Aventador SV Seats

speed2

topjay your assessment is spot on, the more I drive the SV the better it feels and the more I love it, just on 4000 km so far.

Do you mind posting some photos of the mods to your seat? TIA

It is basically just the bolts that hold the seats on the rails, you remove them and insert a big washer at the front and lesser ones going back about 10 mm does it and the few mm translates to a lot more recline at the rear with the angle, all you need then is to replace the bolts with longer ones to make sure they are held down. You could do it yourself if you were reasonably competent.

Apparently it is very common in racing

The rails don't sit directly on each other even before, they only touch at the bolt points where there is already a welded spacer and so there is no more or less contact or strength with the new setup at an angle.

You cant tell unless you get really low down to look at it

s1.jpeg

s2.jpeg

s3.jpeg

Functional, but with that much meat on the side mount, why not drill a few holes for adjustability?

You could but people get scared of any modification that leaves anything permanent and at present it cures the problem with nothing irreversible. I'm really happy with how it is now, i think that is all they have done with performante seats just recline them a bit so they are not so upright and hence more comfortable.

Gotcha. Almost all Recaro, Sparco, etc. side mounts have multiple holes for adjusting so it wouldn't bother me but I guess a few would have an issue for some reason. I really don't have a clue as to why the factory would not include a hole or two. Cheers.

Andecorp ( member who got banned) had his mechanic do just that, he manufactured an attachment for the runners with multiple holes adjustment as Ag02M5 suggests, topjay suggestion is a very inexpensive DYI which is easily reversible.

Personally I have no complaints about the seat but I am curious to see what difference it makes when slightly reclined as topjay suggests.

The rails don't sit directly on each other even before, they only touch at the bolt points where there is already a welded spacer and so there is no more or less contact or strength with the new setup at an angle.

You cant tell unless you get really low down to look at it

s1.jpeg

s2.jpeg

s3.jpeg

So it looks like you’ve added 8 or 9 washers, can’t exactly tell due to the reflections in the photo, what would you say the combined overall height of the washers you’ve added to the front is? I am thinking of machining a one piece spacer.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in my mounts, but I have the G Perf and there is not much meat. I may get some custom spacers machined that have angled tops for better support...once I figure out the angle I like. Washers will be good for test fit.

I sat in a friends Super G who did the extra hole and it was vastly more comfortable.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in my mounts, but I have the G Perf and there is not much meat. I may get some custom spacers machined that have angled tops for better support...once I figure out the angle I like. Washers will be good for test fit.

I sat in a friends Super G who did the extra hole and it was vastly more comfortable.

I like the idea of testing with washers until you achieve the desired angle, there will be a lot of getting in and out of the car :icon_mrgreen:

There is a single adjustment on the 570 seats to raise the front @ 1/2”

Makes a difference.

I’m going to do this spacer mod in my new R8 which also race seats, same problem with being too upright. For that matter, every car I’ve ever owned with race seats has had this same problem.

There is a single adjustment on the 570 seats to raise the front @ 1/2”

Makes a difference.

I’m going to do this spacer mod in my new R8 which also race seats, same problem with being too upright. For that matter, every car I’ve ever owned with race seats has had this same problem.

Is it on the seat itself somewhere? I sure only see one hole on the bracket. Thx.

Is it on the seat itself somewhere? I sure only see one hole on the bracket. Thx.

Holes are on the seat. Once you have the seat out, remove the front bolts

and slide the brackets down and it will reveal a lower set holes. When

you use the lower set it raises the front of the seat about 1/2 - 3/4” from what i remember.

I also pulled out (un-Velcro’d) the lowest section only of the back cushion and rolled up a

medium sized towel and stuffed it behind the cushion. It pushed the cushion out which added a little lower back support. Doing both of these things did make the seats a bit more comfortable to sit in.

Get a Roadster, roof off and voila you have miles of headroom :icon_mrgreen:

Why didn’t I think of that :(

I am very happy with it overall. Oh yeah congrats on the perf, I’m gonna drive one soon. How I’m gonna get past that car is the real question lol.....

Best regards

Eric :)

Why didn’t I think of that :(

I am very happy with it overall. Oh yeah congrats on the perf, I’m gonna drive one soon. How I’m gonna get past that car is the real question lol.....

Best regards

Eric :)

You got to drive the Performante.

You got to drive the Performante.

I’ll report my experience in your big thread when I do, I’ve been gone most of 5he past few months. I’m back home for awhile and am gonna go frites one. I’m excited, :)

• 8 months later...
I was test driving the SV Roadster with comfort seats. I have to say the sitting position is really annoying even it was in its lowest position. Had to check traffic light by moving down my head, I'm 6 feet or 183cm.

Do the sport or comfort seats sit lower and give more headroom?

Race are lower but because they are so upright and you can’t manually recline them there is therefore less headroom. You can tilt them back with spacers though

Race are lower but because they are so upright and you can’t manually recline them there is therefore less headroom. You can tilt them back with spacers though

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks. I'll get race seats and just add some spacers if needed then :)