pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Well said wheels...... it's no the symbols, it's what the symbols mean to us as Americans. Is America perfect?????.... h fn no, BUT IMHO it is one of the few countries in the world where divisive issues can be rectifed and codified. All I can say is ........USA, USA, USA!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend a lot of time in PR and do a lot of business down there. What's happened down there has set the island back decades and frankly, I think a lot of the destruction will never be repaired. Expect a mass exedous of puerto ricans that will never return to the island. I can't believe that the president is engaged in a twitter battle with professional athletes rather than dealing with this crisis head on.

And what makes you think he is not dealing with the crisis head on? The news? Of course it is. All they will report is is passive comments about the NFL so the haters think

that is his main course. Friggen unreal what people fall for the BS and can't see the forest for the trees. What does it take...1 minute to tweet about the NFL. My gosh, get real.

He is dead right BTW. One of his balls is bigger than the last four sets combined sitting prior to him.

And what makes you think he is not dealing with the crisis head on? The news? Of course it is. All they will report is is passive comments about the NFL so the haters think

that is his main course. Friggen unreal what people fall for the BS and can't see the forest for the trees. What does it take...1 minute to tweet about the NFL. My gosh, get real.

He is dead right BTW. One of his balls is bigger than the last four sets combined sitting prior to him.

Forest for the trees is exactly the point of the NFL tweets. Pandering to the base and distraction of what a quagmire the dumpster fire's Presidency is coming too, while not acknowledging what the protests are actually about, Police brutality toward blacks. Kaepernick initially sat on the sideline until he spoke with a vet and then decided to kneel. Look it up.

So for those not following closely, this week's clusterfucks - Puerto Rico, failure to suspend the Jones Act, failed repeal and replace, even though the idiot says he has the votes today in front of Marine 1, #NOKO tweets, his failed backing of Strange, Manafort and "lock her up" impending indictments and the ongoing Russia probe, extensive personal WH email usage, expansion of the travel ban and to top off fiscal conservative Health Secretary Price's $400,000 private jet usage to visit family. He is gone.

More gridlock will ensue when Moore gets the AL Senate job and makes Sessions and Paul look reasonable and rational. Have at it, with all the levers.....

And if you think meaningful tax cuts are coming, I got a red bridge to sell you in NoCal. Needs a little work, but it's HUUGE.

Forest for the trees is exactly the point of the NFL tweets. Pandering to the base and distraction of what a quagmire the dumpster fire's Presidency is coming too, while not acknowledging what the protests are actually about, Police brutality toward blacks. Kaepernick initially sat on the sideline until he spoke with a vet and then decided to kneel. Look it up.

So for those not following closely, this week's clusterucks - Puerto Rico, failure to suspend the Jones Act, failed repeal and replace, even though the idiot says he has the votes today in front of Marine 1, #NOKO tweets, his failed backing of Strange, Manafort and "lock her up" impending indictments and the ongoing Russia probe, extensive personal WH email usage, expansion of the travel ban and to top off fiscal conservative Health Secretary Price's $400,000 private jet usage to visit family. He is gone.

More gridlock will ensue when Moore gets the AL Senate job and makes Sessions and Paul look reasonable and rational. Have at it, with all the levers.....

And if you think meaningful tax cuts are coming, I got a red bridge to sell you in NoCal. Needs a little work, but it's HUUGE.

You hit the nail right on the head. I own several foreign flagged cargo ships that cannot go directly to Puerto Rico from the United States because of the Jones act. The first order of business should have been to suspend the Jones act even for 30 days. Instead what's happening is that they are protecting monopolies like Crowely and tote maritime that service Puerto Rico.

I don't get my information from watching TV, I'm on the ground live dealing with this bullshit.

You hit the nail right on the head. I own several foreign flagged cargo ships that cannot go directly to Puerto Rico from the United States because of the Jones act. The first order of business should have been to suspend the Jones act even for 30 days. Instead what's happening is that they are protecting monopolies like Crowely and tote maritime that service Puerto Rico.

