pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Fortis Im gonna tell you the same thing I told everyone here 4 years ago when everyone was drinking the Romney juice.

You are high off your ass, Ann Coulter-crazy if you think Donald Trump should win, could win or will win.

End subject.

That's why we can't talk politics, people like yourself feel the need to get personal, you have your opinion and I have mine, no need to get smart about it.

Maybe you should listen to some of his proposals, a LOT of them make a lot of sense, then listen to the fluff Hillary spewes, standard political rhetoric promises rubbish which she doesn't have money to pay for but fools are ready to gobble the nonsense up because majority have no idea what it would actually take to make the promises happen, as I said he's no Jesus Christ but he's the best you got and if you can't see that there is nothing I can do.

Please don't feel like you have to reply, I will not enter into a debate with you over politics :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now guys let's keep it civil here. It would be a shame not to talk about politics given how important it is. I would hate to see politics be treated like religion - though its really starting to get there - were people don't look or care to look at facts and figures, simply associate with one party exclusively and won't change their minds no matter what happens...where they go based on "beliefs" rather than looking at things objectively.

Aree with Fortis. Its a forum to state your thoughts not get personal. If you have facts that are relevant to your views share them, but don't make it personal. Our common thread here is Lamborghinis, doesnt mean we all need to believe and feel the same things.

In many ways he's already won, he's shown that there are tens of millions of people that are tired of career politicians... people who have no real world experience, that sit around and never execute. You have to give him credit for making it this far against insurmountable odds. Every form of media is against him and still he moves forward.

In many ways he's already won, he's shown that there are tens of millions of people that are tired of career politicians... people who have no real world experience, that sit around and never execute. You have to give him credit for making it this far against insurmountable odds. Every form of media is against him and still he moves forward.

This is true. I wish the career politicians would take note of that. But if/when he looses they will say "See we were right, stick with us."

Plus he has a solid team, Pence, Carson etc behind him. The average american doesnt seem to understand the gravity of Clintons offences and plans, plus the media down plays it. They are more caught up in the Kardashian pussygate shit. These presidential debates turn to personal mud slinging and no political context. Its fucked up. Heck JFK was badass for giving it to Marilyn Monroe.

Even if Hillary becomes our next president, some positive fallout from this might be that the door to the next election just got kicked in and we could end up with an array of candidates who are not career politicians. I sense a new breed of real-life leaders will come from this because Americans are indeed ready for it.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I have absolutely no desire to get personal and Im not happy with the fact that Hillary is going to be president. There go my taxes again. :cry:

Let me back it down a notch but still be somewhat categorical about it. If Im wrong, I will admit it right here in this thread but it is extremely unlikely.

But HRC is in.

Edit: Backing trump as the "Change" candidate makes sense. But I have a tough time believing that he has put forth any sort of substantive proposals with respect to anything. The rhetoric is what has brought him this far, not policy.

Maybe you should listen to some of his proposals, a LOT of them make a lot of sense, then listen to the fluff Hillary spewes, standard political rhetoric promises rubbish which she doesn't have money to pay for but fools are ready to gobble the nonsense up because majority have no idea what it would actually take to make the promises happen, as I said he's no Jesus Christ but he's the best you got and if you can't see that there is nothing I can do.

His "proposals" are a mile wide and an inch deep. He has directly contradicted himself SO many times, the only time you can tell he is not lying is when his mouth is shut. Remember this is the guy who stated he gets his foreign policy views from "the shows" and then boasted he knows more than the Generals. His tax plan will conservatively add $5 billion to the deficit.

Clinton is a deeply flawed and damaged candidate, if the Republicans can hold the House and Senate it will be almost impossible for her to enact any meaningful change. Personally I think it was incredibly selfish and narcissistic act for Clinton to run knowing all the baggage she carries and the 100% resistance she knew she would encounter from the Republicans once she enters office. The only area and it's significant where she can have a long term impact will be the Supreme Court appointments. Republicans may regret not voting for Merrick Garland in hindsight.

I think the only question now is, how badly will Trump lose by and what effect that will have on the down ballot. There is an interesting article on www.fivethirtyeight.com that suggests due to Clinton's toxicity it may not be as significant as Trump's anticipated margin of loss would usually indicate.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/senate...-losing-ground/

Whoa whoa whoa.

I have absolutely no desire to get personal and Im not happy with the fact that Hillary is going to be president. There go my taxes again. :cry:

Let me back it down a notch but still be somewhat categorical about it. If Im wrong, I will admit it right here in this thread but it is extremely unlikely.

But HRC is in.

Edit: Backing trump as the "Change" candidate makes sense. But I have a tough time believing that he has put forth any sort of substantive proposals with respect to anything. The rhetoric is what has brought him this far, not policy.

