My old LP640 6-Speed just showed up on Craigslist

Double

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was within inches of buying that car right before I bought my current car. I reviewed the recent service records and the car checks out good on paper. I got spooked by the milleage but at this price I think it's a solid buy. Previously listed at $225k which was too much for the miles in my opinion. I hope somebody picks it up and enjoys it.

I was within inches of buying that car right before I bought my current car. I reviewed the recent service records and the car checks out good on paper. I got spooked by the milleage but at this price I think it's a solid buy. Previously listed at $225k which was too much for the miles in my opinion. I hope somebody picks it up and enjoys it.

When were you looking at purchasing it? A family member of mine might be interested in the car.

Seems like a decent deal even with that kind of mileage.

Given the premium and scarcity of 6-speed LP640's out there right now, this looks WAY underpriced IMO. :shock: If everything checks out this will probably be sold within hours, like the last cheap one that hit the market.

It was/is an awesome car Double! :icon_super:

Given the premium and scarcity of 6-speed LP640's out there right now, this looks WAY underpriced IMO. :shock: If everything checks out this will probably be sold within hours, like the last cheap one that hit the market.

It was/is an awesome car Double! :icon_super:

This has been for sale over 2 months. I have spoken to the owner. There are 5 owners listed on Carfax. Front has been resprayed and original wheels are gone.

Curious history on this car that I know up until about 2013.

Not really sure why a car in AZ showed up on Miami Craigslist but here it is:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5749758958.html

I've seen cars in California listed in the Seattle Craigslist. And if I recall correctly, it was on the Los Angeles Craigslist previously. Probably just a different form of advertising.

What is the curious history on this car? I have seen it listed for at least 6 to 9 months, maybe close to a year.

Cars has been on the market for at least 6 months on and off at different prices. Spoke to the owner who seemed to be a pretty straight forward guy. I made an offer in the $170s and it was a no go.

This has been for sale over 2 months. I have spoken to the owner. There are 5 owners listed on Carfax. Front has been resprayed and original wheels are gone.

Wow, interesting. I stand corrected! I would have thought a clean-title 6-speed LP640 (even given some issues) would have disappeared quickly anywhere near that price. I'd be curious to see where she lands next.

When were you looking at purchasing it? A family member of mine might be interested in the car.

Last time I spoke with the owner was about 3 o 4 weeks ago right before I bought my current egear. I think the guy comes off very honest and will provide whatever info you want. I love that car even with the wheels. My "problem" is I drive my cars a lot and I think I will be digging into a major repair within 3 or 4 years at the rate that I drive my toys. On another note, my 08 lp640 e gear is a surprising joy to drive. No regrets coming from my 04 gated murci

"Curious history"

I happened to know the original owner through work. It was in a magazine and had a nice spread, back in 2007. I don't recall which magazine but he had it on the wall of his office.

The second owner went to jail for some ponzi scheme. Car sat in a federal holding pen for 9 months while they figured out who the true owner was (actual owner was a hard money financier, whom I know).

It came out and I bought it - crazy cheap. Owner number two did the stripper/cocaine thing a bit so I had some work ahead of me but I think that I made it pretty legit; I was happy with the outcome. I was owner number three and had a blast; of my 3 Murcielago's this one needed the least mechanical love.

Owner number 4 'had' to have it even though it wasn't for sale - he came at me three different ways (directly, through business, and through friends). I laughed but ultimately realize that I was so Black in terms of profit that I sold it. I never made so much money on a car. For waaayyy less than what I was paid, I bought and built a really sweet LP670SV tribute car out of a 2004 stick. Can't say I care for what #4 did to the car cosmetically (and that's being nice); think cheap french hooker in the early 80's.

Owner number 5 bought it from him, (thankfully) removed some of the #4's gaudiness, and dumb luck I saw it parked outside a car show in 2013 - 2 years after I'd sold it. It had holes in the bonnet from where number 4 had to have his f-ing spoiler and they were just plugged up. He and I spoke for awhile (nice guy). So that's 2013 and that's as far as I know. All 5 of the aforementioned are/were in South Florida.

Would I buy it today? Yes, I think that I actually would. Except I've had three of them and no Diablo's and that's where my heart is now. But I'd buy it and deal with whatever issues it has.

As for the 'original' wheels - that's a real laugh. They were sold by owner number one in 2007. To me! (It's my business but that's a whole other conversation). He put some HRE wheels on it that were ok for the time. Owner number 2 had some horrendous ghetto wheels on there. I fell into a set of GFG wheels and even though they've been repainted twice since in different colors I don't think they're that bad and apparently they're still on there now. My color theme was Black with yellow highlights; I set the wheels up with Matte Black centers, gloss Black lips, and a thin yellow line. I even have a pic from when they were done, before they were put on the car (see attached). Also had matching yellow calipers.

I know just a bit more than this, as well as names, but I'm not going to say it.