I don't get my information from watching TV, I'm on the ground live dealing with this bullshit.

Vendors will get 180 days 100% guaranteed reimbursement (which may be a good thing initially, but reminds of the Iraqi war with no-bid contracts for Halliburton etc)....their supplies will be delivered on the "right" ships when they are available.

So for those not following closely, this week's clusterfucks - Puerto Rico, failure to suspend the Jones Act, failed repeal and replace, even though the idiot says he has the votes today in front of Marine 1, #NOKO tweets, his failed backing of Strange, Manafort and "lock her up" impending indictments and the ongoing Russia probe, extensive personal WH email usage, expansion of the travel ban and to top off fiscal conservative Health Secretary Price's $400,000 private jet usage to visit family. He is gone.

Perceived police brutality toward blacks is fine to protest, but do it outside of the games, not during the games. It is a complex issue. For example, yes police may shoot blacks more, but blacks also commit a majority of the violent crimes, so race may have nothing to do with it. Don't blame the flag or "America" at football games over it.

Jones Act I don't know enough about, but on the surface I would support repeal. Healthcare fail I blame Congress more. The private email use in the WH is not the same as the Secretary of State having a private server in her home. Expansion of the travel ban I do not see a problem with.

Perceived police brutality toward blacks is fine to protest, but do it outside of the games, not during the games. It is a complex issue. For example, yes police may shoot blacks more, but blacks also commit a majority of the violent crimes, so race may have nothing to do with it. Don't blame the flag or "America" at football games over it.

Jones Act I don't know enough about, but on the surface I would support repeal. Healthcare fail I blame Congress more. The private email use in the WH is not the same as the Secretary of State having a private server in her home. Expansion of the travel ban I do not see a problem with.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalrevi...ta-actually-say

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

http://nypost.com/2013/08/13/ignoring-the-...s-of-nyc-crime/

I agree. The Jones act should be suspended until thing stabilize.

The area is decimated and people are going to start dying real soon if thing don't start happening quick, like yesterday quick.

This is no time for bullshit, he and we need to help those poor people any way we can at this time.

It is the right thing to do.

On another note I think Trump should have visited the area by now.

Tuesday is to late, he needs to go now and see things first hand, then maybe he will react quicker after seeing the devastation first hand.

Out of curiosity, im seeing a lot of people claiming that their general calls to their congressmen and such is what pushed this to happen. And maybe it was. But does the government normally move faster with this sort of thing?!

In other news:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-econ...e-idUSKCN1C31QR

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. economy grew a bit faster than previously estimated in the second quarter, recording its quickest pace in more than two years, but the momentum probably slowed in the third quarter as Hurricanes Harvey and Irma temporarily curbed activity.

Gross domestic product increased at a 3.1 percent annual rate in the April-June period, the Commerce Department said in its third estimate on Thursday. The upward revision from the 3.0 percent rate of growth reported last month reflected a slightly faster pace of inventory investment.

Growth last quarter was the quickest since the first quarter of 2015 and followed a 1.2 percent pace in the January-March period. Economists had expected that the second-quarter GDP growth rate would be unrevised at 3.0 percent.

Jones act was waived so looks like he was on top of it. The NFL tweets are passive at best but does show his passion and respect for his country.

I find it funny that people think he can't tweet and take care of other business simultaneously. I often wonder if people think it is so easy to just immediately put a hold on a huge policy. You have to review it, read what it says, see what the far reaching implications could be (even if it is short term like 30 days). We seem to think these things are so simple, and with the wave of a wand, poof, it is all fine and good and the wheels are turning. Aid is already there, more is coming, I've read there are boots on the ground. Can we do more, absolutely, without doubt, but it isn't like nothing was happening at all. Same was said with the Virgin Islands. People are just frothing at the mouth for the opportunity to fcuking nail the President on something, its starting to make me a little ill.

