Best concerts you have attended?

BLK85

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a blast watching them go from a small town local band, to what they are today. They have sold out shows in every country in the world. Absolutely on fire. Both those guys lived in my neighborhood when I was in Columbus. What's great about them, is they have not changed. There's still the great guys they were back then. They call me whenever they're nearby, and invite me to the show.

That's awesome. Both times I've seen them has been as Music Midtown in Atlanta. The first time they played at the supporting stage. I had never heard of them before but a lot of people said they would be good so I went to check them out and they absolutely killed it. The skill and energy level was just superb. The next time I saw them at Music Midtown they were closing the main stage and I actually chose to see them over Deadmau5 who was closing another stage and I'm also a huge fan of. Need to go to another Twenty One Pilots concert again soon.

Wife's friend got us tickets to Ed Sheeran....hoping it's good.

Last time, same friend bought us tickets to Carly Rae Jepsen...I about died.

We saw Ed in Miami last year, what an incredible performer. Show was fantastic. His story about how he hit it, is a fun success story. Jamie Foxx helped him in the early days.

I'll join the vote:

Rock and Roll.

Ted Nugent...maybe 1980.

Before big screens, holograms and inflatable p*n*ses.

Musicians, good sound, alive on stage.

Disclosure in miami during Wmc. Guys played biggie kick in the door as the last song.

But best vibe was Phoenix in chicago in an old theater. Rocked the crowd and the place. At one point the lead guy dissapeared as the vand went on, then a spotlight apprared on a 2nd floor balcony and he sang from there. Then he walked on center stage to the middle of the crowd. Just great vibes.

Also girl talk. If youre under 27 and he is in your city- go. It will be a fun mess. At one point he said unless all the guys take off their shirts and wave it like a helicopter like in a PeteY Pablo song he wont keep playing.

Saw Metallica 2 weeks ago... and was unimpressed, rather boring and short

I saw them on June 11 at NRG stadium here in Houston and thought it was a great concert. Was a bucketlist item for me. The upstairs stuff was cool, got to sit at Lars' drumkit.

19059458_10213451873956454_563039593368942464_n.jpg

I saw them on June 11 at NRG stadium here in Houston and thought it was a great concert. Was a bucketlist item for me. The upstairs stuff was cool, got to sit at Lars' drumkit.

I saw them at Jerry World 2 weeks ago, there was not much to the show other then a few video screens, very little pyrotechnics, short show, and they just did not sound as good. I have seen them twice before, and thought they did much better at those other shows.

• 3 weeks later...
Bought tickets to Foo Fighters today! Im pretty excited about this one.

Purchased tickets for 2 more shows today! Garth Brooks! Sold out 6 shows in about an hour, 12,000 seat venue. It is Country music land here. Im not a super big country guy, but Garth Brooks is awesome! And Stone Sour! Seen Slipknot twice so it will be nice to see Corey Taylor's other band once too!

• 2 months later...

Saw Stone Sour tonight! So awesome!

Also bought tickets for Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, Breaking Bengerbin. Cant fcuking wait,

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver since the 1980's has a very cool concert series on during our version of a county fair. The PNE..... They have free concerts during the fair season. Seating a first come basis. The Bare Naked Ladies, surprisingly very entertaining show. Saw REO last summer there. Some of the popular Canadian bands of the 1970's also perform there. Doucette, BTO, etc. The concerts come with the price of admission, so not really "free". But with the other fair attractions. Its a fun thing to do. Saw Midnight Oil there as well.

• 4 months later...

Metallica will likely play locally. So Fing insane. Trying for the suite.

Metallica will likely play locally. So Fing insane. Trying for the suite.

I saw them in Houston and they were great. The vip stuff was Meh. Food sucked, drinks were ok, but having a semi-private uncrowded space was killer. They give you a digital live download of the show which is awesome.

8th grade with my best friends...Run DMC’s Raising Hell, concert. Line up included Fila fresh crew, JJ Fad, Public Enemy, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (yes, Will Smith!), and of course Run DMC. Unfortunately no LL Cool J and no Beastie Boys, but Public Enemy and Run DMC were awesome!

Second best was Aerosmith. I think they were with Skid Row. They performed for a solid hour and a half at least, and were awesome.

Missed the Metallica/Guns & Roses concert, it had friends who went...they said Metallica was absolutely fantastic and G&R was a train wreck.

September 11th I'll be seeing Metallica, in Sioux Falls, SD

I just missed seeing Evanescence perform a few weeks ago at the Sydney Opera House with a full symphony orchestra.....:(

That would be epic!

I saw them in Houston and they were great. The vip stuff was Meh. Food sucked, drinks were ok, but having a semi-private uncrowded space was killer. They give you a digital live download of the show which is awesome.

I've had VIP for a few concerts. It kicks ass. But at the local place its 2500 to meet them, fcuk that. The VIP I've had is a private box. Its nice but for concerts I want to be on the floor.

• 9 months later...

Got Ozzy Tickets in St. Paul. I guess he is sober now. So should be a good show. Hopefully. 

Also thinking about Iron Maiden in St. Paul. Im not a huge fan, but they have good music. Would be cool to see live. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, BLK85 said:

Got Ozzy Tickets in St. Paul. I guess he is sober now. So should be a good show. Hopefully. 

Also thinking about Iron Maiden in St. Paul. Im not a huge fan, but they have good music. Would be cool to see live. 

Well Ozzy is post poned until 2020, hope he lives that long. Still might do Iron Maiden, not sure. Maybe Ghost too!