2003 Murci purchase

FrankD

Guys......I need some opinions. I'm setting up a PPI for a local 2003 Murci..gated car with 7900 with a spotty maintenance history. I have Wil at Eoxtic Cars going to see it over the next couple days. Problem is the owner won't let Wil take it to his shop.....inspection on-site only. He has a lift but Wil won't be able to scan the car since the scanning equipment is very delicate and he doesn't take it out of the shop. Since it can't be scanned....we are flying a bit blind. What is every ones opinion on this..........owner is not in any hurry to sell and is not even advertising it. Any comments/input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Guys......I need some opinions. I'm setting up a PPI for a local 2003 Murci..gated car with 7900 with a spotty maintenance history. I have Wil at Eoxtic Cars going to see it over the next couple days. Problem is the owner won't let Wil take it to his shop.....inspection on-site only. He has a lift but Wil won't be able to scan the car since the scanning equipment is very delicate and he doesn't take it out of the shop. Since it can't be scanned....we are flying a bit blind. What is every ones opinion on this..........owner is not in any hurry to sell and is not even advertising it. Any comments/input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Let the owner bring it to the shop? If the owner isn't attempting to work on allowing you to PPI the car.... Just walk away and count your blessings. It isn't worth the frustration. The search will continue.

If the owner isn't attempting to work on allowing you to PPI the car.... Just walk away and count your blessings. It isn't worth the frustration. The search will continue.

:iamwithstupid:

I would hate to PPI a car in someone else's garage without my tools or having to take my tools to someone's garage.

I could also see the owners hesitation to let a stranger take the car to a strange shop for a "PPI".

Now, If I was serious about selling a car, I would be cooperative and satisfy a reasonable request to PPI.

If the seller is not cooperative, walk away. If a PPI is a little difficult because it requires having the car shipped/driven to a location several hours away, the car drives well, looks good, and is exactly what you are looking for you minus the maintenance history, then I'd still consider the car BUT at a discounted price; ~ $15k less.

The reason I'd still consider it is PPI's are not 100%, there have been many times where PPI's missed major issues and owners have ended up with a large repair bill after purchase.

I would hate to PPI a car in someone else's garage without my tools or having to take my tools to someone's garage.

I could also see the owners hesitation to let a stranger take the car to a strange shop for a "PPI".

Now, If I was serious about selling a car, I would be cooperative and satisfy a reasonable request to PPI.

If the seller is not cooperative, walk away. If a PPI is a little difficult because it requires having the car shipped/driven to a location several hours away, the car drives well, looks good, and is exactly what you are looking for you minus the maintenance history, then I'd still consider the car BUT at a discounted price; ~ $15k less.

The reason I'd still consider it is PPI's are not 100%, there have been many times where PPI's missed major issues and owners have ended up with a large repair bill after purchase.

Owner knows place PPI would take place.......1/2 hour from his home. He has serviced his Countach in the past at the same location. Deal is probally dead at this point......I offered the seller 5k under his asking price and he got pissed I was "low balling" him......won't return my calls. I would have paid the number if car checked out.......just a difficult seller

Thanks

Frank

It sounded from your initial post that he wasn't motivated, when someone acts that way they are pretty much telling you to take it or leave it, in that instance you should start "feeling" the vendor out right from the begging by talking price first, if you notice the subject is very sensitive and non negotiable you will know exactly where you are standing and you can prepare your next move.

Sorry to hear he was difficult to deal with, hopefully you will be able to find what you are looking for.

Owner knows place PPI would take place.......1/2 hour from his home. He has serviced his Countach in the past at the same location. Deal is probally dead at this point......I offered the seller 5k under his asking price and he got pissed I was "low balling" him......won't return my calls. I would have paid the number if car checked out.......just a difficult seller

Thanks

Frank

Move along. He sounds like a PITA

It sounded from your initial post that he wasn't motivated, when someone acts that way they are pretty much telling you to take it or leave it, in that instance you should start "feeling" the vendor out right from the begging by talking price first, if you notice the subject is very sensitive and non negotiable you will know exactly where you are standing and you can prepare your next move.

Sorry to hear he was difficult to deal with, hopefully you will be able to find what you are looking for.

Good advice.....thanks. Not many of these cars out there so your at the mercy of the seller.

PS Still can't get a price out of him lol

Good advice.....thanks. Not many of these cars out there so your at the mercy of the seller.

PS Still can't get a price out of him lol

Based on the recent conversations here the stick cars are very hard to come by, am I right?

Would you pay ask if the car checks out? Why don't you comply with all his conditions and if you feel uneasy walk at that point at least this way you will feel comfortable within yourself that you've done everything in your power to secure it and you won't live with regrets or remorse, remember the most important thing is for you to be happy for that it's worth going out of your way.

Good luck.

Based on the recent conversations here the stick cars are very hard to come by, am I right?

Would you pay ask if the car checks out? Why don't you comply with all his conditions and if you feel uneasy walk at that point at least this way you will feel comfortable within yourself that you've done everything in your power to secure it and you won't live with regrets or remorse, remember the most important thing is for you to be happy for that it's worth going out of your way.

Good luck.

Stick cars are rare, though since all US 2003's are stick I believe he means The scarcity of clean 2003's is the factor.

Stick cars are rare, though since all US 2003's are stick I believe he means The scarcity of clean 2003's is the factor.

True........to put this thing to bed. Texted owner, asked to get deal done. I offered him previous asking price in full....agreed to PPI at his location on his time frame. He came back demanding $ 10,000 over his original asking price.....I told him to forget about it. I asked him if I ran across someone looking for this car, should I direct him in his direction..... One word reply "no". I'm done at this point with this guy.....the search continues.....

Quite often folks let their ego get in the way of the deal. I was looking to buy a 240z recently that was not local and the buyer had the same attitude. Unfortunately, I still have my money and he has his car. Sometimes it's best just to move on to the next one. Life is too short to deal with jerks.

True........to put this thing to bed. Texted owner, asked to get deal done. I offered him previous asking price in full....agreed to PPI at his location on his time frame. He came back demanding $ 10,000 over his original asking price.....I told him to forget about it. I asked him if I ran across someone looking for this car, should I direct him in his direction..... One word reply "no". I'm done at this point with this guy.....the search continues.....

That's ludicrous....never understood a seller back pedaling and then asking for more than asking price.

Fortunate you didn't proceed...car is probably tainted.

Something sounds fishy. You may have hurt his feelings. Boo hoo. It's hard to do business with people that can't stick to business.