Initial impressions + drag strip time

Kisco

I finally had some time to drive the Huracan and while I can say a lot about it, I am going to keep it concise because I want to get to the good stuff....the drag strip. :icon_mrgreen:

The good:

Exterior design: I cant seem to find a bad angle of this car. I love the spaceship look particularly a square side view.

Interior design: Very hexagonal / geometric. Very cool and jet-fighter inspired.

Trans: Amazing! Faster than my GTR was. So smooth, no jerkiness taking off, etc.

Brakes: Lamborghini has found a sweet spot and balancing out the sensitivity of the CCB. Pedal stroke vs braking feel is a great balance.

Steering / handling: Very direct with great feedback. On center feel is a little loose but overall it's very nice. Car feels like it's on rails coming into a turn.

Acceleration: Ya, it's FAST for a stock car. See below. :icon_mrgreen:

Sound: I am not sure this car even needs an exhaust. Sounds great in sport mode!

The bad:

Interior quality: 280K sticker and all I get is plastic everywhere?

Rear view camera resolution: Ok, it's down right terrible!

Seats: Borderline too firm and the lumbar protrudes out too far even with it all the way in.

Rear visibility: I CANT SEE SHIIIIIIIT (Transparent bonnet coming soon)

Conclusion:

This car does the good points so well that the cons become de minimus. I LOVE it!

Now, the good stuff.....

I went to the track today to see what the car can do. I only ran twice and both times I used LC.

1st run:

Car spun pretty good. Back end shifted to the left. It felt a lot worse in the car than what the video portrays. I cut a 1.80 60' and ran a 10.78 @ 130.9

I decided to run again and lowered the tire pressure from 33 to 30 PSI.

2nd run:

Car spun again, this time a little worse. Cut a 1.85 60' and ran a 10.8 @ 130.7

Seeing that the track prep just wasn't going to cut it, I called it quits. DA on both runs were about 700 (62* ambient)

If I can cut a 1.6-1.7 60' this car is going 10.4-10.5 in factory trim, which is bonkers for a factory car!!

Huracan_slip.png

Nice runs! Imagine how good it would feel with a bolt on kit :icon_mrgreen:

Funny, I was thinking the SAME exact thing. :icon_mrgreen:

I have no doubt a bolt-on (which is the kit I'd like) with 800 whp will run mid-low 9s at 150 as long as the factory LC capabilities are not compromised.

The transparent bonnet will make the rear visibility even worse! Mainly due to reflections, I couldn't see anything absolute rubbish, at least I could see something between the slats of the standard bonnet.

You spot on on the car it's a fantastic car, bring on the SL!

The transparent bonnet will make the rear visibility even worse! Mainly due to reflections...

No kidding? I would have never guessed that. It should be illegal for the rear visibility to be this bad on a street legal car, lol.

No kidding? I would have never guessed that. It should be illegal for the rear visibility to be this bad on a street legal car, lol.

Why do you care who's behind you? :icon_mrgreen:

Nice post & OMG LOL LOL LOL I literally just laughed at the "I Cant See SHIIIIIT" part ha!

Yeah I have the glass bonnet & honestly I am used to it. I feel Like I can see just fine..well...not just fine I won't lie. But I have gown used to it & I don't have an issue looking & seeing if anything is behind me. Now there are those crazy blind spots so every time just to be sure if I don't see anything in the glass behind or the mirrors I still give her a little JOLT speed to make sure nothing is hiding in my blind spots before I get over.

Just to echo the transparent engine cover thoughts, it makes it worse, not sure it's reflections it's just 3 inches all the way round the edge is totally blacked out rather than clear so you immediately lose about 25% of the viewable area. Worst rear visibility of any car I have ever owned.

Gearbox if great, aventador really needs that next round

That's one of the fastest trap speeds I have seen on a stock H.

The prep at Milan is a lot better on the no et days. That should help your 60'

Well you guys just saved me a lot of money then. Thanks for the feedback regarding the glass bonnet.

Darrin, it was some decent air last night but I am still surprised the car went as fast as it did. Almost 131 is moving!

It's crazy to think that with just a few bolt ons (filters, exhaust, tune, R888) this could potentially go low 10s! I am certainly tempted to try it.

Well you guys just saved me a lot of money then. Thanks for the feedback regarding the glass bonnet.

