Brake Ducts / Hoses - what size?

tomlang89

Hi Everyone,

A quick question here, does anyone know the diameter and length of the brake hoses off the top of their head? I do not have easy access to the underside of my murci as I have to take it to my friends auto shop to compete any work on her and would like to buy hoses before I go there next in 2 weeks time.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Guys,

The part number is 410611359 and I can't for the life of me find the diameter and length, if anyone can help that would be amazing! As I mentioned I don't have the ability to lift the car and remove for a few weeks but I want to order the ducts now so i'm ready.

https://www.bullstuff.com/flex-hose-pn-410611359#product-q-a

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Guys,

The part number is 410611359 and I can't for the life of me find the diameter and length, if anyone can help that would be amazing! As I mentioned I don't have the ability to lift the car and remove for a few weeks but I want to order the ducts now so i'm ready.

https://www.bullstuff.com/flex-hose-pn-410611359#product-q-a

Thanks,

Tom

I can pull those measurements for you the next time I am out in the garage. The reason I can do that is that I took them off my car to preserve them.

Are you tracking your car? If not, you may want to consider doing the same. It's not only the hose that goes bad over time, but the poorly designed plastic mounts that attach them to the body.

I can pull those measurements for you the next time I am out in the garage. The reason I can do that is that I took them off my car to preserve them.

Are you tracking your car? If not, you may want to consider doing the same. It's not only the hose that goes bad over time, but the poorly designed plastic mounts that attach them to the body.

That would be great Stimpy - no i'm not tracking the car but they are shot to sh*t and do nothing at all right now to help cool the brakes.

I may well remove them especially over the winter months when I won't be using the car much.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi All,

I have found out the diameter, 2.75 inches, unsure of the actual length but i'm buying 6 foot of hose so this can be cut down to size, I picked this up for $20 delivered rather than paying $215 per hose....

Tom

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i replaced my ducting aswell.

Steering wheel straight ahead, i fitted the hose. Then turned the wheel and the hose fell off as it was stretched too much - DOH !!!

There was then not enough hose to do the other side !!

I ordered I think 7' then cut in half.. once they were installed and steering was good I had about 4 inches up front that I trimmed before putting the bumper on.  Since their so inexpensive I purchased longer in case I messed.  Same thing with alternator pipe.  

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, x98boardwell said:

I purchased from AircraftSpruce.  Here is the link.  I did my brake ducting and the alternator vent line. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI--7y7JTZ8QIVtBrnCh33qABoEAAYASAAEgKcoPD_BwE

Here are some pics of loose install before buttoning up after paint.  

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

There’s a few different air ducts for sale, which one did you purchase and how has it been holding up for you so far

1 hour ago, Amansor said:

There’s a few different air ducts for sale, which one did you purchase and how has it been holding up for you so far

I purchased the size that correlated with my current ducts.  They were just a tad larger but have been holding up well.  I haven't driven the car too much but did take the week of car week in Monterey and maybe 600 miles or so. I would need to verify what I ordered from them to know or remember what size I used.  Once the wheel is off and the inner wheel liner you can remove and measure the ducting where they clamp to fairly easy to ensure you're getting the correct size.  Just remember to ensure their long enough for the job.