pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Why would you want to be president? What a thankless job, you screwed if you do you screwed if you don’t, haters and whiners on both sides, I can’t think of anything more horrible, no thanks!

On the other hand being a dictator I could deal with :icon_mrgreen:

The fact is once you have more than enough money the only thing left is power. He won he became the leader of the free world. Even after office he will be part of the world economic stage and a power broker.

Puerto Rico is a problem that should have been solved before it became this problem. Also it should have chosen statehood many years ago but as a territory it’s a no mans land.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is once you have more than enough money the only thing left is power. He won he became the leader of the free world. Even after office he will be part of the world economic stage and a power broker.

Puerto Rico is a problem that should have been solved before it became this problem. Also it should have chosen statehood many years ago but as a territory it’s a no mans land.

The Puerto Rico problem started several administrations ago and has culminated with this disaster we have now. When I first started going there 30+ years ago, the island was thriving, plenty of money running around, that all ended when the 936 exemption went away. Since then, it's been nothing but downhill.

Why??......Because a leader has a vision of the future that they feel they can move towards, and they are willing to fight for that vision.

Great things are achieved by great men. Lesser men stand by and complain.

It was more of a rhetorical question I know and fully understand a leader’s traits, a political presidency is quite dissimilar to one in a private sector, the leaders of each sectors are cut from quite a different cloth.

You are right about lesser men complaining, TBH I can’t find anything more annoying than constant unhappy whiners and negativity, people who tend to see no good in any situation, seriously there must be some good that one can see it can’t be all negative.

Negativity has a huge impact on our lives and it isn’t a positive one.

Money brings power so that’s not really it, I guess it deepens on what type of power your are after, he has a huge ego, IMO he’s trading his pre presidency comfort levels for notoriety also he sees this as a challenge, achieving a next goal, I do understand that, where there is really nothing left to conquer why not?

I don’t think he’s fit for being a political president he doesn’t have a lot of tact, there is a better way to sell things than the sledgehammer approach and if you are very good at that you achieve a hell of a lot more, being able to sell ice in Alaska and convincing locals that they need it is different from yelling and telling them that they need to buy it because you said so.

The guy is cringeworthy and I worry every time he opens his mouth kind of like when the awkward uncle of the family starts talking LOL but I do like and agree with a lot of his ideas and policies, I am 100% certain a lot of his deniers feel the same but they do hate the man and that clouds their judgement.

The Puerto Rico problem started several administrations ago and has culminated with this disaster we have now. When I first started going there 30+ years ago, the island was thriving, plenty of money running around, that all ended when the 936 exemption went away. Since then, it's been nothing but downhill.

Been reading up lately on the problems there as I had never paid attention to Puerto Rico, but it is very interesting. The big ones highlighted I've found are:

1) Elimination of 936 (although according to this, the elimination of 936 is not a reason: LINK)

2) Welfare - cost of living on the island I've read is a lot less but yet the welfare payments from the federal government are the same, making it much easier and tempting to just ride the system as not work

3) Federal minimum wage on the island is too high for the island; it prices low-skilled labor out of the market, as their median wage is about $9.42 yet the federal minimum wage is $7.25.

4) Making it easier for the PR government to borrow funds which was meant to grow the private sector but instead only grew the government and welfare state there.

Been reading up lately on the problems there as I had never paid attention to Puerto Rico, but it is very interesting. The big ones highlighted I've found are:

1) Elimination of 936 (although according to this, the elimination of 936 is not a reason: LINK)

Again, reading vs real experience. My family's company serviced the pharmaceutical industry there that literally vanished from one day to the next when the 936 exemption went away. The effects were devastating.

Tom price GONE.

I feel bad for you because I was miserable when Obama was in office.

I would not want to see anyone go through that but his incompetence is the

reason Trump is in. I'm pleased overall with Trump. He will make mistakes

but he is overall a great President that is loved by the people that

put him in. Obamacare is a monumental screw up that haunts businesses

like mine. No way out of that screw up.

Trump in PR speaking on the subject of the invisible F35. The guy is a genius.

All good now, Puerto Ricans now have paper towels.

image.jpeg

And what exactly is the solution? The biggest wall could been around mexico and all muslims could have been deported out of the country but this tragedy would not have been avoided. Sure, guns don’t kill people and the primary issue is mental health but thats not a very realistic way to look at things. Try as you may you will not overcome mental health issues anytime soon. We’ve only begun scratching the surface on mental health. What do you do in the meantime?

And what exactly is the solution? The biggest wall could been around mexico and all muslims could have been deported out of the country but this tragedy would not have been avoided. Sure, guns don’t kill people and the primary issue is mental health but thats not a very realistic way to look at things. Try as you may you will not overcome mental health issues anytime soon. We’ve only begun scratching the surface on mental health. What do you do in the meantime?

There is no solution. Crazy people will always be able to harm people one way or another.

Diane Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump-stocks. Some problems I have been reading about with it however are that she words the bill to ban all devices that "increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic." The problem with that is for one, how do you define "rate of fire?" That depends on the shooter and the quality of the weapon and its components. For example, some people can fire a pump-action shotgun significantly faster than others. Same with a lever-action and same with a semiautomatic.

There are different types of triggers that you can buy for your gun, some of the higher-quality ones which are easier to pull, and thus allow you to fire it more quickly. So are those going to be banned? Would gun manufacturers have to put in the crappiest-quality trigger? This reminds me of the whole "Assault Weapons" Ban dilemma, where they want to claim any ergonomic feature on the weapon is a "military-style feature."

All good now, Puerto Ricans now have paper towels.

Look at that flick of da wrist. Better baller than Obamba? I think so.

Diane Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump-stocks. Some problems I have been reading about with it however are that she words the bill to ban all devices that "increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic." The problem with that is for one, how do you define "rate of fire?" That depends on the shooter and the quality of the weapon

Are you shitting me! I coulden't even imagine what it would be like splitting a bill at a restaurant with you.

Are you shitting me! I coulden't even imagine what it would be like splitting a bill at a restaurant with you.

I don't think you have much familiarity with the Gun Control Complex. They are among the most conniving, dishonest, misleading, underhanded group of people you will come across and when it comes to any kind of gun control, you can bet your butt you had better be careful with how it is worded or it will come back to bite you. Yes, though it can seem nitpicky, stuff like those details matter. All one need do is look at the different "Assault Weapons Bans" to see the stunts the gun controllers pull.

Forget the restaurant bill, Wheels owns guns, now ponder that for a minute LOL.

Eminem does anti trump rap

Left "omg amazing, so cool of Eminem, he is the best**"

** completely forgets that Eminem made his money littering all his albums with anti gay slurs.

Eminem does anti trump rap

Left "omg amazing, so cool of Eminem, he is the best**"

** completely forgets that Eminem made his money littering all his albums with anti gay slurs.

Were you meant to link a video or are you going to make us search?? :icon_mrgreen: