pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

It amazes me, that in the midst of the left losing this election, you all just want to see the total collapse of the current government. Beyond short sited. The epitome of "crying, taking my ball, and going home" because you didn't get your way.

No I just want to see some angry 3 AM tweets :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me, that in the midst of the left losing this election, you all just want to see the total collapse of the current government. Beyond short sited. The epitome of "crying, taking my ball, and going home" because you didn't get your way.

They're doing wonders for their future. They're making such issues out of non issues ( not specifically talking about Russia/sessions) i.e.: Conways knees on the couch while taking a picture) that when an actual large issue will come up inevitably, nobody will listen because it will sound just like every other false alarm. Its very appreciated

:lol2: Now that I get!

No one wants the government to fail but sometimes you just wanna say "I told you so" when it comes to things like "draining the swamp" which he hasn't seem to have done at all...on this issue both sides, left and right, were hoping he would take action. Signing executive orders on a whim which ends up negatively affecting huge numbers of people who legally hold visas and green-cards... c'mon...let's be real that didn't stop any terrorism, it caused nothing but harm and chaos.

I think some of their intentions are good but not as well thought-out as they could be. Let's take Syrian refugees for example. You want to stop terrorism, you want to end ISIS...why not accept the refugees rather than sending them back to the hell-hole that they tried to escape. Frankly...for every person that's sent back there's a chance they get recruited...they've already lost everything and once their families are killed or kidnapped what else do they have to lose? All they need at that point is someone to whisper in their ear and remind them of how the US didn't help them in their time of need and as a result they've lost their family and then you've got another ISIS recruit on your hands.

Not to mention Trump's said there's "millions of refugees" flooding the country uncontrolled which isn't even remotely true and flat out fear mongering. I don't expect people on the right to have the same viewpoints as people on the left, but I do hold people to the standard that they keep their leaders in check. Issues like this aren't grounds for hyperbole. They need to be dealt with using facts.

The democratic, anti trump (Anti-American) crowd is an embarrassment to the nation. We finally have a real president with some balls, willing to drive us back to superpower status, drop our tax rate, shine up the BS healthcare system, strengthen our military all while kicking out the illegal scum and this group just wants to undermine any real progress. I feel like I am being "punked." daily. If you are a tax paying citizen of this country with half a brain you should support your country above and beyond the party lines. All the crying is blatant ignorance and disrespect.

I don't have time to answer that wall of text completely. But most of what you said are the same baseless talking points of the left. You told us nothing. Draining the swamp was getting rid of career politicians. You may not like that he hired billionaires and business titans to take the jobs, but he did hire people that aren't career politicians that make a living of doing nothing. So you can take your "I told you so" and swallow it. Dow is at an all time record. He's already cut spending significantly and he's doing it all while both sides battle him. Supporting him doesn't require you to agree with his every decision (which is almost impossible in government) but truthfully, the petty "I told you so" politics, is everything that is wrong right now. It's as egomaniacal as our former failure of a president.

No one wants the government to fail but sometimes you just wanna say "I told you so" when it comes to things like "draining the swamp" which he hasn't seem to have done at all...on this issue both sides, left and right, were hoping he would take action. Signing executive orders on a whim which ends up negatively affecting huge numbers of people who legally hold visas and green-cards... c'mon...let's be real that didn't stop any terrorism, it caused nothing but harm and chaos.

I think some of their intentions are good but not as well thought-out as they could be. Let's take Syrian refugees for example. You want to stop terrorism, you want to end ISIS...why not accept the refugees rather than sending them back to the hell-hole that they tried to escape. Frankly...for every person that's sent back there's a chance they get recruited...they've already lost everything and once their families are killed or kidnapped what else do they have to lose? All they need at that point is someone to whisper in their ear and remind them of how the US didn't help them in their time of need and as a result they've lost their family and then you've got another ISIS recruit on your hands.

Not to mention Trump's said there's "millions of refugees" flooding the country uncontrolled which isn't even remotely true and flat out fear mongering. I don't expect people on the right to have the same viewpoints as people on the left, but I do hold people to the standard that they keep their leaders in check. Issues like this aren't grounds for hyperbole. They need to be dealt with using facts.

So if your family is killed or kidnapped you would go back to join the people who did that to them?

The refugees is a very complex issue, it's not as simple as just letting someone in, it has to be done in a proper manner.

I honestly think this thread should be killed with fire :icon_thumleft:

Yes. We are well aware of your opinion on the matter. And yet here we are 100 pages later and no ones house has been burned down.

Hell, half this thread is you complaining about it! :lol2:

I don't have time to answer that wall of text completely. But most of what you said are the same baseless talking points of the left. You told us nothing. Draining the swamp was getting rid of career politicians. You may not like that he hired billionaires and business titans to take the jobs, but he did hire people that aren't career politicians that make a living of doing nothing. So you can take your "I told you so" and swallow it. Dow is at an all time record. He's already cut spending significantly and he's doing it all while both sides battle him. Supporting him doesn't require you to agree with his every decision (which is almost impossible in government) but truthfully, the petty "I told you so" politics, is everything that is wrong right now. It's as egomaniacal as our former failure of a president.

No, everything wrong right now is that action is based on faulty logic and "emotion" rather than facts. Save me the attitude. Don't tell me that I told you nothing; I gave an alternate perspective on a hot topic like refugees but if you decide you don't want to hear it then just say that, don't say I told you nothing.

Not hiring career politicians isn't draining the swamp. Getting the lobbyists and special interest groups out is. But that'll remain a point of contention.

