I have an 08 Gallardo with the following Fabspeed items:

- Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust

- Catbypass pipes

- Universal O2 spacers

- Quad style tips

- Silicone intake hoses

- Carbon fiber air box covers

- BMC F1 filters

My problem is that I continue to get a check engine light with the following codes:

P047F = Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Stuck Open

P1317 = Bank 1 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Malfunction

P1318 = Bank 2 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Malfunction

Reading through the forum, this appears to be a fairly common thing. Resetting the code is a pain. I've had the car checked at the dealer and there are no other issues with the vehicle - the error codes are specific to the aftermarket exhaust install. From what I gather it is due to the Fabspeed exhaust not having valves... and the ECU expecting to see backpressure. I've read of some folks using a 560ohm, 1 watt resistor inline with the wiring, but, have not actually been able to talk to anyone who has actually done it.

Any idea how to permanently fix this short of putting the stock exhaust back in or having to spend an additional $1500 for 04-05 Kalvico sensors?

• 1 year later...

Hi can I reopen this topic? It seems people are not paying much mind to it. I have the same problem and would like to fix it. Is it computer logic? Car ran fine for a while, it does have aftermarket pipes. The valve is capped off. The cap seems to be rotting, could it be that? Maybe letting vacuum thru? Could it be the actual valve being bad itself? Or do you think it could be a vacuum problem somewhere else? It doesn't seem like much of a complicated system. Unless I don't know the logic then it can be very complicated. Could it have something with the backfire tubes that get clogged? How come some guys run ok with the modification and some don't? Its an 07 G Coupe. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

• 9 months later...