Texas Invitational King of the Streets video by Underground Racing.

Underground Racing

like i said , they can cancel TI as far as i am concerned. It will always be UG vs UG. The GTR has reached its limit with a V6 and front motor. It was fun while it lasted. Give Kevin a GTR and see how far he can take it.. as give Tony a Lambo and see how far he can take it. If the platforms were reversed UG would always be playing catch up. displacement , weight , motor on top of rear tires, better AWD system and a NON OEM tranny + weight to power ratio= uphill losing battle.

I am more surprised why Dallas, Heffner and the other Lambo shops are not even close to UG more than why a 3800lb V6 lost.

3200 Huracan? I guess you are talking about dry weight... any Tt Huracan weight over 3600 pounds... my friend just weighted his 2015 Huracan and it's was a little over 3500 pounds with a light weight aftermarket exhaust... also Kisco mentioned his car weighted over 3600 pounds

You give Kevin a GTR and he will definitely take it to the next level just like He did it with the Pre LP Gallardos, LP Gallardos, R8 and now Huracans...

Dallas performance, Heffner, other lambo shops, nth moto and A-MM-S tried to take aventage of the V10 Lambo/R8 plataform but none of them succeed.... some of them are good and some of them are not that good but none of them achieve what UGR achieved with these cars...

post-186226-1477551283_thumb.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam, for some reason Lamborghinis are way heavier than what their dry weight would suggest.

Take the Aventador. Its dry weight is supposedly 3473 pounds. But many Aventador owners in this forum have weighed theirs between 3800 and up to 4000 pounds fully loaded.

Same thing with the LP570. Its dry weight is listed at 2950. But I have personally seen one on a scale with no driver inside, all fluids and little less than half a tank and it weighed 3300 pounds. So yeah, where do the extra 350 pounds come from? I don´t know.

But neither the Huracan, nor the LP cars or R8s weigh what they are advertised at. Add like 350 pounds and you land right where Dustins estimation was

Lambo always wants you to think its cars are light but they aren't. All US huracans and new r8 are well over 3,600 lbs with no driver. Kind of funny because they claim with the new frame it's lighter. These are stock cars.

My lp570 with a bolt on turbo kit weighed 3400. My v10 r8 was 3705 lbs with no driver. I never weighed my r8 gt or my 570 when it was a 2R.

Here is Fadi's Huracan with I think half a tank of fuel.

IMG_5293.JPG

ok, I just went by what lamborghini claimed. I stand corrected. LP570 under 3000 is pretty insane.

The LP570 are insane cars but turds without UGR magic 😬

ok, I just went by what lamborghini claimed. I stand corrected. LP570 under 3000 is pretty insane.

You are upset from 200lbs next time put a passenger in the huracan and let him beat any of those gtr''s and you know it can be done easily and it's not and never was completely about the right platform. It's Kevin and KC and all around them they started way back in supercharging a viper and beating all the tuners who had years of experience I think around 20 years back!

You are upset from 200lbs next time put a passenger in the huracan and let him beat any of those gtr''s and you know it can be done easily and it's not and never was completely about the right platform. It's Kevin and KC and all around them they started way back in supercharging a viper and beating all the tuners who had years of experience I think around 20 years back!

It more than just weight...its the actual platform. you are starting with a superior car.

Like i said, they can cancel Ti at this point.The GTR is near max. Lambos still have room to go.

what are you going to race? vipers? supras?

you guys should be happy at the very least T1 and ETS are hanging around giving it a go since they are much quicker than the next lambo shops..you would expect the big names to contend. Best they have run to date is 204 ? and 23x in half mile? vs 244 and 210. No one would tune in to watch Ti if there was no T1.

It more than just weight...its the actual platform. you are starting with a superior car.

Like i said, they can cancel Ti at this point.The GTR is near max. Lambos still have room to go.

what are you going to race? vipers? supras?

you guys should be happy at the very least T1 and ETS are hanging around giving it a go since they are much quicker than the next lambo shops..you would expect the big names to contend. Best they have run to date is 204 ? and 23x in half mile? vs 244 and 210. No one would tune in to watch Ti if there was no T1.

I think Tony is competitive and ETS would do great at TI. I say let ETS come and they can keep their car totally stripped out. I'm sure an exception on the rules could be made. Maybe we can get Sal to bring his Viper.

I think Tony is competitive and ETS would do great at TI. I say let ETS come and they can keep their car totally stripped out. I'm sure an exception on the rules could be made. Maybe we can get Sal to bring his Viper.

It would not be hard for ETS to just add interior.For some reason they want the world record in half mile vs Ti heads up..So that really leaves one shop and really 1 car. Tony's GTR. good news for you guys, Tony's car is in TX so i am sure he will always attend these events.

I would love to see Sal run his viper. I think he will lose.. AWD in these events have shown to be tough beat.

Well, other than Tonys T1 and the ETS shop car, there are actually a couple of frount mounted turbo GTRs on the way and built right now.

So as far as i know and excluding the AM.S´s shop car, there will be around 5 GTR´s that COULD attend TI next time around and be competitive. Therefore I would not say there is no competition at all. 2500WHP GTR´s are no joke and TI still relies on who has a good reaction time as well

Well, other than Tonys T1 and the ETS shop car, there are actually a couple of frount mounted turbo GTRs on the way and built right now.

