Diablo Exhaust vs Murcielago Exhaust

Double

Considering changing exhaust but most sound clips available are of Murcielago. When compared with Diablo - it seems that the newer model is more high-pitched/"F1-sounding". Diablo exhaust just doesn't seem to have that - no matter which aftermarket exhaust. Abolfaz - does your catless Tubi system have the high-pitched racing sound to it at high revs?

Thoughts?

Currently have an unknown aftermarket system on, now. It's loud(er), but low/deep.

The primary cat pipes and flanges are the same and the chassis is the same, the secondary pipes to muffler flanges are different. To run a Murci exhaust you would need, Murci secondary/muffler section and 02-06 tips.

Also, the 6.0 uses tips similar to the early Murci.

I like Allan's Diablo GT style tips.

check out the SP diablo that alex posted a while back. maybe he can chime in? or Allan can help out?

show LP the car this is going on! (perfect 10 IMO) :eek3dance: :headbang:

Considering changing exhaust but most sound clips available are of Murcielago. When compared with Diablo - it seems that the newer model is more high-pitched/"F1-sounding". Diablo exhaust just doesn't seem to have that - no matter which aftermarket exhaust. Abolfaz - does your catless Tubi system have the high-pitched racing sound to it at high revs?

Thoughts?

Currently have an unknown aftermarket system on, now. It's loud(er), but low/deep.

I have found this to be the case as well, although the Diablo can sound awesome, it does not have the high pitch like the Murcies do.

I have Fabspeed exhaust on my DR, it sounds amazing at 2700rpm and deafening above 6000.

My custom SP exhaust sounds wicked!

I just bought an MS Racing exhaust. Going to try it without the secondary cats before pulling the primaries.

It currently has a Johnny/JCM chop-job but I can't live with that.

I just bought an MS Racing exhaust. Going to try it without the secondary cats before pulling the primaries.

Howard, I am cat less with a tubi. No high pitch sound, imo it's perfect.

did you look up Kreissieg, their exhaust has a really nice high pitch, probably the only high pitch exhaust for the Diablo.

Sup - thanks for all of the videos. Sounds great. Just too pricey for me.

Robberbaron - sounds perfect. When you lay on it in second and third at speed it's just awesome. Kudos.

FYI, the shorter the exhaust the higher pitched it is. I think this is why the LP640's sound higher pitched than the other cars since they have the bypass pipes.

The fact the displacement, cams & head flow rate is different between Diablo and Murci likely plays the major part though.

nice! cant wait to see this!

I love the low pitched rumble of the Diablo - like thunder rolling. Lambos are supposed to be low pitched. When I hear high pitch, I think Ferrari, not Lambo.

FYI, the shorter the exhaust the higher pitched it is. I think this is why the LP640's sound higher pitched than the other cars since they have the bypass pipes.

I was thinking about putting an aftermarket exhaust for a Murcielago to try to get to F1 sound. But I've already committed to the MS Racing Diablo, so that's what it will be.

The fact the displacement, cams & head flow rate is different between Diablo and Murci likely plays the major part though.

You think so? I mean, there's only .2L difference between a 2001 Diablo and a 2002-2006 Murcielago. Yet I can't recall ever hearing a 6.0 making that high-pitched sound.

I was thinking about putting an aftermarket exhaust for a Murcielago to try to get to F1 sound. But I've already committed to the MS Racing Diablo, so that's what it will be.

You think so? I mean, there's only .2L difference between a 2001 Diablo and a 2002-2006 Murcielago. Yet I can't recall ever hearing a 6.0 making that high-pitched sound.

header design is critical for a high pitch, a proper design can fundamentally change the type of sound an engine makes, the stock Diablo headers aren't suited for a high pitch.

have you looked into getting a custom 6 to 1 header set, there is a Japanese company that has made one, but it is expensive. I think you could find a shop in the US to fabricate a set for a lower cost.

header design is critical for a high pitch, a proper design can fundamentally change the type of sound an engine makes, the stock Diablo headers aren't suited for a high pitch.

have you looked into getting a custom 6 to 1 header set, there is a Japanese company that has made one, but it is expensive. I think you could find a shop in the US to fabricate a set for a lower cost.

THANK-YOU! This is the explanation that I was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the full MS Racing setup, including headers. Definitely a higher pitch screamer but I don't you can exactly duplicate a Murci tone.

I have the full MS Racing setup, including headers. Definitely a higher pitch screamer but I don't you can exactly duplicate a Murci tone.

Thanks Phil