Dow also hit all time highs under Obama, what's your point? The stock market is only one aspect of how the economy is doing. Under Obama, it did very well and other aspects of the US economy improved too (unemployment rate, jobless claims, GDP growth at 1% within 6 years of a massive recession, controlled inflation at about 1%, deportations of illegals at a high, etc etc). I hope Trump can continue this trend. I really do. But it seems that because he's not concerned with facts he and his supporters just want to run with the narrative that the previous president did nothing good and everything needs to be revamped. The facts say otherwise.

So if your family is killed or kidnapped you would go back to join the people who did that to them?

The refugees is a very complex issue, it's not as simple as just letting someone in, it has to be done in a proper manner.

If someone's family is killed by Asaad's regime they may join the rebels who may or may not be affiliated with terror groups including ISIS.

I know its not as simple as letting someone in. Its not like they walk up to the border and knock on a door. Unfortunately the current administration wants people to think exactly that, that people are just walking in from war-torn countries and we don't know who they are.

No, everything wrong right now is that action is based on faulty logic and "emotion" rather than facts. Save me the attitude. Don't tell me that I told you nothing; I gave an alternate perspective on a hot topic like refugees but if you decide you don't want to hear it then just say that, don't say I told you nothing.

Not hiring career politicians isn't draining the swamp. Getting the lobbyists and special interest groups out is. But that'll remain a point of contention.

Dow also hit all time highs under Obama, what's your point? The stock market is only one aspect of how the economy is doing. Under Obama, it did very well and other aspects of the US economy improved too (unemployment rate, jobless claims, GDP growth at 1% within 6 years of a massive recession, controlled inflation at about 1%, deportations of illegals at a high, etc etc). I hope Trump can continue this trend. I really do. But it seems that because he's not concerned with facts he and his supporters just want to run with the narrative that the previous president did nothing good and everything needs to be revamped. The facts say otherwise.

Emotions are driving 99% of the anti trump rhetoric. Don't kid yourself. As for the refugees, he never banned them. He only shut down the system to figure a better way to vet them. You're Canadian, why would you care. You have no skin in the game correct? I do agree with some of your points. It many of them are left to be decided on where they are good or bad actions. And I'm all about waiting to see the results before assuming failure.

If someone's family is killed by Asaad's regime they may join the rebels who may or may not be affiliated with terror groups including ISIS.

I know its not as simple as letting someone in. Its not like they walk up to the border and knock on a door. Unfortunately the current administration wants people to think exactly that, that people are just walking in from war-torn countries and we don't know who they are.

No, most don't think that. What they do think is that when you let 5000 in, 10 or so slip through the cracks.

Emotions are driving 99% of the anti trump rhetoric. Don't kid yourself. As for the refugees, he never banned them. He only shut down the system to figure a better way to vet them. You're Canadian, why would you care. You have no skin in the game correct? I do agree with some of your points. It many of them are left to be decided on where they are good or bad actions. And I'm all about waiting to see the results before assuming failure.

When it comes to the US economy, foreign policy, trade, terror, etc etc everyone has skin in the game especially Canada. We're your largest trading partner.

When it comes to refugees specifically, no I don't have skin in the game.

When it comes to the US economy, foreign policy, trade, terror, etc etc everyone has skin in the game especially Canada. We're your largest trading partner.

When it comes to refugees specifically, no I don't have skin in the game.

:icon_pidu:

You can take in all the refugees you want to Canada. We do not need more of a drain than we already have and certainly don't need people that do not want to assimilate. What is wrong with everyone kicking in and setting up safe camps where they can live in peace and then return home when it is safe to do so? Seems like that would benefit everyone.

You can take in all the refugees you want to Canada. We do not need more of a drain than we already have and certainly don't need people that do not want to assimilate. What is wrong with everyone kicking in and setting up safe camps where they can live in peace and then return home when it is safe to do so? Seems like that would benefit everyone.

That's because the migrant crisis has only been partially about the war. A huge part of "refugees" seeking asylum in Europe are economic migrants. They come from Africa and other poor countries looking to get into thriving first world countries while its leaders are cucked and offering open doors to anyone who shows up on the front porch

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/doc...8be2d8b458f/amp

I'm all for Trudeau and Nima turning their country in to Candianstan. I would never be conceited enough to try to tell a citizen of another country how they should run their affairs

That's what it is.... economic migrants looking to trade up... fucks everyone involved. If someone is truly in danger and needs help, you cant morally leave families in a war zone (unless your Saudi with 3 million empty tents), but 99% of these "refugees" are just illegals.

I was specifically commenting on refugees fleeing danger. Economic migrants can get in line and apply like anyone else.

That's because the migrant crisis has only been partially about the war. A huge part of "refugees" seeking asylum in Europe are economic migrants. They come from Africa and other poor countries looking to get into thriving first world countries while its leaders are cucked and offering open doors to anyone who shows up on the front porch

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/doc...8be2d8b458f/amp

I'm all for Trudeau and Nima turning their country in to Candianstan. I would never be conceited enough to try to tell a citizen of another country how they should run their affairs

Europes issue is far different from the US and Canada insofar as they actually have an issue lol.

What is wrong with everyone kicking in and setting up safe camps where they can live in peace and then return home when it is safe to do so? Seems like that would benefit everyone.

I happen to agree with this. Otherwise, countries like Syria will suffer an irreparable brain drain (they may have already) where all the talent leaves the country. Educated refugees are a net positive for most countries.

No, most don't think that. What they do think is that when you let 5000 in, 10 or so slip through the cracks.

I will look into this when I get the chance but of the refugees let into the US I dont think anwhere near that number are illegal or criminal.