pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

I have been a very proud member of LP for avery long time, I go away for a while for my own reasons, but I come back. My thoughts this time on my return there is an enormous amount of racism hatred/bigotry on this forum. More than norm and rather unacceptable.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not hung up on the wikileaks letter. I'm sure every major candidate in every election solicited the Russians and damn-near everyone else. McCain is an old dude, that much is certain. Some things he says are bound to ring true, while others are bound to cause consternation. I give the man a wide berth because he's earned it, but I acknowledge that he is going to have some different things to say than most of us because most of us aren't 80yo war hero Naval strike figher pilot POWs...I would hope that such men would enlighten us as to what they think. That doesn't mean he, or anyone else, gets a free pass for being the saltiest dog, but criticizing him is a whole different ball game than criticizing a law professor/community-activist-whatever-the-fcuk. I think he willingly opens himself up for criticism because his life has given him an unusually clear picture of the fucks he gives vs. the fucks he doesn't give...hard to see for the rest of us who haven't seen the same things. All-in-all, I'm comfortable with McCain because he's a balancing force and that's how our government should be populated. He's not an extremist and is still a critical thinker, unlike where intellects in our country are headed.

...My thoughts this time on my return there is an enormous amount of racism hatred/bigotry on this forum. More than norm and rather unacceptable.
What have you seen that makes you say that?

:D Dude, people on the Internet have been creating false information about the administration in office since like the invention of the Internet.

Puff puff pass

You right.

Nah becoming way more radical though. With intention of protests. Vandalism. Etc.

Time to buy more Bitcoin.

Puff puff pass

You right.

Nah becoming way more radical though. With intention of protests. Vandalism. Etc.

Time to buy more Bitcoin.

It's at $1,150/btc now :)

I have been a very proud member of LP for avery long time, I go away for a while for my own reasons, but I come back. My thoughts this time on my return there is an enormous amount of racism hatred/bigotry on this forum. More than norm and rather unacceptable.

What you see on here is what you see out there. Highly divisive powderkeg, two sides with heels dug in. This is the cancer cycle now, both sides look for evidence to support their position, gloat when they find it, the cycle continues. There's no collaboration or unity.

John McCain was shot down over Vietnam by a Russian-made SA-2 surface to air missile. He was a POW for 5.5 years, severely injured, starved, and tortured with two years of solitary confinement. Refused early release before other prisoners when he was used as a political toy by his captors. In other words, brass f-king balls bigger than anyone else on this forum by a metric shit ton.

Speaks for itself........(drops the mike and walks away.....)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zO0mHEJyC3Y

Speaks for itself........(drops the mike and walks away.....)

Fixed your link:

Meh he was a survivor not a hero in my books. We got taken hostage in Nigeria and a few of my crew was killed, I survived, it doesn't make me a hero. Lots of brave men and women have suffered physical and mental wounds fighting for their country and performing acts of bravery. McCain became a millionaire and has lived a good life because of his ordeal, while the others live in abject poverty.

It's at $1,150/btc now :)

Feel like a dumbass. Didn't see the significance until later. People were telling me to become a miner and could buy it for next to nothing back around 2010 . Still a speculation currency but if it ever gets adopted....

Sorry for the OT

What you see on here is what you see out there. Highly divisive powderkeg, two sides with heels dug in. This is the cancer cycle now, both sides look for evidence to support their position, gloat when they find it, the cycle continues. There's no collaboration or unity.

Nailed it. And the internet is facilitating this process in a major, major way.

Feel like a dumbass. Didn't see the significance until later. People were telling me to become a miner and could buy it for next to nothing back around 2010 . Still a speculation currency but if it ever gets adopted....

Sorry for the OT

Yeah it's all gambling and speculation. I traded 1 BTC for ETH during the presale. Currently my ETH is worth $25.5k and BTC at the time was worth around $500. In hindsight I should have traded all my BTC lol.

If you think that's bad, me and my brother mined a bunch of BTC and put them away in a wallet back when they were cheap. Now that the price has shot up we were going to sell, but my brother suddenly died and he was the one with the password to the wallet.......

In terms of courage and character, he strikes me as a great man, but in terms of a politician, he strikes me as woefully lacking in many ways.

Grab em by the pussy!!!

