or not, cafe bustelo is actually some pretty good stuff. At least to me! You can pick up a huge can at Walmart or most grocery stores pretty cheap.

Their instant coffee is also really good. Only place I've found it is in Miami though. Bummer!

Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a Breville espresso machine very soon. I hope one goes on sale for black Friday. Waiting until then...

Sounds like you need some caffeine powder and Mt. Dew :D. I used to buy caffeine powder and make my own pre-workout drinks. Cheap route and you can pretty much make whatever you want.

I have two different kinds of coffee from Dunn Brothers Coffee right now. I want to say the one I have today is one from Brazil.