Waived for 10 days only. Damn near useless, strictly a political stunt to make himself look better. Consider it takes five days for a ship just to get there from Florida, what good is a 10 day waiver?

At the very least the waiver should be for 90 to 120 days if not more.

Waived for 10 days only. Damn near useless, strictly a political stunt to make himself look better. Consider it takes five days for a ship just to get there from Florida, what good is a 10 day waiver?

At the very least the waiver should be for 90 to 120 days if not more.

Well that sucks.

I was hoping that he was doing the right thing.

However if it is only for 10 days, I agree it is nothing more than a stunt.

I would have though that he would be above that kind of shit.

Well that sucks.

I was hoping that he was doing the right thing.

However if it is only for 10 days, I agree it is nothing more than a stunt.

I would have though that he would be above that kind of shit.

I was actually in the middle of negotiating a charterer for two of my ships to Puerto Rico when the charterer told me "you know this is only for 10 days right?"

Lol.

I was actually in the middle of negotiating a charterer for two of my ships to Puerto Rico when the charterer told me "you know this is only for 10 days right?"

Lol.

Sorry to hear that on so many levels, as I expected more.

When an entire Island gets wiped out and people are hopeless you do not put a time limit of ten days on things.

For Christ sake make it at least 90 days or more with a clause to extend upon their progress and needs.

This can and will get out of hand so quickly, I feel sorry for those people.

Everything is flooded and destroyed, I am afraid that there will be many deaths due to the breakdown in civilization as well as the spread of disease.

Sorry to hear that on so many levels, as I expected more.

When an entire Island gets wiped out and people are hopeless you do not put a time limit of ten days on things.

For Christ sake make it at least 90 days or more with a clause to extend upon their progress and needs.

This can and will get out of hand so quickly, I feel sorry for those people.

Everything is flooded and destroyed, I am afraid that there will be many deaths due to the breakdown in civilization as well as the spread of disease.

It's getting ugly now. The military should have been deployed and ready offshore before the storm hit.

I find it funny that people think he can't tweet and take care of other business simultaneously. I often wonder if people think it is so easy to just immediately put a hold on a huge policy. You have to review it, read what it says, see what the far reaching implications could be (even if it is short term like 30 days). We seem to think these things are so simple, and with the wave of a wand, poof, it is all fine and good and the wheels are turning. Aid is already there, more is coming, I've read there are boots on the ground. Can we do more, absolutely, without doubt, but it isn't like nothing was happening at all. Same was said with the Virgin Islands. People are just frothing at the mouth for the opportunity to fcuking nail the President on something, its starting to make me a little ill.

Totally agree. Cracks me up in a way but also makes me ill at the way some just keep on trying to micro manage him. A job they know nothing about.

One thing Im shocked about is that I have a 2 week cruise booked, and just got our revised itinerary due to the storm, and Puerto Rico is still on it.

It's getting ugly now. The military should have been deployed and ready offshore before the storm hit.

For All The Haters: President Trump dispatched 140 helicopters, 28 ships, 6 Army field hospitals, 3 Navy Seabee Battalions, 5 US Army Combat Engineer Battalions, 3 Civil Affairs battalions, 2 Nuclear Submarines capable of generating 2.8 Gigawatts of Power, release 300,000 tons of food, medical supplies and water from Military stocks to Puerto Rico...

Please stop touting the party line of bashing our President when his actions have been excellent for the island. It was a string of 4 horrendous Hurricanes it's gonna take some time. But the haters comments devoid of any facts don't help one person on the island.

You must have missed this being on the ground...

One thing Im shocked about is that I have a 2 week cruise booked, and just got our revised itinerary due to the storm, and Puerto Rico is still on it.

Cruise ships started going to San Juan yesterday.

2 Nuclear Submarines capable of generating 2.8 Gigawatts of Power,

Not to nit pick, but Submarines cant send power to the grid. And they cant produce 2.8 Giga Watts of power, shore based plants are lucky to get to 1 mega watt.