Darrin, it was some decent air last night but I am still surprised the car went as fast as it did. Almost 131 is moving!

It's crazy to think that with just a few bolt ons (filters, exhaust, tune, R888) this could potentially go low 10s! I am certainly tempted to try it.

Temptation ... Hmmm ... Looking forward to the videos ...

Like I said before ... Summer/Fall of 2017 ... They're Back!!!

The boys are putting the band back together ...

On a serious note ... The car looks great ... Enjoy and be safe ...

I wouldn't waste time and money on the small parts. Just shoot straight for the twin turbos.

nice runs... I was getting 1.62 60' but the crappy weather is holding me back, 2000 DA... 10.72 is my best so far...

a Hurcan with a 100 shot just ran 10.2 @ 138 MPH at FL2k...

nice runs... I was getting 1.62 60' but the crappy weather is holding me back, 2000 DA... 10.72 is my best so far...

a Hurcan with a 100 shot just ran 10.2 @ 138 MPH at FL2k...

You need my DA and I need your 60'. :icon_mrgreen:

exactly, hopefully the weather cools soon.... your prep must be pretty bad, my Huracan hooks great even on the street...

You need my DA and I need your 60'. :icon_mrgreen:

exactly, hopefully the weather cools soon.... your prep must be pretty bad, my Huracan hooks great even on the street...

Track prep was awful. It was high school national drag day and those cars are not allowed to go faster than 12.0, so the officials don't prep the track. Of course I found that out after arriving there...lol

Awesome review, had me laughing at some spots! The visibility on these cars are going hill fast, its honestly pretty crazy! Regarding the full bolt on kit, I'd love to assist!

Our Supersport X-Pipe Valve Exhaust System makes tremendous gains just for getting rid of the factory exhaust. The factory muffler has multiple exhaust chambers filled with wool packing in addition to a second set of catalytic converters, it no wonder we pick up significant power and drop 23 pounds off the rear. If you pair the exhaust with our custom tuning its a game changer, +45WHP and +37ft/lbs of torque.

Please let me know if there are any questions you might have, I'd be happy to assist!

Supersport X-Pipe Valved Exhaust System - Product Link

Fabspeed ECU Tune - Product Link

Lamborghini_Huracan_Supersport_Product__

Huracan_ECU_Tune_-_Dyno__58998.147387769

Awesome review, had me laughing at some spots! The visibility on these cars are going hill fast, its honestly pretty crazy! Regarding the full bolt on kit, I'd love to assist!

Our Supersport X-Pipe Valve Exhaust System makes tremendous gains just for getting rid of the factory exhaust. The factory muffler has multiple exhaust chambers filled with wool packing in addition to a second set of catalytic converters, it no wonder we pick up significant power and drop 23 pounds off the rear. If you pair the exhaust with our custom tuning its a game changer, +45WHP and +37ft/lbs of torque.

Please let me know if there are any questions you might have, I'd be happy to assist!

So if I do your exhaust and tune but don't get at least +40 whp, do I get a refund? :icon_mrgreen:

So if I do your exhaust and tune but don't get at least +40 whp, do I get a refund? :icon_mrgreen:

I wish! lol but judging by your photos, you seem to already be well equipped! MAYBE even more than 40 over stock?? :)

Is yours a 610-4 or a 580-2? The dyno I posted is the RWD version.

Here's the 610-4 EXHAUST ONLY dyno

Lamborghini_Huracan_Supersport_Dyno__273

I wish! lol but judging by your photos, you seem to already be well equipped! MAYBE even more than 40 over stock?? :)

Is yours a 610-4 or a 580-2? The dyno I posted is the RWD version.

Here's the 610-4 EXHAUST ONLY dyno

+28 whp for just an exhaust is really impressive. So what would a 610-4 do with an exhaust, filters, and tune?

+28 whp for just an exhaust is really impressive. So what would a 610-4 do with an exhaust, filters, and tune?

We have sold the full kit together we just have not had the luxury to dyno it in house producing a dyno.

My tuner confirmed that the 610-4 will yield very similar gains compared to the 580-2.

We have sold the full kit together we just have not had the luxury to dyno it in house producing a dyno.

My tuner confirmed that the 610-4 will yield very similar gains compared to the 580-2.

If you ever get a before & after dyno of a 610-4 with exhaust/filters/tune, please post the results. Thanks!!