I have to disagree with him not putting forth any sort of substantive proposals with respect to anything.

Trump said he will do the following:

Build a wall and secure our boarders

Not allow Muslim refugees into our country until we can figure out an effective way to vet them

Repeal Obama care

He gave a list of conservative justices that he would consider appointing to the Supreme court

Defend our second amendment rights

Reform the tax code and make it simpler

ect, ect...

I could go on and on.

His "proposals" are a mile wide and an inch deep. He has directly contradicted himself SO many times, the only time you can tell he is not lying is when his mouth is shut. Remember this is the guy who stated he gets his foreign policy views from "the shows" and then boasted he knows more than the Generals. His tax plan will conservatively add $5 billion to the deficit.

Clinton is a deeply flawed and damaged candidate, if the Republicans can hold the House and Senate it will be almost impossible for her to enact any meaningful change. Personally I think it was incredibly selfish and narcissistic act for Clinton to run knowing all the baggage she carries and the 100% resistance she knew she would encounter from the Republicans once she enters office. The only area and it's significant where she can have a long term impact will be the Supreme Court appointments. Republicans may regret not voting for Merrick Garland in hindsight.

I think they only question now is, how badly will Trump lose by and what effect that will have on the down ballot. There is an interesting article on www.fivethirtyeight.com that suggests due to Clinton's toxicity it may not be as significant as Trump's anticipated margin of loss would usually indicate.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/senate...-losing-ground/

darth-vader_orig.png

I have to disagree with him not putting forth any sort of substantive proposals with respect to anything.

Not allow Muslim refugees into our country until we can figure out an effective way to vet them

Repeal Obama care

He gave a list of conservative justices that he would consider appointing to the Supreme court

ect, ect...

I could go on and on.

:iamwithstupid: He also has a plan to reform the VA system and open up assistance for military veterans with private hospitals.

Repeal Obama care

ect, ect...

I could go on and on.

Build a wall: pointless rubbish that is a pipedream. Not to mention having mexico pay for it. Immigration from mexico is a net negative.

Muslim refugees: more dogwhistle nonsense. They are already being vetted, not to mention most of the terror incidents we have had recently have been at the hands of people born here.

Repealing Obama care is suicide. The system needs tweaking, but to shitcan it is a joke.

Conservative justices? Is this based on his extensive track record as a conservative? Come on. He'll appoint whoever promises to stay at his hotels the most.

Second amendment rights: more pandering to his base. Does he even own a gun? Id be surprised if he gives a shit one way or the other.

The tax code? Yes, the wealthy will definitely benefit. No arguments there.

And all this stuff about veterans. If he really cared, he'd have demonstrated it through years of charitable contributions. Has he made any? Oh, wait, we cant see his tax returns.

What do you think about that wall? I think it's wrong place to dump money and will only hinder innocent people just like wall on germany did. But true criminals will be going under and over it like nobody's business.

Build a wall: pointless rubbish that is a pipedream. Not to mention having mexico pay for it. Immigration from mexico is a net negative.

Muslim refugees: more dogwhistle nonsense. They are already being vetted, not to mention most of the terror incidents we have had recently have been at the hands of people born here.

Repealing Obama care is suicide. The system needs tweaking, but to shitcan it is a joke.

Conservative justices? Is this based on his extensive track record as a conservative? Come on. He'll appoint whoever promises to stay at his hotels the most.

Second amendment rights: more pandering to his base. Does he even own a gun? Id be surprised if he gives a shit one way or the other.

And all this stuff about veterans. If he really cared, he'd have demonstrated it through years of charitable contributions. Has he made any? Oh, wait, we cant see his tax returns.

We might disagree, however I am willing to give him the chance.

If he accomplishes half of what he say's he will do it will greatly exceed what Obama did or didn't do over the last eight years.

I for one would like to see any of the things he say's he will do get accomplished rather than four more years of Obama policies with lying Hillary at the reigns.

Just my two cents.

:iamwithstupid: He also has a plan to reform the VA system and open up assistance for military veterans with private hospitals.

Another topic completely, but, this is by far one of the best ideas involving veterans that I've seen mentioned by a presidential candidate. If he gets elected, we shall see if this works. The VA has been a mess for years. I have to work with them in my daily job and there are so many flaws and issues that we all see but that never get addressed when brought up. For fcuk's sake, just look at this video clip. It's all you need to know about the VA:

Instead of the federal government pouring money into the VA for failed plans and bogus strategies, it would be nice for military members past and present to be able to get their care at a place they are comfortable with. I have seen way to many misdiagnoses and many of my friends have been wronged or ended up worse off from the failed treatments and poor care they've been given.

We might disagree, however I am willing to give him the chance.