So as far as i know and excluding the AM.S´s shop car, there will be around 5 GTR´s that COULD attend TI next time around and be competitive. Therefore I would not say there is no competition at all. 2500WHP GTR´s are no joke and TI still relies on who has a good reaction time as well

I mean we only make 2200 whp last we dynoed a couple of years ago. GTR's with 2500 whp should be able to beat us easy;)

I mean we only make 2200 whp last we dynoed a couple of years ago. GTR's with 2500 whp should be able to beat us easy;)

Dynoed an X version at 2200WHP? Didn´t you once say that you promise a certain HP level to your customer. So what if they order an X2 or X3 in the future and want to see proof (dyno) of your numbers haha? Is there actually a way you could properly measure it anymore?

you make what you want to make when needed....

you make what you want to make when needed....

You do know that all X versions still have 76 mm turbos right ? How much power do you think you could make with those ? Not as much as gtrs

Gtrs have 80+mm turbos + weight reduction + no exhaust + parachute + radials/slicks + methanol + no power windows + billet block, etc.

They should walk everything out there...

To put things into perspective, I don't think any of the GTR shops woke up one morning and decided to gut their cars. They had to do so to remain competitive. ETS literally stated this after the launch of the newest build. They said we've pushed this as far as it'll go but to stay competitive with other shops, we had to finally strip the car. Morally they were with UGR on having a more-or-less factory interior.

If DP or Heffner or whoever is the 'next best' shop showed up with a gutted G or H and starting winning TI after TI, I'm sure ONE UGR owner eventually would say to himself I need to strip mine down also. I've never met anyone that PREFERS a gutted car, or methanol, or any of the other sacrifices they make to go faster. It's just the competition, or running a better 1/4 or 1/2 or track time. Same way i've never meant a person that says I hate my A/C or stereo or comfortable seats and I just wanted to get rid of it.

Fact is, there's been no need to, because once again in respect to UGR, they built such an insane package that they are still the king without having to go down that road. Also, anyone arguing the G or H is an inferior platform is deluded. The displacement, weight, engine placement are the REASON why the GTRs had to be gutted, run methanol, bigger turbos, etc... ALL these cars began life full weight, on race gas or ethanol, with stock turbos. But they've pushed and pushed. Arguably the R&D surpassed Lambos because they again, HAD TO. In fact are there ANY non-OEM displacement Lambos? GTRs have gone 3.8, 4.0, 4.1, 4.4, run every kind of gas up to methanol, billet block, transmission components, full slicks, etc. etc. Does anyone think if a gutted GTR was king of the hill that other tuners / platforms wouldn't start going down a similar path? Just be happy continually coming in 2nd or 3rd? In fact I'd argue this is the reason an X2 package exists. Yes to go faster, but ASS and T1 have been knocking on the UGRs records doors year after year. So UGR has had to step up as well. And that they've done.

Having said all that, with TI and the 1/2 mile records, if UGR gets the DCT Huracan in the 6s without it being stripped, that will be formidable. As a non-gutted street car on race gas is something everyone can relate to over a gutted race car on meth.

To put things into perspective, I don't think any of the GTR shops woke up one morning and decided to gut their cars. They had to do so to remain competitive. ETS literally stated this after the launch of the newest build. They said we've pushed this as far as it'll go but to stay competitive with other shops, we had to finally strip the car. Morally they were with UGR on having a more-or-less factory interior.

If DP or Heffner or whoever is the 'next best' shop showed up with a gutted G or H and starting winning TI after TI, I'm sure ONE UGR owner eventually would say to himself I need to strip mine down also. I've never met anyone that PREFERS a gutted car, or methanol, or any of the other sacrifices they make to go faster. It's just the competition, or running a better 1/4 or 1/2 or track time. Same way i've never meant a person that says I hate my A/C or stereo or comfortable seats and I just wanted to get rid of it.

Fact is, there's been no need to, because once again in respect to UGR, they built such an insane package that they are still the king without having to go down that road. Also, anyone arguing the G or H is an inferior platform is deluded. The displacement, weight, engine placement are the REASON why the GTRs had to be gutted, run methanol, bigger turbos, etc... ALL these cars began life full weight, on race gas or ethanol, with stock turbos. But they've pushed and pushed. Arguably the R&D surpassed Lambos because they again, HAD TO. In fact are there ANY non-OEM displacement Lambos? GTRs have gone 3.8, 4.0, 4.1, 4.4, run every kind of gas up to methanol, billet block, transmission components, full slicks, etc. etc. Does anyone think if a gutted GTR was king of the hill that other tuners / platforms wouldn't start going down a similar path? Just be happy continually coming in 2nd or 3rd? In fact I'd argue this is the reason an X2 package exists. Yes to go faster, but ASS and T1 have been knocking on the UGRs records doors year after year. So UGR has had to step up as well. And that they've done.

Having said all that, with TI and the 1/2 mile records, if UGR gets the DCT Huracan in the 6s without it being stripped, that will be formidable. As a non-gutted street car on race gas is something everyone can relate to over a gutted race car on meth.

They all know that and all are just shocked by what UR did haha

I have heard the other Lambo tuners cars have been lightened already and they have been that way for a while.

I have heard the other Lambo tuners cars have been lightened already and they have been that way for a while.

It's that why They are losing Their hair?