pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Is anyone else worried about the stock market inflating like Rosie O'Donnell? This shit is reminding me of the 2008 housing crisis. Similar vibe I'm getting.

Me too. The fundamentals of the economy haven't significantly changed since January and if the Republicans fail again to pass health care reform, that takes a trillion dollars off the table for tax cuts.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Acosta gets kicked in the nuts.

Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, good lord, Jim, shut the fcuk Up Jim.

These journalists' only role in the world, as they've defined it for themselves, is to continuously influence policy while enjoying zero-accountability. They're so desperate to be leaders while skipping out on the costs of leadership.

Jim Acosta gets kicked in the nuts.

Btw, speaking English is not a requirement to get a green card or to become a citizen.

And? Come to Hialeah. I'll show you plenty of young naturalized citizens who don't speak English.

And? Come to Hialeah. I'll show you plenty of young naturalized citizens who don't speak English.

And nothing, was just showing that the truth was somewhere in between. It's not a requirement if you're over a certain age but there is a English test required to become a naturalized citizen

And nothing, was just showing that the truth was somewhere in between. It's not a requirement if you're over a certain age but there is a English test required to become a naturalized citizen

Legal immigrants are now the problem....fcuking LOL.

Trust me, if you are willing to go through the BS to get a green card legally and uproot your life to come here, leave everything behind - friends, family, your culture, whether you speak English or not, it's irrelevant. You already have an advantage over the tit sucking natives. You are REALLY committed to improving your life.

I came here with nothing.

My wife's family came here with nothing, her parents still don't speak much English 40 years later and put 4 girls through college. 2 teachers, a successful entrepreneur and a fortune 500 executive. Obviously these are only 2 of the tens of millions of examples.

Classic Trump feeding red meat to his base. I wish he'd get out of campaign mode and switch to governing mode. Thankfully as others have stated, all the tea leaves say it's DOA. Just another waste of time. Anybody else get the feeling Trump likes pissing in the wind?

Legal immigrants are now the problem....fcuking LOL.

Trust me, if you are willing to go through the BS to get a green card legally and uproot your life to come here, leave everything behind - friends, family, your culture, whether you speak English or not, it's irrelevant. You already have an advantage over the tit sucking natives. You are REALLY committed to improving your life.

I came here with nothing.

My wife's family came here with nothing, her parents still don't speak much English 40 years later and put 4 girls through college. 2 teachers, a successful entrepreneur and a fortune 500 executive. Obviously these are only 2 of the tens of millions of examples.

Classic Trump feeding red meat to his base. I wish he'd get out of campaign mode and switch to governing mode. Thankfully as others have stated, all the tea leaves say it's DOA. Just another waste of time. Anybody else get the feeling Trump likes pissing in the wind?

Who said that? Legal immigration is wonderful. I'm all for it and feel extremely proud when I see new Americans with their completed citizenship certificates posing proudly in front of the American flag

Who said that? Legal immigration is wonderful. I'm all for it and feel extremely proud when I see new Americans with their completed citizenship certificates posing proudly in front of the American flag

Hitler Youth fanboy Miller blowing Trump today. Immigration legal or not is one of America's greatest competitive advantages. Meanwhile Pence trying to reassure Eastern European allies.

Ask Japan how a homogenous society is working out for them long term. Falling birth rates, aging population.

Hitler Youth fanboy Miller blowing Trump today. Immigration legal or not is one of America's greatest competitive advantages. Meanwhile Pence trying to reassure Eastern European allies.

Ask Japan how a homogenous society is working out for them long term. Falling birth rates, aging population.

I am more ambivalent on the supposed benefits of illegal immigration (it would depend on how many of them actually want to work and integrate versus just keep speaking Spanish and ride the system, which the Democrats are plenty happy to expand for them). Also how many of them are very far-left. We do not want to be letting in millions of people who would vote for a Hugo Chavez or a Fidel Castro if given the opportunity (the Democratic party sees them as having pretty left-wing politics, hence their having no problem letting them all in). Legal immigration is an entirely different matter, for the reasons you stated.

Regarding Japan, do we know for sure that their falling birthrates are due to their being a homogenous population?

I do wish Trump would be more overtly pro-Eastern Europe. Obama pulled the missile defense rug out from Poland sixty years to the day of the Soviet invasion of Poland at the time. Now we have Trump, who unfortunately is wishy-washy-seeming on this. I do think Putin has a lot more respect for Trump than Obama though, due to Trump's being so overtly pro-U.S.

I thought the whole point to immigration was to learn the language, embrace our culture and want to be an AMERICAN not still a member of whatever community you came from while using the resources of your new host country. The drain on public schools. hospitals, insurance and the extra crime that the laughable lib studies try to show sanctuary cities are safer than non which is a joke. If all immigration stopped tomorrow I don't thing we would me missing a beat. We should try a moratoriam on it for a few years and we can go over the data collected, criminal, graduation rates, gang violence etc. your stories of someone coming here with nothing and now they are driving an exotic with a nice business are one in a million. There are more gang violence, class disruption etc to wipe out anything good.

