Lowest Priced Aventador Yet

IanMan

I agree it's a great price if it sells for ~$170k but it looks like the reserve isn't met yet so we'll see what/if it sells for.

I was looking at this 2012 Aventador a few months ago that came in as a trade at the Vancouver dealer. It had around 20,000 km's and it sold for around $280k us dollars.

2012-lambo-aventador-white_33-1170x700.j

2012-lambo-aventador-white_2-1170x700.jp

Here is another in that ballpark. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/ve...02509&Log=0

And a nice gray car https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/6...59816/overview/

There was a yellow one on the market last week that was about the same mileage in the $250s.

My guess is that many '12s are $250 cars come January, maybe better wholesale.

Makes me ask myself (not that I could afford one anyways) is a SV really $400k better? . . .

I've also read that Lambo no longer provides services updates for the 2012 and 2013+'s have various "updates" that the 2012's didn't get. Still a lot of money to gamble on a car that might spend more time at the dealer getting stuff fixed.

FWIW, the grey one is a salvage. No question the '12's are dropping, its inevitable with the amount of cars Lambo is producing and the years and miles are starting to add up.

Ah, then toss that one out of the sample set. Clearly a huge impact on price.

The drop is really gonna come when the Aventador 2.0 is announced in March at the Geneva show. Its gonna be like how the regular Gallardos dropped when the LP560 came out!

The drop is really gonna come when the Aventador 2.0 is announced in March at the Geneva show. Its gonna be like how the regular Gallardos dropped when the LP560 came out!

Most agreed. I said that the Aventador would be the fastest depreciating flagship car, but let's see by how much.

I think it's holding up pretty well even at the low figures, it's nearly 5 years old, in today's fast moving car world that's stone age old.

I think it's holding up pretty well even at the low figures, it's nearly 5 years old, in today's fast moving car world that's stone age old.

I agree. Value being reduced by 40% over 5 years really isn't that crazy in the car world. Shoot, McLarens do that as soon as you drive them off of the lot.

I agree. Value being reduced by 40% over 5 years really isn't that crazy in the car world. Shoot, McLarens do that as soon as you drive them off of the lot.

That is an excellent point!

Yup, actually most British cars drop like rocks. Aston are 50% after 2-3 years. Bentleys and RR have fire sales too.

Agree 100% its held up well

Yes. A low mile 12 is still a >$300k car. MSRP was $407-425k then so that is a 75% residual after 60 months. That is better than any lease would be set up and other than a few market anomalies, it is just about as good as it gets. $1,500 per month in depreciation for the coolest car you could by that year is tough to argue with.