Hanging out with the F15's

Kevin M.

Funny enough, I did someting similar this weekend. My buddy is squadron commander for a F15 fighter group out of Warner Robbins. Went down for the airshow this weekend at his home base, those planes are amazing. Sadly, I didn't have a Lambo there with me. Great pics man.

Hey THANKS for supporting the Troops! Our weekend at Vandenberg AFB was cancelled due the forest fires the Base had been fighting. I pulled up to the gate and the Security Force said , "Sorry Sir, the Base has been evacuated except for emergency personnel" The "Flying tennis court, aka F-15, is still pretty cool ( I flew F-16 Vipers, smaller, much more agile but not as fast top end) but the NEW stuff F=33, F=35 are another leap in tecnology, though the venerable B-53 in the background still carries the load...

post-10721-1475740212_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1475740265_thumb.jpg

Hey THANKS for supporting the Troops! Our weekend at Vandenberg AFB was cancelled due the forest fires the Base had been fighting. I pulled up to the gate and the Security Force said , "Sorry Sir, the Base has been evacuated except for emergency personnel" The "Flying tennis court, aka F-15, is still pretty cool ( I flew F-16 Vipers, smaller, much more agile but not as fast top end) but the NEW stuff F=33, F=35 are another leap in tecnology, though the venerable B-53 in the background still carries the load...

Thanks Guys!

Wow very cool pic of your Diablo! I believe I met you at Concorso 2015, we share the same name correct?

Wow what a rush I assume to fly an F16!

The one on the left is putting out about 40,000 lbs. of thrust per motor...slips straight through the Mach and beyond at mil power and is the ultimate battlefield quarterback...is perfectly controllable post-stall and points its nose whenever it wants, wherever it wants, and employs weapons like a Hollywood hitman. The enemy would be wise to be scared shitless. The jury is still out for the one on the right, but I have faith that we'll make it work because that's what Americans do. The blue one is just timeless sex on wheels!

The one on the left is putting out about 40,000 lbs. of thrust per motor...slips straight through the Mach and beyond at mil power and is the ultimate battlefield quarterback...is perfectly controllable post-stall and points its nose whenever it wants, wherever it wants, and employs weapons like a Hollywood hitman. The enemy would be wise to be scared shitless. The jury is still out for the one on the right, but I have faith that we'll make it work because that's what Americans do. The blue one is just timeless sex on wheels!

I love hearing the inter airframe rivalry amongst you guys. Y'all got jokes. I heard this weekend that the cheapest way to get an F-16 is to buy an acre of land outside of the Air Force base in Nevada. It was also called a "lawn dart". You could probably start a thread and fill it with endless comments.

The Raptor is the coolest looking plane I have ever seen. We stayed in Mexico Beach a few weeks ago and my son and I drove down to the bridge and watched the Raptors fly out of Tyndall AFB. Unreal how cool they are. I know nothing about the new plane, but it seems to have had some problems, as I am sure they all do, but I never understood the need for it in the first place. The F-22 seemed to be more than enough.

Yes however me and Single Seat would both tell you that fast starts at a mile every six seconds and accelerates from there (unless your in a Hog trying to keep some young Marines alive) then it dont matter how fast you can go . only how many of our Guys you can keep alive

For those who don't know, the tail code on this D-model Eagle from Kadena that StoleIt just posted means the jet was ordered in 1983! That sucker is VINTAGE! And still going!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know your jets are older than that, StoleIt.

For those who don't know, the tail code on this D-model Eagle from Kadena that StoleIt just posted means the jet was ordered in 1983! That sucker is VINTAGE! And still going!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know your jets are older than that, StoleIt.

Lots of C/D model Hornets up here. Wonder how they will do...I'll sit in on the shot val.

Last RF-A a Hawg got a confirmed AIM-9 shot on the Red Air. It was hilarious and there was a slow clap in the audience.