URUS ready

Albert-LP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good engine, unfortunately it will be a more expensive rebodied and rebadged Cayenne.

No, Fortis, it isn't at all. It's a car engineered and developed here at Sant' A gata, with a lot of esclusive features. Yes, it will have a lot of Audi switches and so on, the V8 twin turbocharged is a development of the Audi (and Bentley) one, but the car is a Lamborghini and not an Audi nor a Porsche. It will differ from the Porsche Cayenne much more than the LP640 Performante from an Audi R8. Much and much more: trust me.

I don't have a gain on Lamborghini sales, so I can say what I know and I have no reason to tell lies!

Ciao

I understand Fortis' comment and concerns on the Urus especially after seeing the Audi Q7 compared to the Bentley Bentayga; the latter is a joke especially at that price. The chassis on the Urus will be very similar to the Cayenne and like Albert said, many many parts will have the VW and the 4-Ring logo on the underside, but from what I've seen and heard, that's where the similarities end. Assuming there are no radical changes in the last 10months, a lot of styling motifs on the Urus' interior are inspired from one of the current models and the body will be instantly recognizable by having the styling DNA of the current lineup. Probably not on the launch car but there should a a few choices on the powertrain down the road.

No, Fortis, it isn't at all. It's a car engineered and developed here at Sant' A gata, with a lot of esclusive features. Yes, it will have a lot of Audi switches and so on, the V8 twin turbocharged is a development of the Audi (and Bentley) one, but the car is a Lamborghini and not an Audi nor a Porsche. It will differ from the Porsche Cayenne much more than the LP640 Performante from an Audi R8. Much and much more: trust me.

I don't have a gain on Lamborghini sales, so I can say what I know and I have no reason to tell lies!

Ciao

Thank you Albert, I trust you my friend, I can't wait to see it, thank you as always for first hand info :turboalex:

• 4 weeks later...

Five years from concept to production is a relatively long development process.

Curious to see the final styling.

I wonder how the design process evolved since the concept unveiling at Shanghai in April 2012.

To those that have seen production spec how does it compare to concept, and to what depth are the design changes?

Wondering if production styling is going to be the equivalent of the concept's "mid-cycle refresh", and if the Urus will look dated on arrival.

Thank you Albert, I trust you my friend, I can't wait to see it, thank you as always for first hand info :turboalex:

good to know. I have one on order and I am already thinking it will be with me in Italy in 2018 as we do England to Japan in gumball3000

I hope the Urus will be a bit more aggressive than what we can see in the spy photos....

I was wishing for a V10, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I was told to hold off on buying it from my friend in Lambo (in Italy) he said "trust me man, wait for that Baller edition"

I went ahead and ordered the regular launch Urus and I 100% always pick up my cars that I ordered, I just say this because that leads me to believe there will be a "bad ass" or "baller" version in the future. BTW I ordered the first customer car from Jacquiline the sales person at Manhattan Motorcars... I am loyal to them without exception and for good reasons.., I really have great sales and service experience there and they never lie... if they don't know something they admit it... they don't promise what they cant deliver... and the service ... it is a huge reason I never moved into any brand that was not solod by Manhattan Motorcars (I got 5 new lambos in 7 years ...a lotus and bentley from them too and recently started to trade in lambos to them with confidence)

How about this for a 'baller' edition:

2018_urus_test_mule_3.jpg

Wider, color coded wheel arches

Lower riding height

More aggressive front styling

Special side sills

Rear wing :icon_super:

Different grille pattern

Air vents in engine cover

Carbon exterior rear view mirrors

Power output ... I'll let your imagination run wild ...

I really wish Lamborghini wouldn't produce this as it dilutes the brand in my opinion. So many other good choices for SUV. Personally I'd get a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, G63 or G65 over this any day, just from a usability standpoint.

I was told to hold off on buying it from my friend in Lambo (in Italy) he said "trust me man, wait for that Baller edition"

I went ahead and ordered the regular launch Urus and I 100% always pick up my cars that I ordered, I just say this because that leads me to believe there will be a "bad ass" or "baller" version in the future. BTW I ordered the first customer car from Jacquiline the sales person at Manhattan Motorcars... I am loyal to them without exception and for good reasons.., I really have great sales and service experience there and they never lie... if they don't know something they admit it... they don't promise what they cant deliver... and the service ... it is a huge reason I never moved into any brand that was not solod by Manhattan Motorcars (I got 5 new lambos in 7 years ...a lotus and bentley from them too and recently started to trade in lambos to them with confidence)

What Lotus do you have?

I really wish Lamborghini wouldn't produce this as it dilutes the brand in my opinion. So many other good choices for SUV. Personally I'd get a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, G63 or G65 over this any day, just from a usability standpoint.

Tend to agree with you but at the end of the day it's all about the profits and from the looks of it the Urus should be a very successful vehicle for Lambo. Lets just hope the profits translate to more money for R&D for future models like the Aventador replacement and eventually the Huracan.

:iamwithstupid:

Doesn't sound very exciting.

Incredible how quiet my SV was coming from factory ... what county is causing these cars to sound like a Toyota prius? mazzerati sounds beast and my SV needed a factory upgrade ...

• 5 months later...