Air con not working

GrigioGT

I need advice on possible diagnoses for my air con which isn't working on my Murcielago 2003.

The air con was re-gassed by the local independent I used. However, it's not blowing ice cold. The independent shop stated that they will need more time to find the diagnosis, but there were no leaks detected when they tested the system. It's not something that I'm going to rush into.

I need advice on possible diagnoses for my air con which isn't working on my Murcielago 2003.

The air con was re-gassed by the local independent I used. However, it's not blowing ice cold. The independent shop stated that they will need more time to find the diagnosis, but there were no leaks detected when they tested the system. It's not something that I'm going to rush into.

Do you know how much refrigerant they put in? Was it the correct amount? I think your car uses 850 grams, but I will have to double check.

If no leaks, next thing is to pump out all the old refrigerant, weigh it to check the amount that was in there, refill to to exact weight, and check the high and low side pressures under operating conditions.

That will determine next steps.

I have been told that rebuilt compressors don't last more than a year or two. I suppose it depends on who rebuilt them. A rebuilt from the original manufacturer is probly more reliable. I was told by two shops that a new one is the way to go.

Also look for black debris in the two hoses to the compressors. If they are dirty, you need to flush the system or else that can significantly shorten the compressor life too.

I have been told that rebuilt compressors don't last more than a year or two. I suppose it depends on who rebuilt them. A rebuilt from the original manufacturer is probly more reliable. I was told by two shops that a new one is the way to go.

Also look for black debris in the two hoses to the compressors. If they are dirty, you need to flush the system or else that can significantly shorten the compressor life too.

Good advice on making sure there's no debris in the system. They should put one of those inline filters in the system anyway if they suspect contamination from a failed compressor.

At $2800 for a new compressor from the discount dealers, it's probably worth rebuilding it every couple of years since it's pretty easy to get out compared to most exotics. Although I haven't checked if there's a cross reference, I am sure it's basically a $280 compressor from some other car model marked up x10.

The shop needs to check the running pressure, that will tell you if system is operating correctly.

Fastcar68