SV center lock wheel removal and re-torquing tool

drviperdds

As many SV owners are choosing to go with the center lock wheels, are there special instructions and tools for removal and remounting them? I don't know about other owners but I would like to be able to remove wheels at home if I need to without having to go the dealer. I was researching and couldn't anything about the Lamborghini ones since they're relatively new but I'm think they all basically the same principle. The Porsche GT3 uses a popping locking mechanism that prevents the main center lock nut from spinning off. They also apply a generous amount the threads and contact points with Castrol Optimol paste(anti seize). I was at a local Lambo dealer service and looked at an SV for service with the wheels off but I didn't recall seeing any of the paste stuff around the wheels nor the wheel hub. Thanks in advance.

There is some sort of locking bar mechanism on them you have to press in to move them, stops them undoing themselves, then just need a big long wrench to get the force needed to undo them.

There is some sort of locking bar mechanism on them you have to press in to move them, stops them undoing themselves, then just need a big long wrench to get the force needed to undo them.

The tool depresses the locking tab.

You need the following. I carry the breaker bar in the boot with 3/4" extensions when traveling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RT8EN...=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXUPHT...=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VAQNP...=UTF8&psc=1

The center lock tool (included in the tool bag with car) depresses the center lock. Two people are needed for safe removal. No paste.

You need the following. I carry the breaker bar in the boot with 3/4" extensions when traveling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RT8EN...=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXUPHT...=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VAQNP...=UTF8&psc=1

The center lock tool (included in the tool bag with car) depresses the center lock. Two people are needed for safe removal. No paste.

Thanks Toecutter!

I was thinking about getting this torque multiplier too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OQHR1...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• 4 months later...

I was able to dismount and remount my wheels with relative ease with the tools suggested above. I also picked up a center lock wheel guide to make the process a little easier. Its a Porsche part for their GT3's. It's a perfect fit. post-23271-1485981811_thumb.jpg

I was able to dismount and remount my wheels with relative ease with the tools suggested above. I also picked up a center lock wheel guide to make the process a little easier. Its a Porsche part for their GT3's. It's a perfect fit. IMG_3117.JPG

Where can we get this wheel guide?

great info! what are your thoughts on the car so far?

Love the looks and interior is updated compared to my Murcie. I'm having second thoughts about sport seats though. The oem exhaust will be gone very soon and a full IPE titanium system in its place. The Corsa mode is very addictive at higher rpm but exhaust notes suck in this mode for some reason. The best exhaust note is definitely in Sport mode.

Front bonnet is aggravating in that one have to pop it from the inside after doors open. I'm working on a solution by adding a solenoid to pop the lid after pressing the oem key fob unlock button twice. I have already got the lid to pop with the installed solenoid, just to find out which wire is the unlock signal and the best place to access it. Once all is sorted, will post up write up if anyone wants to tackle the task. I'm all Avent owners will benefit from this modification. Don't understand why Lambo didn't make this standard to begin with.

Love the looks and interior is updated compared to my Murcie. I'm having second thoughts about sport seats though. The oem exhaust will be gone very soon and a full IPE titanium system in its place. The Corsa mode is very addictive at higher rpm but exhaust notes suck in this mode for some reason. The best exhaust note is definitely in Sport mode.

Front bonnet is aggravating in that one have to pop it from the inside after doors open. I'm working on a solution by adding a solenoid to pop the lid after pressing the oem key fob unlock button twice. I have already got the lid to pop with the installed solenoid, just to find out which wire is the unlock signal and the best place to access it. Once all is sorted, will post up write up if anyone wants to tackle the task. I'm all Avent owners will benefit from this modification. Don't understand why Lambo didn't make this standard to begin with.

I went with the comfort seats for this exact reason. are you keeping the factory cats?

I went with the kreisseg and it sounds good!

good info, TY

I went with the comfort seats for this exact reason. are you keeping the factory cats?

I went with the kreisseg and it sounds good!

good info, TY

I got the full system so the cats will be gone, not sure if I'll get the CEL codes or not. They said that I won't so we'll see.post-23271-1486057261_thumb.jpg

I got the full system so the cats will be gone, not sure if I'll get the CEL codes or not. They said that I won't so we'll see.post-23271-1486057261_thumb.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!

That exhaust looks very good, what made you chose it over some of the other offerings ?

I went with them because its all titanium, the quality of the welds is superb. The complete weighs next to nothing, can hold up the exhaust with one finger. The test pipes even come with thermal jackets as well. A few other members of my Gia Lai rally team have this system in SS and they sound ridiculously fierce. Supposedly, the sound is even crazier in the titanium version. Last, I was able to get the hookup through a friend at wholesale cost too. :icon_mrgreen:

I went with them because its all titanium, the quality of the welds is superb. The complete weighs next to nothing, can hold up the exhaust with one finger. The test pipes even come with thermal jackets as well. A few other members of my Gia Lai rally team have this system in SS and they sound ridiculously fierce. Supposedly, the sound is even crazier in the titanium version. Last, I was able to get the hookup through a friend at wholesale cost too. :icon_mrgreen:

Can you post some videos please ?? Also can you PM me a price? If the factory does not get their act together I will start looking at after market solutions.

That was exactly what I was asking. Thank you sir . There are just so few 6spd cars and I was curious which you owned (or at least what spec). Congrats, beautiful cars.

I was finally able to find time and do the full system install. The process was no cake walk as factory lamb techs are magicians and they were able to fit in stuff that you can't get out. Well with will power and a reciprocating saw I was able to get the left cats out. There was no issues on the right side. I ran the car today for an hour without any issues, no engine codes. She sounds proper now and down shifing blurps are orgasmic.

post-23271-1486874630_thumb.jpgpost-23271-1486874739_thumb.jpgpost-23271-1486874833_thumb.jpgpost-23271-1486874905_thumb.jpg

post-23271-1486874681_thumb.jpg

post-23271-1486874771_thumb.jpg