• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Rezco ring any bells? About as many people that cared about that give a shit about Kushner and his real estate deals. Where is the actual collusion?

That was the argument for gas cars/planes/steamships in their infancy too, poor range. Even tall buildings. We have to agree on what "viable" means and acknowledge there is not either/or argument here, the two can coexist. Corporations like utilities hate citizens being self-sufficient. They can charge me an infinite amount on electricity, but I get capped on my solar as to how much I can sell back to the grid. Draconian.

Gas cars very quickly become viable range-wise though. Steamships too. Planes maybe a bit longer, but with WWII, their range was greatly increased. The problem with solar and wind power is that, from a utilities standpoint, they are neither financially viable hence requiring massive subsidies nor technologically viable. They are intermittent because the wind doesn't always blow and/or the sun doesn't shine, and for that you need batteries to back them up. The point of the article is that the amount of battery production needed, just for normal sunny days with nights, excluding the daylight when there is overcast, exponentially, by many times, exceeds what the world is capable of producing right now, and is even more restricted given the environmentalist restrictions on mining operations. Unless one can produce a battery that has thousands of times the energy storage capacity of current batteries.

We see these limits also with Australia and Germany's problems as of late from alternative energy.

SDGE did something neato with shipping containers and batteries. http://www.utilitydive.com/news/sdge-aes-b...in-cali/436832/

Sure hope it is better designed than those laptops and cell phones that have randomly caught fire :D

I dont even know what to say :lol2:

I never thought I'd feel bad for Sessions. How embarrassing.

Any of the special investigator stuff sound familiar to Ken Star and Bill Clinton?

If for nothing than a giant FU to the dems/media, I'm taking favorable odds Trump goes full scorched earth, fires Mueller (and everyone working under him) shuts the whole thing down, pardons everyone under the sun, and moves on.

As Abolfaz said, nobody can survive that level of scrutiny. When it goes from an investigation to a personal vendetta, I can't even say I blame him. But he should definitely consult with the original clintons play book.

fwiw:

http://www.bostonherald.com/opinion/op_ed/..._on_health_care

I never thought I'd feel bad for Sessions. How embarrassing.

:iamwithstupid:

The only people Trump is loyal too are his family and the Russians, everybody in his mind is expendable.

If he does fire Sessions, it could be the beginning of the end. If he has nothing to hide, what's the big deal? Get it all out there, close out the investigation and move on.

Fcuking ironic that McCain's return from brain surgery will allow this health care bill go to the floor where it will deny 15 million plus Americans their coverage. Assuming Ron Johnson doesn't sink it.

I think Muller will be fired before we see sessions fired

I don't think Rosenstein is going to fall on that sword.

Trump said pussy=Libtards mad

Bill Clinton rapes women.... Libtards ok

Clinton used his power and influence to get women. He's a sexual predator. Shit, everyone joked and laughed about it like it was ok.

Clinton used his power and influence to get women. He's a sexual predator. Shit, everyone joked and laughed about it like it was ok.

And Trump's not...he is on tape talking about grabbing pussies..they let you do it.

Fcuking ironic that McCain's return from brain surgery will allow this health care bill go to the floor where it will deny 15 million plus Americans their coverage. Assuming Ron Johnson doesn't sink it.

GOP is not going to do anything that just yanks healthcare away from fifteen million people. Too many votes at stake. But Obamacare needs to be replaced because it itself has wreaked havoc with the healthcare system and is unsustainable.

And Trump's not...he is on tape talking about grabbing pussies..they let you do it.

Point is that all the outrage over Trump's statement is very selective when the Establishment, both Democrats and Republicans, have been perfectly okay with Bill over the years. Nobody has said, "That Bill Clinton is a horrible disgusting individual, and he will NEVER be invited into any of our social events or gatherings." Nope, instead everybody likes to be friends with him and he was an honored speaker at the Democratic National Committee in 2008, 2012, and 2016, and maybe before then even for Kerry's campaign (not sure).

Any of the special investigator stuff sound familiar to Ken Star and Bill Clinton?

If for nothing than a giant FU to the dems/media, I'm taking favorable odds Trump goes full scorched earth, fires Mueller (and everyone working under him) shuts the whole thing down, pardons everyone under the sun, and moves on.

As Abolfaz said, nobody can survive that level of scrutiny. When it goes from an investigation to a personal vendetta, I can't even say I blame him. But he should definitely consult with the original clintons play book.

That would be neat to watch, he'd need to defend it strongly though because the media would start saying this is how banana republics operate and all that.

Yes, one of the central problems of Trump is his lack of policy knowledge and lack of interest unfortunately in learning the specifics of policy. Saying to the GOP Congress to just write a bill for him (on healthcare) to sign is a recipe for disaster, because there is too much division between the hardline conservative types and the more moderate types.

I could myself probably live with O'Care if they could engage in a policy of "tweak-and-move-on," as George Will described what might happen. Namely, get rid of the individual mandate and replace it with a different means of obtaining the money, allow insurance sales across state lines, etc...

God damn paki

:lol2:

Talk about witch hunt! If they went after everyone that lied about their primary residence on a mortgage application, half of this country would be in jail. Anyone with banking or mortgage experience can tell you that.

There is much more here than meets the eye.