good netflix shows?

SV-N-IT

A friend turned me on to Happy Valley on Netflix.  If you can get through the first 30 minutes of set up in the first episode, it's fcuking brilliant. Really dark, thankfully only 12 episodes. Not sure I could take much more of it, it's relentless. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Conversation with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes is a pretty good 4 part series. It doesn't really go into the details of the murders but his actions before, during, and after.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, kinnsella said:

Narcos Mexico was awesome. Best season yet.

I agree narcos mexico was better than original Narcos.  I must have passed on watching Narcos Mexico so many times telling myself "its gonna suck, it cant be as good as pablo escorbar,"

Damn i was wrong.  

• 1 month later...

Watched this last night, was really great and worth checking out.  What these guys do is absolutely nuts.

Billions Season 4 is on now as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Motley Crue "doc" last night, lots of titties, drugs, and general insanity.  8/10, worth checking out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800325/

On 3/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, emanon said:

Watched this last night, was really great and worth checking out.  What these guys do is absolutely nuts.

Billions Season 4 is on now as well.

Loved the Dawn Wall.

I'm not a rock climbing enthusiast, but it's definitely inspiring to see what he overcame to pursue his goal. Highly recommend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man Like Mobeen.

Mainly a comedy set in modern day Birmingham about an ex drug dealer/ mid level gangster trying to go straight.

It's quirky, off the wall and with some poignant moments. Two short seasons available with a third in production.

Available on iPlayer and UK Netflix. Not sure about US Netflix

I loved it.

• 2 months later...

Watched the Kominsky Method on Netflix.

Well done.  A bit depressing at first but rallies and drew us in although the theme is aging and all the sh!t that happens as one gets older.  It’s all real life and very relatable (if you are in your 5th+ decade).  Humor intersperses the drama and poignant moments.  

Michael Douglas (not a huge fan but he does a good job with his character), Alan Arkin, Jane Seymour, Paul Rudd (annoying and perfect for his character), Nancy Travis, Danny Devito, and a brief appearance by Kathleen Turner (barely recognizable) and Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad).

Two seasons.  Will watch if they make more...  

• 1 month later...

I cant say where you can watch it, but norwegian EXIT was very good. Just ended watching the first season. I hope that  second season is underway. 

It is basically 4 filthy rich men having cocaine and hookers behind their fiances and childs back. But like in reality,  try to jump too many puddles and soon the feet are wet.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:39 AM, kinnsella said:

This 

He....

Was....

Very....

Slow...

In...

His...

Delivery.
Almost fell in sleep before first half as he literally says half a sentence / minute. Jokes are good but not nearly as good as himself thinks they are.

19 hours ago, rmtn said:

He....

Was....

Very....

Slow...

In...

His...

Delivery.
Almost fell in sleep before first half as he literally says half a sentence / minute. Jokes are good but not nearly as good as himself thinks they are.

If you talk real slow, you don't have to have near as much material! :lol2: