pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

My brother immigrated legally. Took 14 years.

To which I would ask him, "was it worth it?"

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents left from Yugoslavia in the middle of the night in 1970. Lived in Italy and worked in a farm like slaves for a year while waiting for all paperwork to go through. Catholic church group was helping. My father was the most patriotic man that I knew. He would do it all over again if he had to.

My Dad's family moved from Sicily to Youngstown, Ohio in the late '50s while he was a young kid. The stories he told me about the struggle to make ends meet and put food on the table were unreal.....welfare would have been like hitting the lottery, literally. They moved to New York in the '60s and eventually started to get by more easily.

Mom came by herself to New York City in the early '70s from Brazil not knowing much English. NYC was rough back then, and there never was a significant Brazilian community to lean on compared to other groups....even now.

Both worked hard and made it happen.....and are completely happy they did it.

They have no issues with Trump's immigration proposals.

It's not just 5th generation 'MURICA that approves.

What you don't get is that this is a negotiation, where Trump is stomping on their heads, I made a comment here before about that exact technique/tactic, people with balls negotiate in this manner, they make themselves indispensable to you then they bend you over and make you call them daddy and you have zero choice but to do what they say.

So Fortis, genuine question, but should one be careful with this approach as well? Because the thing is, if you bend over the guy, at some point in the future if you're in the position of weakness and need his help, he is going to bend you over AND make you suck his cock, for revenge, right?

At any point in the future if you're in the position of weakness and need his help, he is going to bend you over AND make you suck his cock, just because.

Fixed. As stated earlier, national interest come before friendship.

So Fortis, genuine question, but should one be careful with this approach as well? Because the thing is, if you bend over the guy, at some point in the future if you're in the position of weakness and need his help, he is going to bend you over AND make you suck his cock, for revenge, right?

That´s actually one of the most intelligent statements I´ve seen from you.

Of course you can´t just fcuk over people and "stomp their heads" if you have to deal with them ever again(unless you are in a position of absolut power, think kid and parents which is seldomly the case in the political world).

Anyone who tells you otherwise(here, or anywhere else in life) has either no clue or is just lying to himself/stroking his ego about this whole trump thing.

But don´t take my word for it.

Go try it out in real life.

Or just go read some books some CIA/FBI hostage negotiation tactics, or harvard business tactics if you want some more theory first.

I agree, he will pull it off with mexico.

I am more worried about china and russia(I doubt him and putin will stay friends) and also about the way he seems to be changing morals and the view of the public on what´s a good, respectful and productive way to treat each other in general.

He is radicalizing the world and that is ok to some extent to break up the old system, but I fear he will be taking it too far.

I can't remember who it is..Kinesella?..who grows Avocados, but looks like your business will be booming if Trump enacts the 20% tax on Mexican imports including..Avocados!

I am more worried about china and russia(I doubt him and putin will stay friends) and also about the way he seems to be changing morals and the view of the public on what´s a good, respectful and productive way to treat each other in general.

Can you clarify that? Exactly what morals are you referring to?

Correct.

Delusions are abounding with respect to what trump is and isnt.

He is radicalizing the world and that is ok to some extent to break up the old system, but I fear he will be taking it too far.

You guys have been right about everything related to the election and presidency up to this point so I'm sure you're dead on with these points as well.

I think the worlds just a little shellshocked because they've seen a giant do nothing pussy leading the country for the last eight years and now there's somebody out there doing exactly what he said he would do and exactly what a huge portion of this country elected him to do and not pussyfooting about it and everyone is freaking out

When will the U.S ever need Mexico more than Mexico needs the U.S?

You've obviously never watched the 2004 classic, "The Day After Tomorrow". Once global warming reaches a critical mass, the earth will take it upon herself to fix...er....herself by ushering in a new ice age...at that point, the continental US will have no choice but to immigrate south to Mexico, where el Presidente will be waiting with a handful of lube! Either that or hang out in the New York Public Library. :icon_mrgreen:

Someone made a post on reddit today regarding a rough idea of the possible materials needed for a 1900 mile long wall...pretty impressive list of shit needed...not sure how accurate the estimates were, but it was something along the lines of over 12.5 million cubic yards of concrete?

For those of you who deal in construction, does that sound about right? I think they were assuming a wall 20 ft over grade level, 5 ft below grade level, in 10 ft sections, with some footers (whatever those are) in between each section. The wall itself would be like a 18 inches thick or maybe more? Would it be possible to construct such a structure (1900 miles long through desert and mountainous terrain) within 4 years?

Yes China is super moral, they build islands in the south china sea and set up military bases on them... sure the neighbors feel super great about that. Hack the US more then any other country. Essentially the US kept kissing their ass, handing them the US economy on a silver platter... US innovation like the iphone.... they set up factories in china to manufacture them, put Americans out of work doing so, then they have the nerve to threaten the States.. that they will hold back Apple shipments... Its about time someone finally put their foot down against them. Honestly in the long run it hurts the Chinese people as well, they wont keep working for pennies on the dollar in sub human conditions to make a few people billionaires forever

Maybe HRC could be the President of the corvette club...

She's already a big POS so I feel like it would work. :la:

Yes China is super moral, they build islands in the south china sea and set up military bases on them... sure the neighbors feel super great about that. Hack the US more then any other country. Essentially the US kept kissing their ass, handing them the US economy on a silver platter... US innovation like the iphone.... they set up factories in china to manufacture them, put Americans out of work doing so, then they have the nerve to threaten the States.. that they will hold back Apple shipments... Its about time someone finally put their foot down against them. Honestly in the long run it hurts the Chinese people as well, they wont keep working for pennies on the dollar in sub human conditions to make a few people billionaires forever

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it seems Chinese have made a pretty hefty middle class off all that, and the idea is that they are going to be the ones now buying the stuff they've been manufacturing all this time. That's when China will have a more powerful position talking to US.

And that's the shift of power! Also what happens to the planet when a population of that size starts consumption at a North American level.. There isn't enough farm land on earth to support it

You guys have been right about everything related to the election and presidency up to this point so I'm sure you're dead on with these points as well.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

"Yeah trump gonna show em and build a wall with tanks and shit!"

/Idiots.

Im convinced I saw you at the LA womans march against Trump on Tv..

This is you right?

3034fa3e026467cdee93b90636ca0087.jpg