Best concerts you have attended?

BLK85

Jane's Addiction 89 Iguanas TJ Mexico.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 06 Spaceland Silverlake.

Brian Jonestown Massacre 06 Little Radio Warehouse DTLA. Show ended at 4am. When we got out some fucker had keyed the rear fender of my 996tt.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Guns n Roses with Metalica at Texas stadium in the early 90s, I was on the floor for that one, and that was the only time that I got to see Metalica... though I did get to see GnR last month and it was a great show (even with a fat Axl)

Saw AC/DC on their ball breaker tour, never will I forget Angus Young swinging out over the crowd riding a wrecking ball while playing guitar.

saw Van Halen with Sammy a few times, always a good show. Muse was very impressive too

I'm a born and raised Jersey guy so I have seen Bon Jovi in concert at least 10 or 11 times. Incredible shows and when he performs for his home crowd, I'm not kidding in that the stadium literally shakes. Love him or hate him, he always gives you your moneys worth! I've seen quite a few friends become diehard fans over the years after being dragged to a concert at Giants stadium. Tons of fun.

Saw Guns N' Roses at Metlife this summer on 07/23. Definitely one of the best shows ever!

I also saw Motley Crue at one of their very LAST shows (Oct. 24th, 2014) in Atlantic City, NJ and was no more than 10ft away from Tommy Lee and his drums for the last set on their center platform. I dragged my Wife to that one at the last second as I knew I was going to regret it if I didn't go, and I'm glad I did!

Saw Rascal Flatts last year at PNC Arts Center, and am going to see AC/DC in Madison Square Garden on 09/14.

I've been to a bunch of others over the years, but those above are definitely the memorable ones.

A few other "bucket list" concerts for me are U2, Metallica, Def Leppard, Poison and Journey. Hopefully I'll make it to all of them while there is still time!

Mr. Mayhem himself!

post-424-1473186537.jpg

post-424-1473186559.jpg

Going to see Def leppard in irvine in 2 weeks.

Nice!

I'll be there two days later, taking the wife to see Luke Bryan.

I would love to see him. My parents are going to see him in Vegas this year. They bought their tickets over a year ago.

Definitely go if you get the opportunity. Awesome show and it's a gravitational pull on hot MILFS the likes of which you have never seen. (At least it was when I went ~10yrs ago)

I've been to tons of shows but there are a few that have really stood out.

Aerosmith- Even after all these years they still put on a great show and sound good.

Muse- As mentioned before, awesome production.

Rob Zombie- Saw them do their festival size show in a 1500 person venue.

Guns N' Roses- Wish I could have seen them back in their prime, but I saw them last month in Phoenix and they were great. I left the show thinking "now that' how's to do a rock concert!"

post-7359-1473926237_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1473926490_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1473926627_thumb.jpg

Just bought tickets to go see Highly Suspect next week, I hear they put on a good show.

I'm a born and raised Jersey guy so I have seen Bon Jovi in concert at least 10 or 11 times. Incredible shows and when he performs for his home crowd, I'm not kidding in that the stadium literally shakes. Love him or hate him, he always gives you your moneys worth! I've seen quite a few friends become diehard fans over the years after being dragged to a concert at Giants stadium. Tons of fun.

Saw Guns N' Roses at Metlife this summer on 07/23. Definitely one of the best shows ever!

I also saw Motley Crue at one of their very LAST shows (Oct. 24th, 2014) in Atlantic City, NJ and was no more than 10ft away from Tommy Lee and his drums for the last set on their center platform. I dragged my Wife to that one at the last second as I knew I was going to regret it if I didn't go, and I'm glad I did!

Saw Rascal Flatts last year at PNC Arts Center, and am going to see AC/DC in Madison Square Garden on 09/14.

I've been to a bunch of others over the years, but those above are definitely the memorable ones.

A few other "bucket list" concerts for me are U2, Metallica, Def Leppard, Poison and Journey. Hopefully I'll make it to all of them while there is still time!

Mr. Mayhem himself!

Happy to report that we saw AC/DC as planned last night and they were AWESOME. One hell of a show, and another box for me to check under the "music" category of my bucket list! Axl gave the band his all and once again proved why he is a legend! On another note, Angus Young is a beast. That guy covered every inch of their stage at least 20 times during the show. Incredible performer who at 61 years old still looks like he is having a blast!