Meh he was a survivor not a hero in my books. We got taken hostage in Nigeria and a few of my crew was killed, I survived, it doesn't make me a hero. Lots of brave men and women have suffered physical and mental wounds fighting for their country and performing acts of bravery. McCain became a millionaire and has lived a good life because of his ordeal, while the others live in abject poverty.

You're right that being captive doesn't make one a hero. But I never said that. This guy flew off a boat into that SAM-infested flak forest in a single-engine attack jet on purpose and he refused an early release on purpose to prove a point. That's some heroic shit. It's also true that lots of other guys did that and they're no less heroic. Also true that many others died trying.

That he became wealthy is no surprise. I know a lot of fighter pilots who do very well for themselves after the military. Fighter pilots are smart people -- the kind of people who are generally smart enough to do anything they want in life, and the choices arrayed before them are wider than most as a result. Like dreaming little kids, they scoff tradition or practicality and choose fighter pilot. These aren't average ducks who just stumble into whatever. These are people who make grabbing life by the balls into a varsity sport. I don't know of any silver spoons in western fighter pilot culture because everyone in it has to fight to be in it and every day in it is a test.

I'm actually pretty neutral on McCain, and he's certainly not a perfect man. The problem is blind criticism. If we're comparing man-to-man, people like Obama are insignificant trolls who have achieved very little by comparison and proven themselves in glaringly few ways. There are far more people in line ahead of John McCain who are worthy of some harsh criticism and it becomes easy to forget a man's trials when they're so long ago, especially with politics as a career choice clouding opinions.

^^ Sorry to say but McCain is a traitor. When captured he cooperated with the enemy. To get an idea what this man is about see what his fellow captives had to say about how he sold them out.

Hero???!!!...like Trump said......NOT!!

And on top of everything else he is a reckless war hawk!

Not sure about racism but everyone's taking things way to heart.

I don't think people are too bad here, lots of bandwagon though, and since it is just getting rolling, lots of barking, very little biting will happen. We are all here over the appreciation of wonderful cars, so nobody can be that bad if we can find some common ground... right?

You're right that being captive doesn't make one a hero. But I never said that. This guy flew off a boat into that SAM-infested flak forest in a single-engine attack jet on purpose and he refused an early release on purpose to prove a point. That's some heroic shit. It's also true that lots of other guys did that and they're no less heroic. Also true that many others died trying.

That he became wealthy is no surprise. I know a lot of fighter pilots who do very well for themselves after the military. Fighter pilots are smart people -- the kind of people who are generally smart enough to do anything they want in life, and the choices arrayed before them are wider than most as a result. Like dreaming little kids, they scoff tradition or practicality and choose fighter pilot. These aren't average ducks who just stumble into whatever. These are people who make grabbing life by the balls into a varsity sport. I don't know of any silver spoons in western fighter pilot culture because everyone in it has to fight to be in it and every day in it is a test.

I'm actually pretty neutral on McCain, and he's certainly not a perfect man. The problem is blind criticism. If we're comparing man-to-man, people like Obama are insignificant trolls who have achieved very little by comparison and proven themselves in glaringly few ways. There are far more people in line ahead of John McCain who are worthy of some harsh criticism and it becomes easy to forget a man's trials when they're so long ago, especially with politics as a career choice clouding opinions.

100%... Never a moments doubt fighter pilots 100% respect!! Also agreed... the Obamas, Tudeaus, Clintons are no where compared to the guys that lived through some of the most hellish events a person can imagine for their country.

I am certainly no McCain fan, every chance he gets he wants to restart the cold war. Also his involvement in the SNL crisis was hardly a shining moment. That said it's pretty rich for Trump to criticize anybody's war record since he got five deferments to avoid the draft one of which was for a bull shit medical reason.

I am certainly no McCain fan, every chance he gets he wants to restart the cold war. Also his involvement in the SNL crisis was hardly a shining moment. That said it's pretty rich for Trump to criticize anybody's war record since he got five deferments to avoid the draft one of which was for a bull shit medical reason.

:iamwithstupid:

Trumps "I like people who don't get caught" comment was just fcuking awful. The guy has a lot to criticize but him being a POW was not One of them

C'mon, bone spurs are a HELL ON EARTH :lol2:

Second only to having to navigate the MINEFIELD that was the sex scene in NY in the 80s!!!!

Youre extra spunky today. Is it because you have to go back to using the Mens bathroom? :lol2: