Good bye Mr. Meow!

cuhuba

So it’s 2:00 am and I’m finally finished installing the primary deletes. My helpful advice is wait until you need an engine out clutch job or something. Holy crap that sucked. I ended up cutting the cats in pieces with a plasma cutter to get them out. Not sure how it works on the early murci, but on the lo640 it was an absolute pain in the ass! I turned it on briefly and on start up it so worth the headache. Tomorrow I’ll do some road testing

I did a DIY on the early Murci on here, and it's not bad at all getting them out. The only tough part is figuring out the chinese puzzle for getting the clamps off. Once you know how to tackle that, it's still not fun, but not as bad as people make it seem.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...2&hl=stimpy

I don't really see the difference on the LP640, other than the heat shield around the AC compressor, but that should be easy enough to remove to make room.

So it’s 2:00 am and I’m finally finished installing the primary deletes. My helpful advice is wait until you need an engine out clutch job or something. Holy crap that sucked. I ended up cutting the cats in pieces with a plasma cutter to get them out. Not sure how it works on the early murci, but on the lo640 it was an absolute pain in the ass! I turned it on briefly and on start up it so worth the headache. Tomorrow I’ll do some road testing

Yeah they look like a pain in the ass, I haven’t replaced mine yet but I was thinking about doing it this summer.

Please post some videos so we can hear that bad boy!!

I did a DIY on the early Murci on here, and it's not bad at all getting them out. The only tough part is figuring out the chinese puzzle for getting the clamps off. Once you know how to tackle that, it's still not fun, but not as bad as people make it seem.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...2&hl=stimpy

I don't really see the difference on the LP640, other than the heat shield around the AC compressor, but that should be easy enough to remove to make room.

I followed your write up which was great. The clamps were actually super easy. The impossible part was getting the cats out. Too tight. The LP640 has to be different from the early murci.

I followed your write up which was great. The clamps were actually super easy. The impossible part was getting the cats out. Too tight. The LP640 has to be different from the early murci.

They were impossible to get out on both sides, or just the left side?

What if you had take out the rear roll bar? That come out pretty easily and then the cats would have more room to move straight back.

They were impossible to get out on both sides, or just the left side?

What if you had take out the rear roll bar? That come out pretty easily and then the cats would have more room to move straight back.

The passenger side came out intact. The driver side came out filleted like a fish with my plasma cutter. Roll bar was in the way, but I cut off the necks of the cats to see if the roll bar was the limiting reagent...and it was not the case. With the roll bar off, the passenger would’ve come out no problem. The driver side is the one that is possessed by Satan. I would love for an LP640 owner who has actually done it himself to see if I’m just crazy. I have to believe that there is some special voodoo difference between the pre LP cars. My mechanic told me he always waits for an engine out procedure like the clutch before discussing primary car removal.

If I had to do it again, I could probably do it in about 3 hours...but I would cut up the cats again.

The passenger side came out intact. The driver side came out filleted like a fish with my plasma cutter. Roll bar was in the way, but I cut off the necks of the cats to see if the roll bar was the limiting reagent...and it was not the case. With the roll bar off, the passenger would’ve come out no problem. The driver side is the one that is possessed by Satan. I would love for an LP640 owner who has actually done it himself to see if I’m just crazy. I have to believe that there is some special voodoo difference between the pre LP cars. My mechanic told me he always waits for an engine out procedure like the clutch before discussing primary car removal.

If I had to do it again, I could probably do it in about 3 hours...but I would cut up the cats again.

I am thinking it's the heat shield around the AC. That shield does look to take up valuable space, but it must also come off fairly easily.

I am thinking it's the heat shield around the AC. That shield does look to take up valuable space, but it must also come off fairly easily.

I took it off and no cigar. It was only 3 bolts

Nice work :icon_thumleft:

Did you notice any power increase with primaries off?

Completely subjective and unscientific... I swear it’s faster now

So the car has been running absolutely freakishly awesome for the past 3 days. Unfortunately, I got a check engine light yesterday and now its getting scanned by my mechanic. It was due for annual service anyways. It is still running great so I assume its some O2 sensor drama. I'm just surprised since I am running the O2 spacers from fabspeed and I thought they would prevent this. Any thoughts from you fine folks?

You can pick up a cheap-o OBD2 scanner to read the standard codes. Sounds like it might be a secondary o2 fault code if the car was/is running well.

You can pick up a cheap-o OBD2 scanner to read the standard codes. Sounds like it might be a secondary o2 fault code if the car was/is running well.

I think I could just use my SCT tuner from my truck to read codes but I went ahead and ordered a scanner last night on amazon. My mechanic told me its the first driver side O2 sensor. Cleared the code, running fine. All fluids changed and running like a raped ape. I'll change it soon, no harm to the car if it pops up again according to the mechanic but he recommends to go fix it when I get a chance. Anybody know of an audi cross reference part or do I just suck it up and pay the $360 from lambo?