My Wife and I actually got rear-ended just outside of the Holland Tunnel and almost missed the show (no injuries and just cosmetic damage), but fortunately made it with minutes to spare before they took the stage. :)

• 1 month later...

Best concerts I saw were in the 80's when I was like 10. I saw Journey, Loverboy (They may have been with Journey?), Triumph and THE Van Halen. Later 80's I saw Metallica, Van Hagar, Guns/Roses. I was at Monsters of Rock festival when I was probably 14, saw some cool classic 80's bands, and bumped into James Hetfield walking around and got to high 5 him. That was pretty cool as a 14~ year old.

Those were the highlights.

Now I'll freely admit that Music is not really imprtant to me, I just like the commercial R&B you hear on the radio and some dance music.

that said, I went to Justin Timberlake about 10 years ago. And i must say of all the concerts i've been to that was the best, good relatively familiar pop music, great entertainer, and hot girls (excluding the jail bait) as far as the eye could see.

I went to the JT/Jay-Z concert at candlestick and can confirm.......

Apocalyptica and Birthday Massacre.

• 8 months later...
Foo Fighters, Madison Square Garden, 2011.

They are coming to Sioux Falls in November. Im going to try and buy tickets for them!

Corey Feldman!

Lol, that dude is clueless.

Going to see my boys, Twenty One Pilots tonight.

Having played the guitar for 25 years- you'd think I'd have been to more shows. Sadly- I haven't. There are only a few bands out there that I would spend the money and time to see.

Best show I have seen-

David Gilmour, Last April- Toronto.

Fantastic show. Made some absurd guitar errors on Shine on you crazy diamond and Run. When guitar gods make errors like this- it makes me quite happy. Means they're human.

I'll be catching Roger Waters later this year in Buffalo.

Lol, that dude is clueless.

Going to see my boys, Twenty One Pilots tonight.

Twenty One Pilots have absolutely killed it both times I've seen them.

Bought tickets to Foo Fighters today! Im pretty excited about this one.

Ive been to a lot, but many of them were years ago:

Godsmack-Was Great

311-3x-they were pretty good

Incubus-2x

Deftones-3x

Staind-was one of my favorite bands for a while

Linkin Park-before they were a big deal and they sucked.

System of a Down

Def Leopard-were much better than I thought

Kiss-Ditto to the above

Fleetwood Mac-not bad as far as performance, but not my thing

This summer I'm going to check out 3 bands on my bucket list. I have already purchased tickets to them.

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers-Seeing them this weekend in Chicago at Wrigley Field

2) Metallica-Seeing them in Early July in Miami

3) Guns N Roses- Seeing them this summer in Miami.

This is a picture of one bad ass crazy motherfuker .............................................. and ozzy and black Sabbath. We had a great day and the concert rocked

post-93516-1498522391.jpg

post-93516-1498522413_thumb.jpg

Some notable ones:

Eminem Show concert....2002 at Jones Beach, NY - very good

Jay Z Reasonable Doubt 10th anniversary...2006 at Radio City Music Hall, NY - excellent

Roots...2006 at Lincoln Center - good

Steely Dan, Beacon Theater, NY 2008 - excellent

Police "Last Show" (ha) Madison Square Garden, NY 2008 - good

These concerts all sounded very good live. Everyone above was a live band except Em's.....but the sound was really good at Jones Beach and the album was just released so it was a great time. Rap is usually not good rapped live to a backing track, but Em was really top notch in his vocal delivery.

Madison Square Garden IMO is not an ideal concert venue....and stadiums are even worse, I guess unless you have fantastic standing area access. So the Police show lost a bit of that sound quality and intimacy.

Anyone ever see anything at The Strathmore in Maryland? I hear that has great acoustics.

I have to see the Eagles hopefully before anyone else passes. Always hear how the sound and playing is excellent, and of course I love the songs.

I'm going to miss Lady Antebellum at Jones Beach in mid July which sucks. Hopefully someone here can go in my place. :icon_mrgreen:

Twenty One Pilots have absolutely killed it both times I've seen them.

It's been a blast watching them go from a small town local band, to what they are today. They have sold out shows in every country in the world. Absolutely on fire. Both those guys lived in my neighborhood when I was in Columbus. What's great about them, is they have not changed. There's still the great guys they were back then. They call me whenever they're nearby, and invite me to the show.