My Diablo SVR restoration

andecorp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done. Did you choose the Durex sticker for fun or are those actual sponsors?

It's real LOL

Here are photos from 16/17 years ago:

post-1512-1476277757_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1476277866.jpg

post-1512-1476277885.jpg

Wow, looks brand new! Congrats and can not wait to see video footage from your first race!

I love the exhaust. What kind of mufflers/pipes are they?

Unfortunately they are necessary custom jobs to keep the car under the 95dB limit that most tracks here have. Those are the pipes she competed with. While they look great, they sound nothing like the trumpets that she used to wear in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

I recall the Diablos were very reliable racing here and kicked ass. I saw that SVR at Lambo of Sydney at the old Rushcutters bay shop a long time ago, it was plain black then. Looks like it found a loving owner, congrats on the car and resto.

So amazing.. Ive thought of stickering up my SV like an SVR, as Ive pulled the rear bumper.. Does anyone know if there are lower side skirts that would fit the Monterey edition like they use on the SV-R?

If you ever need them, I have a set of extra wheels for the SV-R as well as a set of brand new side lexan windows for the SV-R...came with my SV_r and have never needed them

Roy

If you ever need them, I have a set of extra wheels for the SV-R as well as a set of brand new side lexan windows for the SV-R...came with my SV_r and have never needed them

Roy

I wish I knew earlier! I bought 3 sets of new wheels from the factory (and I had to pay list price) as the two sets that came with the car were rooted.

I wish I knew earlier! I bought 3 sets of new wheels from the factory (and I had to pay list price) as the two sets that came with the car were rooted.

Wow incredible restoration. The 666 livery looks awesome in HD

So amazing.. Ive thought of stickering up my SV like an SVR, as Ive pulled the rear bumper.. Does anyone know if there are lower side skirts that would fit the Monterey edition like they use on the SV-R?

Dont to it.

• 2 months later...
My SVR restoration is almost complete. Time to do the livery, which I have a bit of problem deciding on.

The car has been restored and I have been certified with FIA historic certification. She is entered in next year's '90s GT Legends series in Europe for all events.

As soon as the livery is finished, I'll be doing countless track days to familiarise myself with her. Then full mechanical restoration again before she gets shipped to Europe early next year where she'll spend the whole year.

The dilemma I am facing is which livery to use. The orange/black #16 livery is what she used in Europe when she won the championships there.

The 666 livery is what she used in Australia for the Nations Cup GT championships, where she became the star car of the series and VERY well known.

I think the 666 livery looks infinitely better, but shouldn't I do the orange/black livery since that is what she was known with in Europe?

Hello Friend!!

Do you have any original part for Lambo SVR on sale??

Hello Friend!!

Do you have any original part for Lambo SVR on sale??

Nothing for sale, sorry. My car is race ready - multiple sets of brakes, callipers, tyres, wheels, shocks, springs, etc, etc.

Which one do you have?

Funny some have mentioned the 666 thing.....

I'm actually trying to get 666 number plate for my car at the moment, proving very hard to find over here. Everyone obsessed with Satan thing, I ain't regulios in any way, so don't care.

Funny some have mentioned the 666 thing.....

I'm actually trying to get 666 number plate for my car at the moment, proving very hard to find over here. Everyone obsessed with Satan thing, I ain't regulios in any way, so don't care.

DVLA in the UK/NI won't issue 666 as a number any more, or 13 I am told