Actuator leak, how's my plan?

04glambo

I have a 04G that has a leaky actuator.

It is leaking slowly from the front and back of it.

Drives fine but did get stuck into 3rd a few times.

I plan to pop the actuator off, send it off for a rebuild (or buy new), and slap it back on.

I understand that it will need to be bled and have a calibration done.

I was either going to take it to the local dealership or I may know someone local with the software.

It seems like the bleeding and calibration are pretty straight forward.

I don't know if it's related but I did have the abs+esp lights flash on simultaneously a few times so I will replace the 2 speed sensors as well.

Will this work out or is there something I am missing?

One of the gentleman that I was going to have do my rebuild tells me it is way more complicated and cannot be done without many years of experience with Lamborghinis and tells me that a dealership will not be able to do the calibration and I need to send the car to him.

Thanks!

If you decide to remove anything yourself. be careful with any type of work on F1 transmissions. Sometimes they can have a lot of pressure built up while the car is off and sitting. If the car primed the transmission, you may have to initiate depressurization through LARA software. I'm not too familiar with the E-Gear but I am familiar with other systems and wanted to give a friendly heads up just in case it even applies to your situation.

The G's valve group (the metal block between the upper unpressurized reservoir and the lower pressurized reservoir, with a valve for each gear, and hoses going to the actuator on top of the gearbox) has a depressurizing "button" that you can "push" with e.g. a screw driver.

And yes, you not only want to depressurize it, but also disconnect the battery, to prevent the pump from kicking in unexpectedly.

I have a 04G that has a leaky actuator.

It is leaking slowly from the front and back of it.

Drives fine but did get stuck into 3rd a few times.

I plan to pop the actuator off, send it off for a rebuild (or buy new), and slap it back on.

I understand that it will need to be bled and have a calibration done.

I was either going to take it to the local dealership or I may know someone local with the software.

It seems like the bleeding and calibration are pretty straight forward.

I don't know if it's related but I did have the abs+esp lights flash on simultaneously a few times so I will replace the 2 speed sensors as well.

Will this work out or is there something I am missing?

One of the gentleman that I was going to have do my rebuild tells me it is way more complicated and cannot be done without many years of experience with Lamborghinis and tells me that a dealership will not be able to do the calibration and I need to send the car to him.

Thanks!

I have the actuator new OEM in stock cheaper than going to dealer when ready.