If he accomplishes half of what he say's he will do it will greatly exceed what Obama did or didn't do over the last eight years.

I for one would like to see any of the things he say's he will do get accomplished rather than four more years of Obama policies with lying Hillary at the reigns.

Just my two cents.

:iamwithstupid:

- We already have a wall technically, which is a crappy chain link fence along the border. The proposition is to spend 3% of the budget to give it a much needed upgrade to aid with the illegal immigration problem. As for actually getting Mexico to pay for it the proposition is not for a direct payment, but via trade incentives. If you think this is unreasonable you should see Mexico's official policy on illegal immigration.

- The proposition is to vet everyone more efficiently, using Muslim's is the buzz word to gain traction for the idea. But I think we all could agree that immigration in every country is a huge issue and logistical problem, and the idea here is to overhaul our current system.

- Any more facts there? I'm all for dumping Obamacare because I think it's done more harm than good. It's increased the taxes of everyone, increased the insurance premiums of everyone, and the people who could not afford it to begin with are now being fined for not having insurance, increasing their already significant financial burden. What's the case to save it?

- Again, any facts here or just an opinion based on emotion?

- Name one candidate that hasn't pandered to their target audience. Don't worry I'll wait...

- So if you make under $25k annually you don't have to pay taxes according to his tax proposition, but that's a scheme to help the wealthy? I'm not following...also considering that his proposed tax code focuses on closing certain corporate tax loopholes and refines the tax code from 7 brackets to 4.

I get that this is an emotionally charged topic, but if you want to have an actual discussion and debate, please leave the emotion at the door and give some supporting facts. I have not met Trump or Clinton and have no personal connections to them in any way shape or form, so I look at the facts of their platform propositions and let speak for themselves. It's fine disagree, but please have something credible of value to point out, otherwise this devolves into a banner waving shouting match that doesn't accomplish anything.

If Trump's plans are so factually bad, then please lay it out with facts and figures...I am all ears. But so far all I've heard is "I don't like him because he's (insert non-relevant insult here)." Tell me point by point how not only are his propositions bad but that Clinton's are better.

People say they want actual change in this country and then when the opportunity comes they cling to defending the status quo that's heading the ship toward the iceberg for the last 20years...

Build a wall: Net Negative? The burden of illegal immigrants on California alone is $25 billion. Nationally $113 Billion per year.

http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fis...ornia-taxpayers

$25 billion per year is sent to Mexico alone in remittance by illegals.

http://cis.org/north/remittances-iadb

They commit disproportionately large amount of violent drug related crime

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administratio...nStatistics.htm

You increase fees on transfers to South America and make it so expensive to send money back home there's no longer value to it. You cut off foreign aid, increase visa fees, and use any and all seized assets from cartels to fund it. It would pay for itself quickly. What's $10 billion-20 billion over several years when illegal immigration cost our country that ten times over in one year. Also let's not point out the hypocrisy that Mexico is also building a wall on their southern border to keep out southern Americans. $75 million of it this year which we donated ourselves to help them build.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-37...ts.html?0p19G=c

It's only racist when the United States wants to secure the borders. Meanwhile in other countries post-60315-1476471265_thumb.jpg

I would rather elect a candidate who is endorsed by the NRA and doesn't own a gun then a candidate who has spent her entire career pushing for gun control and in leaked WikiLeaks email said she would use executive order to get what she wants

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1509

As above with Gun control.. I would rather vote for a candidate that says he will seat conservative justices than a candidate who is guaranteed she will bring in far left justices.

That's why we can't talk politics, people like yourself feel the need to get personal, you have your opinion and I have mine, no need to get smart about it.

Please don't feel like you have to reply, I will not enter into a debate with you over politics :icon_thumleft:

I agree, but the country isn't a business. Just like most of the things Bernie said would/could have never been done, neither will Trump be able to get anything done. Realistically, to get things done in politics, you need the connections/relationship. He has none, everyone hates him, he will fail. Hillary has a chance to get things passed, good or bad.

He's toast. He isn't going to be the next president.

From a business standpoint, yes, Trump FTW.

Looks like 2 more women are stepping forward with additional allegations of sexual assault against Trump.

So what? More people who decided to get paid are coming out to grab some money while whoring themselves out? "He kissed me on a mouth when he met me!" Holy shit, call the pope!

The loser here is the American Class and respect. This is a show, it's a more entertaining show this year with less respect to everyone involved. I'd shitcan everyone who showed up for the debate, why was anyone there, why were any of those questions asked? Are you telling me the NATION, all the bright people living in the US, couldn't come up with some difficult things to ask the future rulers of the country?

Thank God America is wealthy, so none of this really matters, everyone will still be able to make money for now...