pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

You think? Jesus fcuk it's going to be a rough next few months.

I do. Especially if he goes digging in Trump's financials/Russia. The blowback will be massive. But Trump has been willing to keep dragging the Russian boat anchor regardless of the cost.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firing Muelller will be the end. No way to come back from that. Who will be the 2017 version of Bork?

Firing Muelller will be the end. No way to come back from that.

Don't under estimate the price Trump and the Republican Party are willling to pay. All he has to do is keep appointing ultra right wing scotus and they will fall in line.

Firing Muelller will be the end. No way to come back from that. Who will be the 2017 version of Bork?

Is Mueller's team all Democrats still? If so, he should have been fired already.

I do. Especially if he goes digging in Trump's financials/Russia. The blowback will be massive. But Trump has been willing to keep dragging the Russian boat anchor regardless of the cost.

How is Trump dragging the anchor? All these investigations, all these leaks, and nothing solid has yet come out. Watergate was just a few guys and they couldn't keep that secret, Clinton couldn't keep getting a Monica in the White House secret, but Trump colludes with Russia to win the election and is somehow still keeping it secret?

Another thing is that if the investigations continue into everything, they are bound to be able to find "something," because you can't have the level of business dealings Trump has and not have something they could consider a "crime." Reminds me of the legal example of how you could end up convicted of a crime for being in possession of a lobster.

How is Trump dragging the anchor? All these investigations, all these leaks, and nothing solid has yet come out. Watergate was just a few guys and they couldn't keep that secret, Clinton couldn't keep getting a Monica in the White House secret, but Trump colludes with Russia to win the election and is somehow still keeping it secret?

Is Mueller's team all Democrats still? If so, he should have been fired already.

"The team is led by former FBI Director Robert Mueller, and four of the six attorneys on the team donated to the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, according to Axios.

James Quarles donated almost $33,000 to Democrats, including Clinton and former President Barack Obama. Jeannie Rhee donated more than $16,000 since 2008 to Democrats, including the maximum donation possible to Clinton in both 2015 and 2016. She has also donated to Obama. Andrew Weissmann donated more than $4,000 to Obama in 2008 and $2,000 to the DNC in 2006, and Elizabeth Prelogar donated $250 each to Clinton in 2016 and Obama in 2012."

The more I hear about this, the more it just seems like a witch hunt by the political elites to bring down Trump. A good point made I think by Jonathan Turley and Tucker Carlson is that Russia's legal system is incredibly convoluted. I have read that that is one of the things that even inhibits economic growth there, because you may have to break the law in one way in order to adhere to the law in another way.

So the result is that any business dealings in Russia could probably be construed in some way to be illegal according to American law, and used by a determined prosecutor. Tucker pointed out how originally Mueller was supposed to investigate about collusion with Russia by Trump on the election, and now it is investigations into things like a mansion sold by Trump to a Russian back during the Bush administration.

A point Turley made in reference to that is that such special investigations often become broadened over time, but the problem is that this investigation was started from the get-go with a very broad mandate that you could basically drive a truck through, and then you throw in Russia and the fact that the special prosecutor has unlimited funds and no time limit and it becomes very dangerous.

While it is not a direct comparison, Trump vs the political class keeps reminding me of this scene from Braveheart at 1:34:

The more I hear about this, the more it just seems like a witch hunt by the political elites to bring down Trump. A good point made I think by Jonathan Turley and Tucker Carlson is that Russia's legal system is incredibly convoluted. I have read that that is one of the things that even inhibits economic growth there, because you may have to break the law in one way in order to adhere to the law in another way.

So the result is that any business dealings in Russia could probably be construed in some way to be illegal according to American law, and used by a determined prosecutor. Tucker pointed out how originally Mueller was supposed to investigate about collusion with Russia by Trump on the election, and now it is investigations into things like a mansion sold by Trump to a Russian back during the Bush administration.

A point Turley made in reference to that is that such special investigations often become broadened over time, but the problem is that this investigation was started from the get-go with a very broad mandate that you could basically drive a truck through, and then you throw in Russia and the fact that the special prosecutor has unlimited funds and no time limit and it becomes very dangerous.

Wheels you are the canary in the coal mine. When you stop buying the bullshit talking points you are being spoon fed by Trump suggorates like Gingrich, Hannity et al, only then is Trump in trouble with his base. Mueller is a Republican, a savvy operator with almost universal bi-partisan support.

Poor ex carrier employee...

“Trump came in there to the factory last December and blew smoke up our asses. He wasn’t gonna save those jobs. And, if that’s the case, he would have saved us and Rexnord, a company around the corner from us that makes parts.

“We had a mix of Trump supporters and Clinton supporters at the factory, I’d say. The ones that really supported him are quiet right now. Some of them got let go yesterday, too.

“We talked about Trump on the job, after the election. You could always tell who the Trump supporters were because they never participated in the conversation. It was about even, blacks and whites, for Trump. Also, some of them wore the hats. Not anymore, though.

While it is not a direct comparison, Trump vs the political class keeps reminding me of this scene from Braveheart at 1:34:

sorry, been a while, forgot the plot, how did it end for him?

Wheels you are the canary in the coal mine. When you stop buying the bullshit talking points you are being spoon fed by Trump suggorates like Gingrich, Hannity et al, only then is Trump in trouble with his base. Mueller is a Republican, a savvy operator with almost universal bi-partisan support.

What I was citing aren't "talking points." Regarding the people I cited, yes Tucker is very right-wing, but Jonathan Turley is Democratic-party legal scholar. As for Mueller being a Republican and having bi-partisan support, so what? The GOP has been out to get Trump too, and Mueller is good friends with James Comey. Comey was widely-respected with bipartisan support too, until he proved himself to be a hack.

sorry, been a while, forgot the plot, how did it end for him?

Yep and it backfired on the English and the Scots fought for their freedom.

Interesting points about why wind, solar, and electric vehicles are nowhere near being viable due to the limitations of batteries: LINK

Interesting points about why wind, solar, and electric vehicles are nowhere near being viable due to the limitations of batteries: LINK
That was the argument for gas cars/planes/steamships in their infancy too, poor range. Even tall buildings. We have to agree on what "viable" means and acknowledge there is not either/or argument here, the two can coexist. Corporations like utilities hate citizens being self-sufficient. They can charge me an infinite amount on electricity, but I get capped on my solar as to how much I can sell back to the grid. Draconian.

SDGE did something neato with shipping containers and batteries. http://www.utilitydive.com/news/sdge-aes-b...in-cali/436832/

Oh, hey nothing to see here either

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/ju...oney-laundering

Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald Trump, who acts as his senior White House adviser, secured a multimillion-dollar Manhattan real estate deal with a Soviet-born oligarch whose company was cited in a major New York money laundering case now being investigated by members of Congress.

A Guardian investigation has established a series of overlapping ties and relationships involving alleged Russian money laundering, New York real estate deals and members of Trump’s inner circle. They include a 2015 sale of part of the old New York Times building in Manhattan involving Kushner and a billionaire real estate tycoon and diamond mogul, Lev Leviev.

The ties between Trump family real estate deals and Russian money interests are attracting growing interest from the justice department’s special counsel, Robert Mueller, as he seeks to determine whether the Trump campaign collaborated with Russia to distort the outcome of the 2016 race. Mueller has reportedly expanded his inquiry to look at real estate deals involving the Trump Organization, as well as Kushner’s financing.