Anybody been or going to Pebble Beach?

Tupps11

Hmm depends if you like more historic cars....$325/ticket is steep IMO

I'm going because I am up here with my wife and she has never been.

It's a nice gig but I am more looking forward to Quail, Concorso Italiano...

Hmm depends if you like more historic cars....$325/ticket is steep IMO

I'm going because I am up here with my wife and she has never been.

It's a nice gig but I am more looking forward to Quail, Concorso Italiano...

Is it only classic cars? I thought we would see a lot of hypercars while there. Neither I or my wife are into classic honestly.

Toss up. They will have about 10 cars that are in the entrance and display area around the pro shop. It is like a courtyard with a putting green where they park concept cars, new stuff coming from manufacturers, etc... You will see something displayed at the Ferrari booth. The rest of it is geared around vintage, pre war, things like that. If you aren't into that, my opinion, not worth going. I think the highlight of the weekend is the auctions, hanging around Pebble and driving through Big Sur, going out to the historic races at Laguna Seca, Eating in Carmel, things like that. I would not personally drive up for Pebble Beach and return the next day. YOu will see more supercars at the local cars and coffee in LA than you will see at the actual Pebble Beach gathering.

Toss up. They will have about 10 cars that are in the entrance and display area around the pro shop. It is like a courtyard with a putting green where they park concept cars, new stuff coming from manufacturers, etc... You will see something displayed at the Ferrari booth. The rest of it is geared around vintage, pre war, things like that. If you aren't into that, my opinion, not worth going. I think the highlight of the weekend is the auctions, hanging around Pebble and driving through Big Sur, going out to the historic races at Laguna Seca, Eating in Carmel, things like that. I would not personally drive up for Pebble Beach and return the next day. YOu will see more supercars at the local cars and coffee in LA than you will see at the actual Pebble Beach gathering.

Thanks for the advise. Will skip it this weekend. Would love to go to cars and coffee though. Do they do it every weekend or its an occasional thing?

Thanks for the advise. Will skip it this weekend. Would love to go to cars and coffee though. Do they do it every weekend or its an occasional thing?

I think it's worth driving up. You don't have to go the Pebble event but just around town there will opportunities to spot a LOT of hot exotics. My friends that are there habe been posting pics of crazy rare stuff.

I think it's worth driving up. You don't have to go the Pebble event but just around town there will opportunities to spot a LOT of hot exotics. My friends that are there habe been posting pics of crazy rare stuff.

Hmm...will see if the wife is down for the drive. Driving up in my exotic and she usually doesn't like the seats for anything over 1.5 hours.

I honestly wanted to go just for the experience. Never been to Pebble Beach and i hear its a really nice event for people who love cars. Was also told that they have different events there throughout the year depending on what type of cars you are into. I figured I'm on holiday in LA with my exotic...so why not?

But i was really hoping to see some super/hypercars like the Chiron and Centenario in the flesh.

Hmm...will see if the wife is down for the drive. Driving up in my exotic and she usually doesn't like the seats for anything over 1.5 hours.

I honestly wanted to go just for the experience. Never been to Pebble Beach and i hear its a really nice event for people who love cars. Was also told that they have different events there throughout the year depending on what type of cars you are into. I figured I'm on holiday in LA with my exotic...so why not?

But i was really hoping to see some super/hypercars like the Chiron and Centenario in the flesh.

Most of those are not at Pebble aside from the lawn. Often they're at the quail which was today and at the private factory events which run all weekend but require invites. It is not a short drive up there by any means, if you take highway one all the way up its very beautiful but takes even longer.

This was at Quail

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Why r my fkn photos uploading sideways?

Dont get me wrong, there will be tons of cars, I guess my comment was more aimed at the up and back philosophy of the trip. It is a tough trip to make for an over night. The drive has to be 6 hours to get there. Then 6 hours to get back. If you don't have a hotel downtown, in Monterey, it is a pain in the ass to drive around. Takes a year to get anywhere. The event is great, but you have to know how to work it and best to do it when you can go up for a couple of days.

I saw that there were quite a few hypercars. I imagine that Concorso had some stuff today. Seeing all the Pagani guys from the drive they did would be sweet. I know that Singh is showing his Konigsegg. I just oculdn't make the trip make sense just going up for the evening. Shit, you would have to get a hotel that is 50 miles away just to find a place to sleep on short notice.

So. Did you end up going ? I haven't been to Monterey car week either. I.would def. Do the drive from LA to big sur, maybe stay somewhere in between like SLO, Pismo, SB, etc.

Take the 101 up and cut into hwy 1 from San Luis Obispo, then drive up to big sur, come back. . SLO = Cool small town with good food and lodging. IMO highway 1 is forgettable up to that point, and it will save you some time taking the 101

Wish I saw this post sooner. Def worth it. Amazing drive.