Ricmac Concept One vs ThethetheFerrari and Tesla...

FikseSTS

That Rimac is a beast. Nothing short of a Konigsegg 1:1 or Regera could run that thing down. Wow. When they get the range of these electric cars to rival the gas engine I can see a serious shift take place with car buyers for sports cars. Seriously impressed with that Rimac and it looks good too.

I don't know much about the Rimac but I feel like standing start acceleration is the one party trick about electric powered automobiles that everyone keeps going back to to show how great they are. In reality, it is probably their greatest strength, but that's a little one dimensional.

My feeling is if you can't get good range out of the things and you can't stop somewhere and conveniently recharge in a few of minutes there is still a lot missing for a practical, usable street car. When an electric car can run a Grand Prix style race at a similar speed to a Grand Prix car and for a similar distance, then I will start paying attention.

The ThethetheFerrari was at 144 MPH and the Rimac was far ahead, I'm sure the gearbox allows for a lot more top end on that car...

the Teslas have been usable for my family, we don't have a gas DD car and don't drive over 230 miles per day per car... longer trips do require some more time and planning though...

I don't know much about the Rimac but I feel like standing start acceleration is the one party trick about electric powered automobiles that everyone keeps going back to to show how great they are. In reality, it is probably their greatest strength, but that's a little one dimensional.

My feeling is if you can't get good range out of the things and you can't stop somewhere and conveniently recharge in a few of minutes there is still a lot missing for a practical, usable street car. When an electric car can run a Grand Prix style race at a similar speed to a Grand Prix car and for a similar distance, then I will start paying attention.

There is one thing which puts me completely off the electric cars and that's the lack of sound, I consider myself lucky to be around when sports cars are still noisy and abnoxious, I feel sorry for the next generations.

no doubt, every time I get in the Huacan I'm thinking, oh yea, this is it... :)

There is one thing which puts me completely off the electric cars and that's the lack of sound, I consider myself lucky to be around when sports cars are still noisy and abnoxious, I feel sorry for the next generations.

• 1 month later...

Watch the Cup gang video of it and you may change your perspective. They even discuss that exact thing.

As above watch the cup gang video and he also discusses torque vectoring etc. However there is always a tradeoff not all cars are track cars and some supercars are probably too big to be nimble on tight mountain roads, everything has its purpose.

As for range EV's are for the most part fully charged when you leave home. So I'd suggest very few owners would put more than 150 miles per drive day on their car. Of course there are some, but when many cars only do a few thousand miles per year I don't think it's a factor.

• 2 years later...