Gallardo Starter heak soaked?? Possible solution.

Andy Rhim

Hey guys, I am fortunate enough to have acquired a 04 gallardo e-gear. It drives excellent and I enjoy every aspect of the vehicle. I am a car enthusiast and have owned multiple exotic vehicles (ferrari 360, 911 turbo, 13 srt viper, 98 viper gts, 03 mamba viper, s/c lotus elise) but the G is a whole new experience. The car does have one minor issue that is starting to bother me. I have done some research to find any information but came out empty handed. There are a few people that had the same symptoms but never posted a resolution. The car starts up perfectly cold start and when it warms up it is hard to re-start (assuming the starter is too hot which means too much resistance in the wires/starter.) If it sits and cools down for a while, it starts right up and the battery checks out fine. Has anyone tried to wrap the starter with heat shield material? I plan on trying that out and will keep everyone posted.

-Andy

Make sure the connection of the power cable to starter is good. This includes the 13mm nut behind the cable remove it and tighten the nut then reinstall. Then ck the ground cable from the battery to the chassis.

Put a tool on the 13mm bolt that connects the ground cable to the chassis. Good chance they are both loose.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I am fortunate enough to have acquired a 04 gallardo e-gear. It drives excellent and I enjoy every aspect of the vehicle. I am a car enthusiast and have owned multiple exotic vehicles (ferrari 360, 911 turbo, 13 srt viper, 98 viper gts, 03 mamba viper, s/c lotus elise) but the G is a whole new experience. The car does have one minor issue that is starting to bother me. I have done some research to find any information but came out empty handed. There are a few people that had the same symptoms but never posted a resolution. The car starts up perfectly cold start and when it warms up it is hard to re-start (assuming the starter is too hot which means too much resistance in the wires/starter.) If it sits and cools down for a while, it starts right up and the battery checks out fine. Has anyone tried to wrap the starter with heat shield material? I plan on trying that out and will keep everyone posted.

-Andy

Hi Andy.

The starter on a G is so exposed to fresh air that I hardly see a heat issue here, sure it gets warm but it is miles away from the exhaust and juts out from the engine block too.

How many miles on the car Andy?

Might just need a starter overhaul, if the wiring is all ok.

Mark.