Attach0.jpg

It's amazing to follow the car's story. I guess with so few gated lp640's it's not too surprising that somebody knows their story. As an update, the wheels were powder coated recently and the tint was removed from the lights. The bumper was only a respray, no damage. The front "modified" axels were replaced with OEM. I assume it had been previously converted to RWD. I love the car, hope somebody buys it and enjoys it like it deserves

Got any pics of how horrible it looked after owner #2 had it?

I do not. To be fair - the car ran great and the only mechanical thing that I did to it was change the oil and filter. So it was all cosmetic stuff but I'm in the business and got it sorted. A variety of surface scratches; all wet-sanded out. There were odd dents/pushes - probably from strippers sitting on the roof/hood/etc. I have an amazing ding-guy and he did his magic; made it perfect. The headlights had a haze inside, so I tinted them. Can't remember if I used film or they were sprayed. The interior needed some work - I have people that do that. Sticky buttons (typical) - dealt with. The leather on the dash was pulling back in the passenger corner. That concerned me but a talented leather guy was able to sort it and it came out perfect. The wheels on it were so ugly that we scrapped them and while I don't usually deal in aftermarket wheels, I fell into these GFG's dirt-cheap and redid them (they original were a different color with chrome lips). I re-used the Nitto tires which to me was kind-of discount since they're Nitto's and I'm a tire snob but they were practically new. I remember that the suede steering wheel was starting to look ratty and though I know a guy in North Lauderdale who only does steering wheels, I can't remember if I addressed that or not.

I just remember that when #4 first contacted - I literally laughed. Selling it wasn't in my mind at all; I had it hooked up and I loved it. So after that conversation - he had people reach out that we both know in my industry, and even a personal friend whom he knows. And the rest was history (pic attached of it leaving).

A little more to the story: #2 gets busted. Feds want to seize assets. Car was in his garage. They took it and put it in a warehouse (indoor). Actual owner of the car (financier) had alot of work to do to prove that he owned the car and after 8 or 9 months, got it back. Incredibly, the selling agent (to me) said that they were able to check on the car and even put a battery tender on it, during the whole time. I'm getting this first-hand so that's how the story goes.

The_End.jpg

The front "modified" axels were replaced with OEM. I assume it had been previously converted to RWD.

That 'modification' was done by the hack in Fort Lauderdale that locals on here likely know. This was before fellow LP member Whiteout had his great kit put together that he offers, but there's a 'right' way to do that job and a hack way. You can probably fathom how it was done.

G_Alexander - thanks for the link

'Branding' courtesy of #4:

https://images.carstory.com/-2436553086587193747/33/t/784x-

Holes in decklid (thought they were in bonnet) from #4's spoiler:

https://images.carstory.com/-2436553086587193747/14/t/784x-

Those are holes in the 1/4 panels. Why the hell would anyone do that?!

I would buy that car if i was after a manual 640. High miles yes but 40 is nothing for these cars. I bet no more than 50% of these sub 5-10 mile cars had proper care throughout their life.

Figure a 07-08 with 5-10k on it through 8-9 years on the road.

Thats just 600-1200 miles a year . How much of that time was sitting on a dealership floor with lots of them having 3 + owners.

Im sure a good service will be in order but how many other cars need the same service that might be labeled "pristine" .

My thoughts exactly. I've bought 'perfect/pristine' cars that then needed a whole bunch of stuff to be what I'd call 'perfect'.

I missed the yellow Diablo 6.0 on ebay for $180k because I was teased once again by my friend with the 99SV and he wanted a week to think about it. Again he declined and when I went for the 6.0 Roy said that it was sold. I'd have done a nut-and-bolt restoration on that car and had the Lamborghini of my dreams for way less than pristine 6.0 prices now. So the search continues.

Point is: SLOW BUFFALO DRINKS DIRTY WATER

My thoughts exactly. I've bought 'perfect/pristine' cars that then needed a whole bunch of stuff to be what I'd call 'perfect'.

I missed the yellow Diablo 6.0 on ebay for $180k because I was teased once again by my friend with the 99SV and he wanted a week to think about it. Again he declined and when I went for the 6.0 Roy said that it was sold. I'd have done a nut-and-bolt restoration on that car and had the Lamborghini of my dreams for way less than pristine 6.0 prices now. So the search continues.

Point is: SLOW BUFFALO DRINKS DIRTY WATER

Yes, the number of miles is not as important as how the previous owner(s) took care of the car. For that, you need to be able to know the owners personally or by reputation, which is pretty impossible in most cases, so that's why we are always rolling the dice buying used exotics.

But if you know this car had multiple owners that include ones that ended up in jail and ones that were known for doing coke and having hookers in the passenger seat, you can bet it's had a pretty hard life with periods of neglect.

I'd be worried about that, not the 40K miles.

But if you know this car had multiple owners that include ones that ended up in jail and ones that were known for doing coke with hookers in the passenger seat, you can bet it's had a pretty hard life with periods of neglect.

I'd be worried about that, not the 40K miles.

I had the car right after #2 and like I said, the mechanicals were fine.