I thought the whole point to immigration was to learn the language, embrace our culture and want to be an AMERICAN not still a member of whatever community you came from while using the resources of your new host country. The drain on public schools. hospitals, insurance and the extra crime that the laughable lib studies try to show sanctuary cities are safer than non which is a joke. If all immigration stopped tomorrow I don't thing we would me missing a beat. We should try a moratoriam on it for a few years and we can go over the data collected, criminal, graduation rates, gang violence etc. your stories of someone coming here with nothing and now they are driving an exotic with a nice business are one in a million. There are more gang violence, class disruption etc to wipe out anything good.

Obligatory teddy Roosevelt quote

post-60315-1501740462.jpg

You guys getting hardons over trumps shit-tastic fcuking garbage about immigration.....do you apologize to every native american you see?

Hypocritical rubbish.

One can still be an American while remaining a member of their original culture, but they need to integrate. The Russian, the Chinese, the Mexican, the African, etc...all when at the office and/or out and about, speak English and also identify themselves ultimately as Americans. But if when they go home, the Russian speaks Russian, the Chinese speaks Chinese, etc...that is their business. The different cultures add cultural richness to our nation. The problem is if they do not identify as Americans but rather just as people of different cultures who happen to live in America. Basically we need to be a melting pot, not a salad bowl.

You guys getting hardons over trumps shit-tastic fcuking garbage about immigration.....do you apologize to every native american you see?

Hypocritical rubbish.

if you are implying that it is wrong to not want immigrants to come into the country who will not assimilate because of what happened with the Native Americans, I would say a few things:

1) The Native Americans were not some big happy family of people all living in Kumbaya until the Evil White Man came over and took their lands and slaughtered them. They instead were often incredibly war-like with each other and were like this for thousands of years. Look up some of the weapons of war they had, they fought nasty. They fought over territory as humans historically have.

The only difference was that when the white Europeans came over, they had better organization and technology, and basically began doing to the Natives what the Natives had already been doing to each other for a long time, but with a greater degree of success.

2) In spite of #1, everyone acknowledges today that what was done to the Native American people was WRONG.

3) The people who did that to the Natives are not the people living today. You may as well be saying white people have no complaints about reverse discrimination because of slavery and Jim Crow.

I am ambivalent about this bill's requiring people to have more specific skills or speak English before coming here, if that is what it really does. I mean what if someone is very eager to learn and work, but has no specific skills or knowledge of the language, or opportunity really to obtain them in their home country? We do not need to open the floodgates, but also not be highly-restrictive.

The idea of America I always have had is that you can start with nothing and make it to the top. That can be either for a native-born American citizen or an immigrant, who comes here with nothing and starts with nothing. For example, there are examples such as kinnsella and Fortis, also Isaac Larian of MGA Entertainment (infamous for brands such as Bratz and La La Loopsy). He came here as an Iranian immigrant in the late 1970s with nothing. He worked as a dishwasher and paid his way through college, then started a business which evolved into his current-day toy company, from which he is now a billionaire.

It need not be either no restrictions on any immigration, legal or illegal, or hard restrictions, there is a middle ground.

Migrating without being able to speak the local language comes with huge disadvantages, it's harder for the migrant to integrate and assimilate the local culture and it creates a financial burden for the state if not self sufficient, schooling, translators, services available in different languages, etc.

At 21 I could not speak one single word of English other than saying hello, it was hell for me so I took 12 months studying, I literally read the dictionary from cover to cover many times over.

It was/is scary to see how disadvantaged people who couldn't speak proper English were/are, it's extremely difficult for those individuals, for their employers and for everyone else, simply not ideal, that's the reason why I said to myself that I will only start working after I perfect my English.

I can see why the requirement is there and I agree with it, it makes total sense having said that it's very close to impossible to have a policy which caters for every individual out there, what do you do with war refugees, mail order brides :icon_mrgreen: etc. etc.

Migrating without being able to speak the local language comes with huge disadvantages, it's harder for the migrant to integrate and assimilate the local culture and it creates a financial burden for the state if not self sufficient, schooling, translators, services available in different languages, etc.

At 21 I could not speak one single word of English other than saying hello, it was hell for me so I took 12 months studying, I literally read the dictionary from cover to cover many times over.

It was/is scary to see how disadvantaged people who couldn't speak proper English were/are, it's extremely difficult for those individuals, for their employers and for everyone else, simply not ideal, that's the reason why I said to myself that I will only start working after I perfect my English.

I can see why the requirement is there and I agree with it, it makes total sense having said that it's very close to impossible to have a policy which caters for every individual out there, what do you do with war refugees, mail order brides :icon_mrgreen: etc. etc.

Just curious, but how were you able to survive without working?

Just curious, but how were you able to survive without working?

I was entitled to a Government grant which enabled me to go to a government subsidized college to study English full time, best investment they've made :icon_mrgreen:

Hypocritical rubbish.

Um, so you're not of the belief that just because something worked or happened centuries or even decades ago, there doesn't come a point in time where you have to stop it?

The world changes, people change, and because of that policies on various things need to change. When people wanted to come here to better their lives, assimilate into our culture and join the team all was well and good. That isn't entirely the case anymore, so we need to put in some procedures to protect ourselves.

At some point in time every piece of land on the planet was uninhabited, and was claimed, fought over, defended, etc. Thankfully we're past that now, but it doesn't mean the world should remain a free for all.

Or are you cool with people coming and taking over your personal property as they wish?